“Convenient location, nice rooms” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #6 of 16 hotels in Monroe
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Convenient location, nice rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Traveled for business and have stayed here a few times in the past and have not been disappointed. Consistently helpful staff at the front desk, rooms are clean, and beds are comfortable. The location is very convenient - Applebee's is right next door, as well as several other restaurants around the mall and it's convenient to get to from the interstate. Overall, definitely would recommend it and will likely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Jessica L, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Monroe Airport, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Dear Jen590,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Courtyard by Marriott in Monroe. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to having you again as our guest the next time that you visit Monroe!

74 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Good hotel! Traveled to Monroe for business and it was a great place to stay. Easy to get in an out of in traffic. Located behind and Applebee's which was nice. Only complaint was that they did not carry Ibuprophen or Tylenol at the Front Desk. I came down with a high fever while there (no fault of the hotel) and my assistant went to get me something to break the fever and was told that they did not have anything. I worked in the hotel industry for over 10 years and we always had something on hand, just in case. Other than that, the rooms were comfortable and nice!

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Jessica L, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Monroe Airport, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Dear Leann W,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Courtyard by Marriott in Monroe. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our rooms and our convenient location.
I also appreciate your suggestion about adding some medicines to The Market area for our guests. This is definitely something that we will consider in the future.

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott in Monroe,
Shreveport
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

My family travels to Monroe annually for Thanksgiving and we have not found a "great" place yet. This is by far the best of where we have stayed the last ten years. Clean, good service... The advertised hot coffee all day was out several times I tried to get some. Another time there was no cream. I wonder if that is because they sell Starbucks at certain hours.
All in all a good experience. Clean, bathrooms worked.a/c /heat.worked. Bed was not as comfortable as we like. We were happy to get home to our own firm mattress.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Jessica L, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Monroe Airport, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
Dear JFrancesShreveport,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Courtyard by Marriott in Monroe. I am happy to hear that we have been the best hotel that you have stayed at on your trips to Monroe. Our staff takes pride in the cleanliness and the service that they provide.
The complimentary coffee station is provided during the hours of 5:00am until 10:00am and again from 5:00pm until 8:00pm. I apologize if the coffee pots were not put away during the hours of 10:00am until 5:00pm.
We appreciate your feedback of our hotel, and we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Monroe.

Bossier City, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel many times on business over the years - love the location as it's very convenient to the mall, restaurants, and the interstate. Think I just didn't get a great room this time - the controls on the heat/A-C had faded to the point it was really difficult to read if you had it on Heat or A/C, low or high cool or whatever. The bathroom had 2 hooks on the wall as though someone had removed a framed picture and never put it back. And in the sink/vanity area outside the bathroom, the only light is way high on the wall so it was very dim there to try to put on make up. These are all relatively minor items but annoying. Staff always friendly and love the Bistro breakfasts, lots of close in parking.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear N0rmalee,

Thank you for reviewing the Courtyard by Marriott in Monroe. I apologize about the issues that you had with the room you stayed in. We were in the process of changing the pictures in the bathrooms at the time of your stay, and we have replaced all of them. I would like to know which room that you were in so that I can have the air conditioner dial and vanity light looked at. I can be contacted at jessical@intermtn.biz or 318-388-0034.
Thank you, and we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Monroe.

Irving, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Took my fiance' home to meet my family. The room was very stylish and clean. The very comfortable king sized bed was a welcome sight to see after the long drive home. A smiling front desk associate was always there, no matter what time we came and went.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Jessica L, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Monroe Airport, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
Dear Angela B,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Courtyard by Marriott in Monroe! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay in our newly remodeled rooms and our friendly staff.
We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Monroe!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

Ricky was great he went the extra mile to make sure we were taken care of. The staff was wonderful and friendly. The hotel was clean and perfect location for visit to ULM. The hotel is a modern feel and easy access to area restaurants. Would definitely stay here again if we were ever in the area. Best hotel for money in the area.

• Stayed September 2012
Dear texantravellor,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Courtyard by Marriott in Monroe. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I appreciate your kind words about Ricky and our staff. Our staff truly enjoys their job, and we strive to make each and every one of our guests feel at home.
We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Monroe!

Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

My husband and I normally don't venture on to I-20 but due to Hurricane Isaac we were forced to travel the Northern route to Texas while on holiday. The Courtyard was good, with a fantastic lobby and lots of options for dining. We stayed on the first floor in room 108, which had a king bed and was comfortable. The rooms appear to have been remodeled and are very yellow and red which we didn't care for. The bathroom was very clean - the shower was hot and had great water pressure. The closet door mirror was broken and the room was a little warm, even at 60 degrees. I brought my pillow from home and my husband slept on the hotel pillows which were more like half-pillows and offered no support. He unfortunately didn't get a lot of sleep due to the pillows. Our room happened to be next to the maintenance room which was a little noisy until around 9:00PM. Being close to the mall there's several dining options. We checked out fairly early the following morning to get back on the road - around 6:30AM - but had to wait a while as there were no hotel staff to check us out. Overall, it was an okay stay.

Room Tip: Opt for a room on a higher floor to avoid the noisy lobby.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear kmbonin82,

I apologize about the maintenance issues that you had with the room that you stayed in. I notified our maintenance staff, and we have had these problems corrected. We have also taken the necessary steps to train our staff on having the front desk attended at all times.
I am happy that you enjoyed our remodeled lobby and our convenient location.
We hope that you will choose our hotel again in the future for your trips to Monroe.

Jessica Lutiker

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Monroe Airport? Share your experiences!