“Great stay, great hotel!@” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$20 Daily Credit
Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Metairie
Birmingham
“Great stay, great hotel!@”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2010

My mom and I stayed here for 3 days and I must say I was very surprised. Check-in was a breeze and the hotel clerks were all friendly. The breakfast buffet was excellent with a wide variety of food to choose from. The beds were very comfortable. The location is excellent and so close to the shopping mall and restaurants. Plus, the lobby consisted of a very cozy enviroment that included a fireplace, free Internet, etc. I will definitely be going back to this hotel in the near future.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2009

Nice hotel, good location. Not the best Marriott I have stayed at but certainly not the worst either.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Palmdale, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2008

I stayed here since I was visiting my husband for work since he had to travel here for a month to be on location for a movie. The hotel was nice and clean. Very quiet which was nice. It's about a 15 minute drive to New Orleans, french quarter. There was lots of good food, and alcohol!! I would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2008

I don't know what condition this hotel was in before Katrina or right after. Today, it's sort of a hodge-podge.

The lobby is beautiful and the desk folks are friendly. There's a PC and printer free for use. But each time I walked through the lobby, I also got the impression that perhaps this hotel is being used to house those who lost their homes.

At first, the second floor room appeared as though this was a brand-new hotel, complete with modern furnishings. But upon closer inspection, you can see it's not. The AC/heat unit sat upon a rusted frame. The tub clearly had not been renovated, though it was certainly clean.

In all honesty, I don't really know what to make of this place. You want to give them the benefit of the doubt after all the folks there have been through. And there was nothing truly "bad." But it just gave off an unsettling vibe.

• Liked — Convenient location
  • Disliked — Unsettlling aura about the place
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Atlanta, GA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2007

I feel the need to post because I strongly disagree with the reviews posted. I found the place to be well equipped, ie internet, public computers with printing options, iron, blowdryer, etc, but in serious need of renovation. The paint in my room was peeling; the room smelled of musty, urine like odor; the carpet was stained and old; the curtains were stained; the air conditioning vent faced only the bed with no ability for adjustment so you freeze as you sleep through the night; and the furniture was all scratched up. The bed was reasonably comfortable but the state of the room made me want to keep my shoes on the whole time I was in the room. For $150/ night I expected more. A good deal at $100 but not for $150. I haven't stayed in Metairie in the past so I am unable to compare to other hotels in the area. I am hopeful that this hotel is not 'above average' as listed.

• Liked — Friendliness
  • Disliked — Conditions
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Brandon C, Manager at Courtyard New Orleans Metairie, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property and letting everyone know how your stay was while visiting the city. I hope that the next time you are down in the BIG EASY you can come and relax in one of our newly renovated rooms. Thank you again for your time and opinion it really does make a difference for us to see what our customers are feeling. So, come back and let us know what you think of the new room.
Jacksonville FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2006

My boyfriend and I stayed there for a weekend trip. Since I was concerned about New Orleans we chose to stay here.
We booked though the hotels website and got a room that included the breakfast buffet.
The hotel was clean on the outside and inside. Great location and I felt very safe. Check in was easy. The room was bright and clean with the best bed I've ever slept in (didn't want to go out and sight see, it was so comfortable).Bathroom was a fair size. Limited TV stations.
The lobby had free internet and a big screen.
The buffet was amazing. Everything was freshly made.
I didn't use the fitness rooms or pool area but did take a peek and they seemed fine.
The staff was very friendly and everyone had a smile and answered any questions.
Overall this was a great hotel and I would go back in a minute and we will stay here the next time we go.

• Liked — The bed, food and people.
  • Disliked — For the area, the price was a little high.
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2006

We were in New Orleans for our daughters wedding and enjoyed the entire 5 night stay at the Courtyard Metairie. From the moment we checked in, we felt welcome and at home. As usual, the upcoming wedding required some special requests and all the staff took care of our every need. Consuela went out of her way to assist our requests at the Front Desk, with a smile and a warm attitude. With all the damage and disorganization in New Orleans from Katrina, this hotel put on an impressive show. The rooms were clean and the beds were great. We relaxed and enjoyed the wedding thanks to all the folks at the Courtyard. We'll be back!

• Stayed June 2006

Been to Courtyard New Orleans Metairie? Share your experiences!