“Don't stay here” 1 of 5 stars

Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #14 of 21 Hotels in Metairie
“Don't stay here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Room smelled horrible and it was dirty.Towels old and dirty. Hotwire.com compared the place to Comfort Inn, I have stayed at Comfort Inn and there's a huge difference between the two. Breakfast was mini muffins and that's it. Horrible place. Never staying there again.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2015

Stayed here one night last Friday after flying in from UK for family event next day. Just needed a place to sleep really after long day of travel but I was shocked at the overall prices of the hotels in Metairie/Kenner area. This hotel had decent reviews so I forked out £92 (GBP) for the room - supposedly a bargain on lastminute.com and marked down from £116 - accepting that all hotel rooms in New Orleans are expensive (by the way I'm a N.O. ex-pat who has been living in the UK for 20 years, so am still a frequent traveller to the area, although usually to the French Quarter/Garden District area).

So...what a dump this room was!! The room had 2 very small double beds, a kitchenette and bathroom. It was dirty, full-stop: sticky stain on kitchen counter; dirt/gravel on kitchen floor pushed up against the walls (see photos); microwave was stained and greasy and smelled like old popcorn.

The smoke alarm was hanging rather attractively from the ceiling - although still attached who knows if it was working. The ironing board that we needed to iron clothes on the next morning we discovered had a huge gash in the cover. How long had it been like that?? When we rang reception for another one, it arrived with a broken stand so husband had to wedge it under the kitchen counter to keep it from collapsing!

Lastly the "grab and go" breakfast next morning was terrible: vending-machine quality wrapped muffins (who knows how many chemicals to be found inside), bad coffee with chemical fake powdered creamer (no milk/real cream whatsoever), a dried out orange and a few cereal bars, the last 3 of which we managed to grab (note, although our breakfast was "grabbed" at 6:45AM we were lucky to get the last few bits out, although it was later re-stocked when we checked out at 8AM, we noticed).

The only reason I've not given the hotel 1 star is due to the friendly staff, especially the receptionist who was on duty late when we arrived (9pm) and there again in the morning when we left. She was helpful and polite and seemed genuinely disappointed that we weren't happy with our stay.

This chain should do some serious investment in this hotel location if they are expecting people to pay $150 for such a dump of a room. We could have found a much nicer and more importantly cleaner room in the French Quarter/Garden District if we had the driving time to spare, I'm quite sure. Never again!

Room Tip: (I don't think there are any good rooms!!)
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
St. Petersburg, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2015

the price was right for a work stay, rooms are fine with kitchenette, towels are very rough.overall a good stay.staff was pleasant and made for a comfortable stay. plenty to do around the area from shopping to some very good restaraunts available to please most people.

Room Tip: all the rooms are basically the same.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - New Orleans - Metairie, responded to this review, March 19, 2015
The staff and I appreciate your positive remarks. We also appreciate you letting us know about the discomfort with your towels. We are sorry for this issue, but are happy to read that we provided you with a great stay overall. Thank you again for your review. It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future.
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2015

My wife & I had a very nice stay @ Extended Stay America for the week-end. A fridge & microwave I expected, but the kitchenette I did not. We didn't cook in the room but we could have. Everything was clean, all personal were nice & attentive. Single queen was comfortable. A/C & heat worked fine. Asked the desk to recommend a place to eat, suggested Cajun Grill & Bar next door. We arrived on a Saturday after 6, so we tried it. It's a dive, but were definitely impressed with the food. All you can eat catfish platter between 5-7. Overall, very happy with the room & food next door!

Room Tip: We used Captain Kirk to get this room for a deal...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - New Orleans - Metairie, responded to this review, February 23, 2015
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I am glad to read that you were pleased with your stay at Extended Stay Metairie. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.
Pensacola, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2015

....and stay elsewhere. I'm not hard to please and the smiles and pleasantness of those at the front desk, while welcomed, was about all the pleasantness one will get at this hotel.
Upon checking in, I was told my request made weeks prior, was just that, a request. It wasn't honored although the front desk did try to find something close to my request.
Beware of the smoke as others have mentioned. Although a non-smoking room was to be had, getting there required going through a hallway that reeked of smoke. Apparently this is the "smoking zone". In fact, upon entering the hotel, I smelled an odor that I just couldn't put my finger upon.
Bed linens were not changed nor offered during the three night stay. No one comes to your room to empty trash or straighten up a bit. The tissue box in the bathroom had one tissue. Who cleans a room and leaves a tissue box with one tissue and not leave another box? Never were clean, fresh towels or facecloths put in the room.
While the "grab and go" breakfast seems a bonus, it appears many of the clientele of this hotel are familiar with the grab and go technique. In fact, too many appear to use the grab and go method as a livelihood. Just creepy.
For the cost of a three night stay, you can find much better and for a bit more, a lot better.
Pass on this one. You won't regret it.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - New Orleans - Metairie, responded to this review, January 27, 2015
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. Please accept our most sincere apologies for your unpleasant stay with us. I am sorry to read that your in-room amenities and our housekeeping service did not meet your expectations. As an extended stay hotel, we offer one housekeeping service per week for guests staying over seven nights. However, we do have daily housekeeping available upon request for a small fee. As well, you can bring your towels and wash cloths down to the front desk to exchange at any time. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will continue to coach on communications at check-in about our amenities available upon request. As well, I am sorry that you experienced a smoke odor in the hallways. We are now a non-smoking property and will charge a fee of $250.00 for breaking this rule. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. I invite you to contact me, at nom@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Mathis, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2014

Our room looked good but when we first walked in it smelled like under arm odor. Hallway smelled like cigarettes even tho it says no smoking. We are smokers but why are we not allowed to smoke if hallway smells like cigs. Kitchen is nice with full size frig. Staff was nice. Towels are very rough and they only clean your room once a week. So we cleaned our own room for 3 days. If you want clean towels you have to go get them yourself downstairs. We paid a lot of $$ but no service. Beds are comfy but will not stay here again. Too expensive. Free good wifi.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Jackson, Mississippi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2014

I usually don't complain but this hotel. Bed and Bath are not too clean. the rest of the room looked scraggily. And the front desk are rude and they didn't clean the room all time we were there. the smoke smell everywhere, if you are not smoking person don't go there, I will never stay at this place again

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - New Orleans - Metairie, responded to this review, November 24, 2014
I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I apologize for the cleanliness and odor issues you encountered during your stay with us. I will be meeting with our housekeeping staff to review our cleaning standards and procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a better stay in the future.

Been to Extended Stay America - New Orleans - Metairie? Share your experiences!