“Visit to Monroe, LA” 3 of 5 stars

Days Inn Monroe
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5650 Frontage Road, I-20 Exit 120, Monroe, LA 71202   |
Ranked #8 of 16 hotels in Monroe

103 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Cadiz, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We purchased the hotel through Wyndham. This was the worst motel we ever attempted to stay in. We purchased two adjoining rooms. It was room 202 and 203 on Wednesday 7-3-2013 and Thursday 7-4-2013. One of the rooms had a stale odor in it. We sprayed Lysol then the lady at the front desk sprayed also. The rooms were not dusted and I do not believe the floors were cleaned. When I went to the bathroom I noticed that there was black stuff around the inside of the commode. I knew this was not going to work. Then I looked in the tub and saw how nasty it was and I said enough is enough. I asked for another room but I was told that there was no more rooms available but if I did not stay I would have to pay for the first night of both rooms.
I do not think I am asking to much to have clean rooms. I realize this was not the Marriott but it could at least be clean. We did not stay the night at the motel but I think it is a shame that you have to pay for a nasty room when you did not see it before you paid for it.

Room Tip: We left and did not stay 1 night but we still got charged.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Please look at the room before you pay! We checked into our rooms site unseen. When we entered our room there was an terrible smell. When we called the front desk they refused to give a refund. The desk clerk came up and sprayed the room. Upon further inspection the furniture was covered with dust and the bathrooms were Stained and nasty. The desk clerk said the room was clean. Needless to say we didn't stay the night. If That's what she calls clean we had doubt they even changed the sheets. That's the last time we rent without seeing it first....

• Stayed July 2013
Fredericksburg, VA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We checked in a were given a single smoking room which we had never asked for. It makes no sense that a smoking room should be a default. They stated that we had to pay extra to upgrade to a double room since that was all they had that was non-smoking. Then my husband found a flea on his leg. There was a hole in the bathtub and the floor and couch were both covered in stains and burn holes. To top it off the door didn't lock. At all. THEN and only then did they move us to another room with no upgrade cost. The non-smoking room (and I'm assuming non-pet friendly room since we saw no more fleas) was reasonably clean and more what I would expect from a days inn. I believe this is an independently owned hotel but I was still shocked that Days Inn as a nationally recognized company would allow such poor representation of their brand.

• Stayed June 2013
Meraux
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

The pool was green and the room was not cleaned well..
The room had a musty stale smell and the carpet felt dirty when i took my shoes off.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Been to Days Inn Monroe? Share your experiences!