“Convenient to New Orleans” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #5 of 21 hotels in Metairie
Ashburn, Virginia
“Convenient to New Orleans”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We've stayed at this property several times while in New Orleans for fun and family business. We stayed here most recently during Mardi Gras 2013 weekend. We arrived around 2100 and there was no one at the front desk when I entered. After waiting a few minutes, someone came out from the back. She was friendly, recognized my Platinum Premier status, and offered me my Platinum arrival gift. She also let me know I had breakfast included in my rate, something I didn't realize!

The hotel is one of the "updated" Courtyard properties. We were on the top (sixth) floor, near the stairwell. If we had been on a lower floor I would have been concerned about noise from the stairwell door, but figured not many people would be using the stairs! Even though it was Mardi Gras weekend, we didn't hear other guests. I also did not hear any traffic noise. The room was the standard Courtyard room, however it was a tight fit to get around the foot of the bed on one side as the sofa was about a foot away. There was a mini-fridge (it's "hidden" in the dresser), coffee maker, hair dryer, desk, etc. in the room. There is free WiFi, and we had no issues with the speed. An in-room safe would be nice!

The first morning I stopped at the front desk and asked for some feather pillows and when we returned later in the day they were in the room. We ended up not having housekeeping after our second night there - We had been gone all day and when we returned late in the afternoon we were tired and didn't want to leave the room for cleaning. When the housekeeper knocked on the door I asked for some washcloths and she cheerfully gave us some fresh ones. All I wanted for breakfast was some juice and a piece of fruit. The first morning the person working in the cafe apologized that they had not received their shipment and let me get a second juice instead. The next morning a different person was working in the cafe and when I asked if I could get a second juice instead of food, I was told that was not possible. We checked out early on Sunday morning, and when I asked at the front desk I was told the cafe would open at 0700.

There was an ice machine, but no vending machines, on our floor. The lobby has one of the touch screen monitors, as is standard in the updated Courtyards. You can get information on restaurants, etc. The area where the property is located is mostly hotels and office buildings. There are a couple of restaurants that you could walk to, but for most you would need a car, or taxi. Many times when we were either returning to the hotel or leaving, there was a taxi out front.

I received my bill under the door, and it was correct, so check-out went quickly. This location is convenient for going to the parades in Metairie. Since the property is just off Causeway Boulevard, we would take Causeway up to Lakeside Shopping Center and park there for the parade. It's not too far of a drive from New Orleans, and less expensive than staying in the city, and you don't pay for parking. I'm sure we'll be back!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

94 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

The man at the front desk during check in was rude at best. However, his co-worker that was helping other guests seemed helpful and was very friendly. A different front desk person during check out the next morning wasn't much better. The king room was average size, no fridge or microwave. The bed was very comfortable with good linens but had the "hotel linen" smell. Bathroom seemed clean except for left over hair on floor and in tub. Felt it was over priced for the quality of the room.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

This Is a great hotel for business. All of the staff were friendly and eager to help. The hotel was very clean. The only problem I had was the electrical outlets in the room. Some of the plugs new ti replace,

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Brandon C, Manager at Courtyard New Orleans Metairie, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how you felt with your stay. I am so glad that your stay with us was enjoyable. We will adress the the outlet situation in the room from your response. Again thank you for your feedback and hope to see you here again soon.
Westminster, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

First the things to know

This location has no walking distance restaurants nearby. The in house food is for sale only during breakfast and evening meals. The location is off the freeway and has some highway noise associated.

Second, why I like this place.

It is between the airport and French Quarter right off of easy freeway access. It is a solid hotel that is clean and comfortable. For a last minute business trip at New Year's it was available and priced within budget.

The staff was nice, friendly and efficient. I liked the cleaning staff making the room up quickly while we were out for lunch. I had a don not disturb on door while staff was cleaning other rooms and took it off while I made quick lunch run. I did not expect to return to room made up when I returned. Nice job housekeeping.

Simply this is a good solid hotel

• Stayed December 2012
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Second time staying here and this is my second review raving about the service and the value. I'm sure this is where I'll be staying on my next visit! The staff was great. The location is pretty good, not far from most things. The area is being revamped to include more places to visit, eat, and shop. Will definitely go back and suggest this to folks that I know that may be visitng the NOLA area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Bossier City, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Near I-10 off Causeway so convenient location for Metairie restaurants. Clean room. Bed was quite firm. There was a buzzing sound in our room but got with front desk and it was something to do with an outside A/C unit that only controlled the common areas (hallways) and he shut it off since it was cool anyway. Huge relief to us but great that he took our issue seriously and got it resolved for us. Entryway into the room is narrow if you're trying to bring in the bellman's cart but no big deal. Flat screen TV in room OK but not as big as other hotel rooms. Nice chair and ottoman for reading. Staff very friendly.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Great place to stay when visiting family in the Big Easy. Rooms are well maintained and the staff is always helpful. Stayed the week of Thanksgiving and although there was a Saints/49'er game that weekend, the hotel was quiet. Parking was not an issue either. Love the free wi-fi. Will return again and again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Courtyard New Orleans Metairie? Share your experiences!