“Pet friendly? No. Not People Friendly Either.” 1 of 5 stars

Days Inn Monroe
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5650 Frontage Road, I-20 Exit 120, Monroe, LA 71202   |
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Monroe
Wichita Falls, Texas
“Pet friendly? No. Not People Friendly Either.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We reserved a room at this motel after reading it was pet friendly. We drove several hours to get to it. When we arrived, we'd interrupted the front desk clerk's gossip session with her friends who were gathered around a laptop computer in the lobby. The front desk clerk who said her name was "Charlotte" was rude to us the whole time. We told her we had 2 dogs and she said we couldn't stay there then because their policy is 1 dog per room. Also even though we booked a non-smoking room, we'd have to be put in a smoking room because we had dogs. Also we'd be able to stay there only if we'd be ok with leaving 1 of our dogs in the car as she suggested. So I guess if you want to stay in a place that claims to be pet friendly, then tries to turn your non-smoking reservation into smoking if you have dogs and also encourages you to leave a dog in a hot car if you have more than 1, then this is the motel for you. The location isn't even good. The motel judging from the lobby and the attitude of the employees is nothing fancy and definitely nothing classy. It's a half star motel at best at a 3 star motel price. If you want to stay at a friendly decent motel that actually cares about customer service go a bit further down the highway to the Red Roof Inn in West Monroe, LA. where pets stay free AND are treated as well as the people are.

Room Tip: Stay at the Red Roof Inn in West Monroe, LA. instead
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
spatel5890, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Monroe, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
We are very sorry for any misunderstanding our pet policy may have caused, however, it does show on all websites that only one pet is allowed per guest room.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Forest
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I would stay in your facility again, in fact I plan too. It is in a great location to everything I need. The complimentary breakfast was very nice and the room had all of the essentials. The lady at the front desk was very nice and helpful with directions to places we wanted to visit. The only complaint I have is that the room seemed a little dark and dingy, which somehow made it seem unclean. If I were running a motel I would have tile or wood look flooring, easier to clean. Carpeting is full of germs and is terrible for people with allergies. Just a thought.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Monroe
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I was at this hotel about a month prior to this stay, and the room was much better. This time I wanted a nonsmoking room with a queen size bed, but only king available in nonsmoking. This room seemed smaller than the queen I stayed in last time. The TV was off center from the bed and difficult to see, there was a cigarette hole burn in the bedspread, the room was dusty and didn't appear to have been stayed in recently, the coffee pot handle was broken, and the AC didn't get very cold. Several times I tried to call the desk and got no answer. All this would have been tolerable, except I stayed 3 nights, and realized when I got home that I had left my robe hanging on the bathroom door hook. After a 3rd telephone call I finally talked to someone about it and was told that it was never found. I know for a fact that I left my robe on that hook. I probably won't stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Been to Days Inn Monroe? Share your experiences!