“Defiantly be back” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 16 hotels in Monroe
Nashville, Tennessee
“Defiantly be back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

Service was top notch! The ladies at the front desk were more than helpful at check in. Staff next day were eager to make my stay the best. Would defiantly stay here again. Hotel has been renovated but still shows signs of the old courtyards. Still a great place to stay.

• Stayed April 2013
Jessica L, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Monroe Airport, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Dear cad357,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Courtyard by Marriott in Monroe. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our service!
We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Monroe!

82 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Fort Worth, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Passing through Louisiana, we stayed at this hotel on Easter Sunday. My husband loves Marriott Courtyard hotels, but this one got a thumbs-down from me. I would've hated to have a UV-light to shine in this room. There was nothing outstandingly bad about it at first glance, but then I had a chance to study the bathroom. In short, the corners were not clean, there was a lot of dirt and grime around the tub, and the commode stopped up. My husband said this is not unusual for hotel plumbing and immediately went down to the front desk for a plunger. The clerk was with another customer and said he would have one to us as soon as he finished with that guest, but over two hours later, my husband had to go down again and get them to give it to him. I think if you're paying $90+ for a room, you shouldn't have to take care of your room's plumbing problems, and I don't even want to think about what that tiny bug was that came onto the tile from the carpet. Would I let him book a room here again? Only for himself because there's no way I'd come back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Laurie M,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Courtyard by Marriott in Monroe. I want to apologize about the condition of your room during your recent stay. I would like for you to contact me at your convenience at either 318-388-0034 or by email at jessical@intermtn.biz, so that I may get more information from you about your stay.

Romeo, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here Sunday and Monday.weve been traveling from west to east .we have found courtyard Marriott is a cut above,you also pay more,but you expect more.we went to go to pool and found there were a lot of kids.so we thought we would come back latter.as we were walking outside we notice people walking towards us from the adjacent residents inn .i enquirer at desk,the desk said that the pool over there was outside !thought you pay for what you get.did not know Marriott policy as to if you stay at one facility if you can use any other marriot pools hymns ect. We did get to go for a swim latter that evening,after the kids cleared out.went to bed til,,,,,,,the whole hotel was awoken by the FIRE ALARMS going off at 1:30am,I try calling front desk no answer,my wife and I get dressed walk down the back stairway to parking lot! Where we see several other people standing.we wait ,expecting to see a fire engine comming.nothing.we walk to main entrance looking to see if ther is smoke or fire ,nothing.alarms are still going off.we are not approached by any Marriott staff nor do we see any?around 2am we decide to go back to room,everyone's cold.alarms stop,for a few moments but comes back on.i tell my wife were only on 2nd floor with balcony.we can jump.some time maybe around 3am or so alarms stop.Next morning after a few hours sleep,I go to lobby,to get a coffee .i would think the manager and staff after last night would be greeting every guest coming to lobby with a smile and an apology And a free breakfast.Nope. didn't realize I was on a carnival cruise ship.or as I was told by staff ,that a group of partying people on third floor,we're the cause of last nights un restful sleep

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Hotel is in great location right near the mall and an Applebee's. When we arrived a basketball team was checking in and management came out from back to ensure I was checked in quickly. Lobby was nice, but not very family friendly. Desk staff was nice enough. Rooms were comfortable and clean. None of my online requests were given which is frustrating after a long day of travel with a baby, but they did eventually get us a crib. Liked the fridge in every room. Pool was nice, but hated that they let the Townplace Suites guests use it. I booked the hotel for the reason they are the only one who had an indoor pool- guess next time I will pay the lower rate and stay across the street. Bar service was good one night, but the next night it was our server from breakfast. She complained about not knowing what she was doing and having to be there for 16 hours- kind of unprofessional. Breakfast was terrible! They can only cook one meal at a time and so for a family of four- that was annoying. Love Marriott and Courtyard is such a great brand. I'm glad Monroe has one.

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear CubReviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Courtyard by Marriott in Monroe. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your brief stay with us.
The management staff is looking into the concerns that you had during your stay. Thank you for bringing each one to our attention, so that we may look into finding a solution.
Please contact me at 318-388-0034 or by email at jessical@intermtn.biz if you have any questions or need anything else.

Denton,Tx.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The place is nice and comfy. Clean. Near mall and plenty of places to eat. The only thing that fell short was the ladies working the food/bar counter at night and also in the morning.
To say they knew the meaning of customer service would be a joke. They both were MIA for the most part, the girl in the AM would look at you as if she had a brain fart. The friend that was w/me went to get Bfast at a different time than me, but we laughed because we both had the same experience. My friend also noticed the girl was texting more than she was working.
REALLY?? IN THIS ECONOMY?? WOW. Made me want to show her how it's done, before we left. GOOD NIGHT!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Jessica L, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Monroe Airport, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Dear red2mom,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Courtyard by Marriott in Monroe. While I am happy that you enjoyed our service at the front desk, I am disappointed about your experience in our Bistro.
Thank you for letting us know about the service you received from the Bistro. We will address the problems that you had with our staff, and we will be retraining the employees in the Bistro department.

Sweetwater
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Great night. Easy access from I-20. Great staff! The hotel is right beside the mall and several food places. We had no problems and we had a really good time. If you are passing through, you need to stay here.

Room Tip: We were on first floor by lobby and it was great!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear RangersFan1980,

Thank you for reviewing the Courtyard by Marriott in Monroe. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Monroe.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Nice, typical Courtyard with the BEST staff I have encountered in ages. I stayed here for 3 nights on business in the area. Staff was consistently helpful and cordial, going way beyond the typical good service. For example, when I asked For a local paper, front desk staff offered to order one for me each morning. Breakfast in The Bistro was disappointing but the coffee is good and, again, the staff was way above par for friendliness and helpfulness.I would not think of staying anywhere else when in Monroe.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Dorpers,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Courtyard by Marriott in Monroe. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our staff is very enthusiastic about the job that they do. They strive to go above and beyond for each of our guests.
We look forward to your next stay with us!

Jessica Lutiker

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Monroe Airport? Share your experiences!