“Friendly, easy, convenient, and clean” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$20 Daily Credit
Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Metairie
Ocean Springs, Mississippi
“Friendly, easy, convenient, and clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

In "the big easy" few things are as easy as this hotel. With free parking, free wi-fi, refrigerators in the rooms, crisp renovations, and comfortable beds, this hotel is a big easy "Yes". Easy to find, convenient to major intersections and the airport, minutes from downtown and the Quarter…skip the high parking fees and enormous room fees….rest in a safe quiet and clean hotel. There is a mini Starbucks downstairs that I swear charged us too little for all we ordered, and Paul Mitchell products in the bathroom…Great rates, friendly travelers and staff, and the aforementioned all make this an easy choice in a busy city.

Room Tip: This hotel is located behind the Galleria, and down the block from the Residence Inn, and the Sherat...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
RaeesHarrisMarriott, Manager at Courtyard New Orleans Metairie, responded to this review, December 8, 2013
I was elated to read of your recent experience here at Courtyard New Orleans Metairie . As your delight and satisfaction are our mission, it was our pleasure to help make your New Orleans visit memorable. I kindly thank you for your thoughtful recognition of my team , our newly renovated hotel and for your time in writing this wonderful review. We truly value your insight and highly look forward to providing you with another memorable stay soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Waterloo, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

We just stayed here for a night recently on a trip to New Orleans. We only stayed one night as we wanted to be downtown, but this hotel was nice. Newly renovated rooms. Clean. Quiet. Walking distance to Chef Rons. Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Michelle D, Manager at Courtyard New Orleans Metairie, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Thank you so much for the positive review! We are so happy you enjoyed the newly renovated rooms and the great, consistent, customer service of the Courtyard New Orleans Metairie. We look forward to having you back!
Trabuco Canyon, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I was nicely surprised by the hotel, how spacious the room was, the pleasant courtyard adjacent to the pool & Jacuzzi and the workspace area off the lobby. The computers and printers area available for use, the large flat screen tv has comfortable seating around it with lots of natural light. There is also a café with breakfast and then dinner options if you don't want to go out. Although the food is priced at the hotel level, I felt the accommodation was a very good value. Make sure you know how to get here. Galleria dead ends and you have to turn at the "T". It was very dark when I arrived so I got a bit turned around. Try to eat at Ron's Gumbo Stop on Causeway while you're here.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the favorable review! We are very proud of our newly renovated rooms and beautiful, relaxing outdoor public spaces. We are so enthused you enjoyed all the hotel amenities we have to offer. We look forward to hosting you next time you’re in Metairie.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Lobby and breakfast area very nicely decorated and clean. The pool was emptied due to the improvements being made. Staff is friendly and rooms are quite spacious. Renovations are occurring by section each week but should be done soon. Location is great too, as it is just off Hwy 10 which takes you right to the city.

Room Tip: We were given the handicap accessible room as that was the only one available when we checked in ear...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the review! The renovation is completely done and we would love to have you back to show off everything in working order to make your stay perfect.
Denton, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Stayed here to teach a mid-size conference in the hotel. I understand that construction/renovations must happen from time to time, but trying to teach over the sound of the machinery was impossible even with the sound system. When you've had the Meeting Rooms booked for several months, this should NOT happen. The staff did not seem to understand why this was a problem and were frustrated that I was not more understanding of their renovation schedule. Also the screen was far too small for a room of 40 people to be able to see. I usually try to rest during lunch in my room in between speaking but the noise was so loud that this was hopeless. In fact, by the second day of teaching I had a killer headache. There were also cleanliness issues. There was a glass bottle full of cigarette butts on my balcony when I checked in to the room and mildew on the shower curtain liner. (Didn't see that until mid-shower -ick!). The carpet stains, dents/holes/scuff marks on the walls, missing faceplates on the tub grab bars (leaving rust and goopy caulk exposed), missing buttons on the phone and so forth, I imagine will be fixed in the renovation. Unfortunately, the poor staff responsiveness and cleanliness issues are unrelated to the current construction work. I couldn't go to a different hotel during this trip because I was teaching there. But you can bet, I won't go back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Brandon C, Manager at Courtyard New Orleans Metairie, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
On behalf of the entire team at the Courtyard by Marriott Metairie, I would like to apologize for your experience during your stay last week. We strive to provide an enjoyable experience and do value your business as a customer. Please rest assured that we have addressed your concerns and do appreciate your feedback. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and hope you do decide to return. I can guarantee that the room issues you faced will be rectified with the renovations that we are excited to get completed in the next couple of months. Again thank you for staying with us and using marriott for your meeting.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

They are apparently remodeling this property. When I arrived this week, I saw 2 cranes out front with workers painting the building. I was given my room but when I went in it, all I could hear was drilling somewhere above me. I went to the front desk and got another room. ( desk clerk apologized as he did not know why they still would be drilling ). The next room was quieter however, when I opened the curtains, a worker was on my balcony painting. The pool area appeared to be closed due to the construction. I would have not booked this hotel if I knew construction was taking place and frankly, the staff was not apologetic at all about it. There are plenty of other hotels nearby. Call them first before you book to see if the construction is completed.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
On behalf of the entire team at the Courtyard by Marriott Metairie, I would like to apologize for your experience during your stay last week. We strive to provide an enjoyable experience and do value your business as a customer. Please rest assured that we have addressed your concerns and do appreciate your feedback. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and hope you do decide to return. The construction is set to be completed by the end of September, but the noise will be done before that date. Again sorry for the experience you faced while staying with us and hope to see you again with our new rooms completed, which we are excited to have for our guests to enjoy.
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Truly enjoyed our stay at this hotel. Love staying out in this area because it's very close to the French Quarter and there's everything in this area (the mall, restaurants, etc)

This hotel was very nice, looks like it had been renovated. The staff was EXCELLENT!!!

Only thing that I noticed that was wrong was a stain on the carpet in our room (room 420), but not enough to bother us.

I actually like this hotel better than the Marriott Lakeway, down the road!! :) I will be staying here again!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property and letting everyone know how your stay was while visiting the city. I hope that the next time you are down in the BIG EASY you can come and relax in one of our newly renovated rooms. Thank you again for your time and opinion it really does make a difference for us to see what our customers are feeling. So, come back and let us know what you think of the new room.

Been to Courtyard New Orleans Metairie? Share your experiences!