“Great hotel! Friendly staff, quiet location, clean rooms” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Monroe

Bossier City, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Some pros and some cons! Staff was very friendly and helpful. We booked a queen, non-smoking and when we arrived, there were none available on the lower level so the staff upgraded us to a king. The room was spacious and clean even though the carpet was very, very worn. The faucet handles in the bathtub/shower need to be removed and cleaned. They were filthy inside the clear handles. This is an easy task because I do it all the time at home. Some upgrades and maintenance would make this a pretty decent motel but I don't think the owners are concerned about having a nice place, just a place that they can keep a decent occupancy rate to folks who are not going to pay $100/nite plus! If you book this at a decent price, maybe through one of the discount ;motel sites, then you will probably be ok. The bed we had was pretty comfortable and we got a pretty good nights sleep even though the noise from I-20 and the "frontage" road was pretty loud. I don't think there is much insulation. You might rest better in one of the rooms in back away from traffic. The breakfast was danish, 2 generic cereals and bagels. We did McDonalds. I went to the lobby for coffee around 7 am and the coffee that I got from the caraffe was good but was only slightly warm. I had to heat it in the microwave. The microwave in the room did not work (rm 124), but the fridge kept our drinks cold. The heat/ac unit worked good and the fan noise helped drown out some of the traffic noise so we could rest. If you can afford it, book something nicer but if you are on a budget and bringing a pet, you can make do here. There are no extra plug in's except one near the sink. That's where we had to charge our phones.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Staff was very friendly, courteous, and helpful. Room was a bit worn looking, but clean. Hair dryer did not work so I used my own but desk staff immediately alerted maintenance when I reported it before leaving. Not exactly what I expected in a Days Inn but nevertheless we had a good sleep and it was a low priced room for the night.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Also consider these accommodations in or near Monroe
Clarion Inn & Suites and Conference Center
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#5 of 15 in Monroe
4.0 of 5 stars 119 reviews

Been to Days Inn Monroe? Share your experiences!