“Great Place” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 21 hotels in Metairie
Weidman, Michigan
“Great Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

The staff is helpful, The place is super clean and they have a great breakfast Bar. Rooms are clean. Great place. I recommend staying here.
the place is close to the New Orleans down town and its easy to get on and off the roads here.

Room Tip: all rooms are great
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

95 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Mandeville, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Hotel was great... super check in clerk. She was so attentive and made us feel welcome. Lots of good information about what to do and more importantly what to eat. Entire staff went our of their way to make sure we were comfortable. Love the breakfast staff... all smiles! We definitely go back!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Metairie, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Was booked here by my company. Have stayed in many Marriott properties. Read the reviews about dirty rooms, so called and asked if this would be an issue. Assured it would not. Wrong! lots of mold in bathtub, stains around toilet, stains on bathroom walls, stained carpet, wadded up bedding, filthy light switch plates, paint peeling off walls. Most uncomfortable bed ever. Rolled off all night! Food from Bistro inedlble. No free breakfast. Staff very friendly though!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

Well I just checked in but I can already review this Courtyard easily. Beautiful contemporary lobby with plush seating and friendly service sets the bar high. The industrial elevators were a surprise but still, maybe just a modern touch. No such luck. Either the 5th floor missed the remodel or all the money went downstairs. 100 thread count sheets. A mini fridge (that I had to request) that looks like it got beat up in a frat house (and sounds like it too). A room next to the ice machine when that's the only preference I did specify on my reservation (I like my sleep!). A bathroom out of 1980 and the carpet... I'm not taking my shoes off in here. Move your reservation next door to the Residence Inn... Or better yet, the Hilton.

• Stayed August 2012
Panama City Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

I stayed at Courtyard Metairie for 2 nights during a business trip to New Orleans this past week, it was more or less what I expected of a Marriott. The front desk was very helpful and friendly, checking in was very smooth. The cafe at the lobby is pretty decent, though I'm more used to a buffet style cafe at most other Marriotts but this one you can order food from yogurt and bagel to eggs and bacon, the price is decent too. The room was a bit of a let down. First I like the free internet all rooms are equipped with, the TV was nice and the bathroom was clean, the let down is first the bed is a bit soft, I'm used to a firm bed so this wasn't really up my alley; secondly there wasn't fridge in the room, not expecting a full sized one but not even one to hold some drinks; the door to the bathroom doesn't open all the way, somewhere around 80 degree opened it catches the floor tile and gets stuck; lastly my room was on the 3rd floor facing the back and that wasn't a good location, my room was right above the pool and I don't know if there is a "closing" time for the pool, but the two nights I was there there were kids in the pool yelling/screaming/splashing till midnight and that was really hard for me to get some rest before having to get up at 6 the next morning for work.
Overall it was an OKAY experience for me, I was only there for 2 nights and it wasn't too bad. If I was ever in New Orleans I can see myself staying there again but this time I would ask for a room at a different location.

Room Tip: Don't get a room on the south side facing the back, else you will hear the noise from the pool a...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Mobile, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

First I will say that the staff was very friendly at check in. The location is very convenient to I10 and very easy to locate. Overall the property was clean and the area appeared to be safe. Now to the room, it was a two bed room with a small bathroom. We did enjoy the free wifi and the desk area was great for playing or finishing up some work. Now the bed is the most uncomfortable bed I have ever slept in. If you are given room 614, ask for another room. I really can’t imagine that all the beds are this bad. Other then the bed this is your average hotel for the area, but the pricing appears to be higher for some reason. I would weigh my options.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

The front desk was very friendly and helpful upon check-in. The small cafe in the lobby area also provided friendly service. The menu itself was nothing special. The room was disappointing, particularly in light of the relatively high price paid. The bed was the biggest drawback, as it was too soft to be comfortable and made for a difficult night sleep. The friendly staff helped keep the review from being even lower.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard New Orleans Metairie? Share your experiences!