“I want to love this place, but...” 3 of 5 stars

2001 Louisville Avenue, Monroe, LA
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Sulphur, Louisiana
“I want to love this place, but...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

We have dined at this restaurant for 22 years, even before it was the Brandy House. It is where we went on our 1st date. The atmosphere and service are wonderful. They have live music (piano and sax). The menu is unique and has a nice variety of options. However, I was disappointed in the quality and execution of the dishes that we ordered. For an appetizer, we order the shrimp pizzetta. This is shrimp, tomato, basil, and mozzarella served on a precooked thick pizza crust.. The crust was a real disappointment. For the main course, I ordered the scallops on feta grits. The scallops were over blackened and the grits were bland. The slaw with this dish was excellent. My spouse ordered the the red snapper and found it to be bland as well.

• Visited December 2011