“No Maid Service in The Travel Lodge!” 1 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Knights Inn Metairie to your Saves list
Knights Inn Metairie
Knights Inn Metairie
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   5733 Airline Drive, Metairie, LA 70003 (Formerly Travel Inn Plaza)   |
Ranked #18 of 21 hotels in Metairie
A TripAdvisor Member
“No Maid Service in The Travel Lodge!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2004

I loved New Orleans and had a great time there, however, we couldn't get to our hotel until the next day, so we had to find one for our first night. We ended up at the Travel Lodge in Metairie and it was a nightmare! We had taken a taxi into New Orleans and got back about 2:00 a.m. I went to turn down the covers on my bed and the sheets looked crumpled and slept in. OK, I thought I could turn the sheets inside out, but lo and behold, the bottom sheet had already been turned inside out!! Then I threw the covers back a little more and to my horror, there was hair in my bed! My sister checked her bed out and it also had hair in it. These beds had not been cleaned for at least two weeks, probably more. There was not only hair but dirt between the sheets. I am convinced that others had just turned the bottom sheet inside out instead of complaining. We also still had a used coffee bag in the coffee pot and we did not have a new bag for coffee in the morning. I was literally disgusted with this room. These bed were filthy!!! I have been searching for the site for the Travel Lodge because I feel they need to know what kind of people are representing them. This night manager (foreign) stood at my door at 3:00 in the morning and handed me clean sheets. I even had to make the beds myself! There was also a customer form filled out which had not been picked up, full of complaints, as well as our own. I do believe they do not have a maid service, they just come in and make beds and put in clean towels. This was the most otrocious hotel I have ever been in. I just feel like Travel Lodge needs to know. Thank You, a disgusted traveler, Rena J. Williams. PS: I will come back to New Orleans, but not Metairie! I hope this will get to the Travel Lodge main office.

19 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)

Been to Knights Inn Metairie? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Knights Inn Metairie

Address: 5733 Airline Drive, Metairie, LA 70003 (Formerly Travel Inn Plaza)
Location: United States > Louisiana > Metairie
Ranked #18 of 21 hotels in Metairie
Hotel Class:2 star — Knights Inn Metairie 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Wyndham, Priceline, Tingo, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Knights Inn Metairie reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Travel Inn Plaza Hotel Metairie
Travel Hotel Plaza

If you own or manage Knights Inn Metairie, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.