“Great hotel with even better service!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn New Orleans Veterans / Metairie
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5900 Veterans Memorial Blvd, Metairie, LA 70003-1738   |
Ranked #11 of 21 Hotels in Metairie
Gonzales, Louisiana
“Great hotel with even better service!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Hands down we received the best service ever at our stay this weekend. They did everything in their power to make or stay enjoyable. This is a older hotel but the room have all been remodeled and include a mini frig. and microwave. Our stay was on a busy weekend so paid more than normal but were very happy with our hotel choice. Dora at the front desk was a delight.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

This was the second time staying here. Great location, friendly staff, beds are very comfortable, clean room. With one exception.. The comforter had pizza sauce stains on it. They need to be more cautious of cleaning those. Overall, we will definitely be back. Very friendly and safe atmosphere.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

First let me say I have stayed at La Quinta hotels in multiple cities which is the reason why I neglected to check any reviews prior to my stay.

In general La Quinta has always been my go to affordable place to stay. It's fair to say they are not my first choice but almost always my strong 2nd due to locations, amenities and affordability.

In this stay let me say first off service was good, rooms were of average cleanliness (I have seen cleaner and dirtier). So those are not my issue here..

But the rooms (OMG) they have to be the smallest rooms I have ever seen....
We had a non smoking two bed with 4 people staying (My wife, my 2 daughters and myself) and we were utterly on top of each other. There is no single place where 2 people can occupy even nearby space without annoyance, its that tight.
Its not just the rooms, the entire hotel is insanely cramped...

Next several of the outlets did not work on the wall and on the desk making work more work.

Lastly I had requested prior to my check-in (several weeks) and during my check-in for a small fridge which they do have as I was told by the reservation person. The frideg was never made available to me even after multiple requests. Although this is not a deal killer it did bother me as I made a specific request weeks prior.

In all this was with out a doubt one of the worst hotel experiences I have ever had with La Quinta as well as in general as far as hotel stays and that says a lot as I am easy to please.

Because of my position I will be regularly traveling so I had just joined the La Quinta travel program but now I fear even reserving my trip with them may not be the best option.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

The check-in and check -out were handled very professionally and pleasantly. The staff was very polite and accommodating to needs. The room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. a restaurant is just adjacent to the hotel and is only a few steps away from the front lobby door. The interstate is very close in proximity and the hotel can be seen from the exit ramp. The bathroom is on the small side, but it was very clean with plenty of hot water and good water pressure. The flat screen TV worked well with enough channels to keep you occupied. I would stay at this hotel again when in the area.

Leesville, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Stayed here on business for one night on March 18. It is right off of I-10 and very easy to find. The person that checked me in was courteous and efficient and was in my room within a few minutes.

I had a room in the back by the pool and right next to the Interstate but it was surprisingly quiet in the room. The room itself was very clean as were the vanity area and bathroom. My only minor complaint was the room did not have that fresh clean smell when I opened the door (it had a stale smell). Now granted it was a smoking room but having worked for Marriott, I know there are ways to make the room smell fresh.

I did have one slight problem in the morning when I went to use the bathroom and the toilet, tub and floor were covered with water from a leaking vent in the ceiling.

Overall nice stay and I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to La Quinta Inn New Orleans Veterans / Metairie? Share your experiences!