“Pretty good stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 21 Hotels in Metairie
Leesville, Louisiana
“Pretty good stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Stayed here on business for one night on March 18. It is right off of I-10 and very easy to find. The person that checked me in was courteous and efficient and was in my room within a few minutes.

I had a room in the back by the pool and right next to the Interstate but it was surprisingly quiet in the room. The room itself was very clean as were the vanity area and bathroom. My only minor complaint was the room did not have that fresh clean smell when I opened the door (it had a stale smell). Now granted it was a smoking room but having worked for Marriott, I know there are ways to make the room smell fresh.

I did have one slight problem in the morning when I went to use the bathroom and the toilet, tub and floor were covered with water from a leaking vent in the ceiling.

Overall nice stay and I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

My husband and I came to LA for our tenth wedding anniversary. We have stayed in Metaire before but not at Laquinta. The room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. The staff was very polite and knowledgeable.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

We were in town for my daughter's wedding this past weekend, and my first-time stay at the LaQuinta added to that wonderful experience. The outside of the hotel was attractive to the eye, and when I opened the door to my room, I was very pleasantly surprised. The room was very nice for the money and was very clean. The only con was that there was no microwave or mini fridge in the room, and the breakfast area in the lobby was too small and was always packed, so I never got to enjoy their free continental breakfast. I'll still stay there again though if I ever need a hotel in Metairie again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

This place is ok. The picture above is inaccurate by the way. The Inn is bright yellow and just off the highway by the airport. My room had: a loose lock, a broken phone and a broken light. They fixed two out of three of those things and offered to move me to another room. (They did not fix the phone). Instead I opted to stay in that room. I had already closely inspected the bed for bedbugs and was satisfied that there were none. There was a stain on the mattress which could have been hot chocolate (or something else). But I don't always inspect mattresses so I might find similar things in other hotels. The bed was ok, not firm, sagging slightly in the middle. The stairs and outside balcony had clumps of dirt and beverage stains. I am sure that the bathtub was not cleaned daily but a new washcloth and soaps were provided. I was in town for a convention and this was the closest I could get. It is 15 minutes from the French Quarter on the freeway. On the first night, I could not figure out how to close the curtains so no one could see inside. I had returned late and was tired. The two women at the desk- one was new- made me wait while they checked in a guest. When i finally got them to come upstairs, the experienced one made a point of telling me that I had not listened when she told me how to close the curtains. That was not reasonable or nice. Oh and my room key didn't work at first either so I had to clump down three flights with my baggage to get another. In fact writing this, I just downgraded it to two stars. There were some odd middle of the night disturbances but I tried to ignore them.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
L.A.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

recently stayed 3 nights at this property. could not find a room in French Quarter during Super Bowl weekend, so had to go to the subburb. This hotel is conviently located ajacent to the I-10 fwy off the Veterans exit. It is an average facility with average rooms and amenities. My card lock key would not work for 2 days and finally mgmt replaced the lock for me. The breakfast is so-so and not much selection. These negatives were greatly compounded for me because I was forced to pay an overly-excessive $400.00 per night stay for an upstairs 3rd floor room with all the freeway noise. Want a quiet room, try to grab a courtyard room for sure. Now, having posted the negatives, I can say with candor that the front desk staff were wonderful, caring people who went out of their way to be friendly and helpful so I give them a "9" rating. So all in all, I would not stay here again but prefer the French Quarter instead and pay a little bit more.

Room Tip: stay away from the rooms ajacent to the freeway and if you want a good breakfast there is a Denny...