“What I was expecting” 3 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Knights Inn Metairie to your Saves list
Knights Inn Metairie
Knights Inn Metairie
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   5733 Airline Drive, Metairie, LA 70003 (Formerly Travel Inn Plaza)   |
Ranked #18 of 21 hotels in Metairie
Perth
“What I was expecting”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I stayed here for just one night in March. The rooms were quite big and were pretty much what you would expect for a 2 star hotel. At first I was worried about the location but it was OK, as there is a burger drive through next door and a Wynn Dixie 5 minutes walk west of the hotel. I didn't mind it because I was honestly expecting the worst, because of the reviews and the price.
The staff were also friendly.
The only real downside was the suspicious behavior that was happening there. I could hear people all night talking about drugs, but I just ignored it and minded my own business (and probably for the best).

Room Tip: OK, if only a short stay.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

19 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Port Richey, Fl
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

It's a budget hotel, and you get what you pay for. Unfortunately we paid too much, because we made last minute reservations at a very busy time. Pros: The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The room was very clean. Cons: The pool area needed work, and was not usable. Some updating is needed throughout the hotel, and the beds were very small. It's about 20 minutes from the French Quarter, and about the same from the Fairgrounds/Festival. The cab ride averaged $25 for 4 people one way.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
fun4oli
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I think this place serves just one purpose like for me when I cam in to New Orleans airport after midnight and looked for a (somewhat) cheap place to sleep and then go on the next morning. It is one of these pretty run down places where you don't want to step on the carpet with bare feet, in an isolated area somewhere by the train tracks and warehouses. I paid 70 bucks at Kayak, but next time I would spend a bit more money and use one of the nicer other chain hotels/motels.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
West Chester, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

This Knights Inn needs a LOT of repair and maintenance. The outside surfaces are in really bad condition and are falling apart. Too bad I can't rate this a zero. Room interior is better, but still is only "so-so". Take your valuables out of your car and into your room. Watch your step on the stairs, because of loose, broken, and missing stair treads.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Tallahassee, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Average hotel, stayed here 4 nights for business, nothing fancy but rooms were clean, reserved a smoking King room with a fridge & Micro. Front desk staff checked me in promptly and maid service came by every day. There was loud music playing at night but only lasted a couple of hours. They have a Sonics drive thru next door. Area does feel rough after dark but I had no problems. I would stay here again if back in the area.

Room Tip: Get a room near the back due to road noise.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

We booked this motel only to have a place to stay before departing on a Caribbean cruise. BIG mistake was to book the cruise just before Mardi Gras. This place was the only game in town. I had read other reviews and was not inclined to stay here and was searching on Hotels.com/Expedia.com and spoke with their representative, she Assured me that any property they use was safe/okay, etc. even when I expressed my concerns. With that in mind, and for just one night we thought it would be okay. Wrong. Even the taxi driver who dropped us off asked why we were staying there. We got to our room and it was acceptable overall, considering our circumstances. The scariest thing was that the door did NOT LOCK! The fold over latch did but that did not give us a warm fuzzy. We barricaded the door against the dresser as best we could with chairs and the ironing board. We were kept up most of the night by slamming doors, loud voices, and knocking on other doors, which somewhat abated after those people went in to Mardi Gras. We slept fitfully until they returned about 4 a.m. and we just waited until the morning arrived. When we went to check out, we encountered two other couples/families who had endured the same experience, the family of four being given a single bed for the four of them and their room was not even ready until well after midnight! We have felt more secure in border town hotels in Mexico than this place. And why on earth have doors right next to the window?
The staff were nice but this place was pretty scary.

Room Tip: Try a different motel.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Knights Inn Metairie? Share your experiences!