“Nice place to stay briefly!” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #5 of 15 hotels in Monroe
“Nice place to stay briefly!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Hotel is in great location right near the mall and an Applebee's. When we arrived a basketball team was checking in and management came out from back to ensure I was checked in quickly. Lobby was nice, but not very family friendly. Desk staff was nice enough. Rooms were comfortable and clean. None of my online requests were given which is frustrating after a long day of travel with a baby, but they did eventually get us a crib. Liked the fridge in every room. Pool was nice, but hated that they let the Townplace Suites guests use it. I booked the hotel for the reason they are the only one who had an indoor pool- guess next time I will pay the lower rate and stay across the street. Bar service was good one night, but the next night it was our server from breakfast. She complained about not knowing what she was doing and having to be there for 16 hours- kind of unprofessional. Breakfast was terrible! They can only cook one meal at a time and so for a family of four- that was annoying. Love Marriott and Courtyard is such a great brand. I'm glad Monroe has one.

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Jessica L, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Monroe Airport, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Dear CubReviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Courtyard by Marriott in Monroe. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your brief stay with us.
The management staff is looking into the concerns that you had during your stay. Thank you for bringing each one to our attention, so that we may look into finding a solution.
Please contact me at 318-388-0034 or by email at jessical@intermtn.biz if you have any questions or need anything else.

69 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Denton,Tx.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The place is nice and comfy. Clean. Near mall and plenty of places to eat. The only thing that fell short was the ladies working the food/bar counter at night and also in the morning.
To say they knew the meaning of customer service would be a joke. They both were MIA for the most part, the girl in the AM would look at you as if she had a brain fart. The friend that was w/me went to get Bfast at a different time than me, but we laughed because we both had the same experience. My friend also noticed the girl was texting more than she was working.
REALLY?? IN THIS ECONOMY?? WOW. Made me want to show her how it's done, before we left. GOOD NIGHT!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Jessica L, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Monroe Airport, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Dear red2mom,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Courtyard by Marriott in Monroe. While I am happy that you enjoyed our service at the front desk, I am disappointed about your experience in our Bistro.
Thank you for letting us know about the service you received from the Bistro. We will address the problems that you had with our staff, and we will be retraining the employees in the Bistro department.

Sweetwater
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Great night. Easy access from I-20. Great staff! The hotel is right beside the mall and several food places. We had no problems and we had a really good time. If you are passing through, you need to stay here.

Room Tip: We were on first floor by lobby and it was great!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear RangersFan1980,

Thank you for reviewing the Courtyard by Marriott in Monroe. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Monroe.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Nice, typical Courtyard with the BEST staff I have encountered in ages. I stayed here for 3 nights on business in the area. Staff was consistently helpful and cordial, going way beyond the typical good service. For example, when I asked For a local paper, front desk staff offered to order one for me each morning. Breakfast in The Bistro was disappointing but the coffee is good and, again, the staff was way above par for friendliness and helpfulness.I would not think of staying anywhere else when in Monroe.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Dorpers,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Courtyard by Marriott in Monroe. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our staff is very enthusiastic about the job that they do. They strive to go above and beyond for each of our guests.
We look forward to your next stay with us!

2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

Where do I start? Well,when we checked in the hostess pushed the "Deli" on us so much it was uncomfortable. I had to finally very bluntly tell her we were only interested in checking in and getting our key. The room seemed okay at first. The layout was odd. The bed seemed unusually close to the floor. Neither one of the in-room phones worked. The shower head leaked and I almost went down stairs and requested a refund when I finally laid down in the bed- I SUNK! You literally sink into the mattress and not in a posh luxury kind of way. Worst nights sleep tossing and turning.
We paid the $10 extra for breakfast and that was a joke. I assumed it would be the usual hotel buffet breakfast. Instead it was tiny portion of microwaved nasty food.
None of the hotels in this area had really great reviews but we chose Courtyard because we've enjoyed every other Courtyard we've stayed at. This was a HUGE mistake. For the hundred plus bucks we paid, I expected better. I feel like I was robbed. We'll be visiting Monroe pretty often for the next few months for my husbands work but you better believe we are staying away from this rat hole.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear LynnAnnBB,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Courtyard by Marriott in Monroe. I apologize that you did not have a very good experience with us.
Our front desk does try to inform each of our guests about the amenities that we offer at our hotel. I do apologize if she was being too insistent about what our Bistro has to offer.
I would like for you to email me at jessical@intermtn.biz or call me at 318-388-0034 at your convenience, so that I may look into the other issues that you had during your stay and have them corrected.

Jessica Lutiker

Travelers are raving about these Monroe hotels

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

Very pleasant staff very willing to help and assistance. Have never stayed were everything was nice clean and helpful. Would recommend and stay again. Also loved that they had a bistro and Starbucks. Very convenient location to shopping restaurants and airport. Rooms were were very clean and updated.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Brandyryder1,

Thank you for reviewing the Courtyard by Marriott in Monroe. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I am also happy that you enjoyed our renovated rooms, Bistro, and Starbucks. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Monroe!

Crossett
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Wanted to go to avoid and nice dinner last weekend and not travel far we only live about an hour from monroe so it is a perfect spot. The courtyard is on a great location----right by the mall and several restaurants. The staff makes you feel like you are their only guest! They are friendly and helpful. There is even an indoor pool. A great spot for a weekend getaway!

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Gran7,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Courtyard by Marriott in Monroe. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Our staff truly loves the job that they do, and they strive to make each and every one of our guests feel just as you did! We look forward to seeing you again the next time you need another weekend getaway!

Jessica Lutiker

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Monroe Airport? Share your experiences!