“This is a Knights Inn now...” 3 of 5 stars

Knights Inn Metairie
Save Saved
You added Knights Inn Metairie to your Saves list
Knights Inn Metairie
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   5733 Airline Drive, Metairie, LA 70003 (Formerly Travel Inn Plaza)   |
Ranked #18 of 21 Hotels in Metairie
Tallahassee, Florida
“This is a Knights Inn now...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Average hotel, stayed here 4 nights for business, nothing fancy but rooms were clean, reserved a smoking King room with a fridge & Micro. Front desk staff checked me in promptly and maid service came by every day. There was loud music playing at night but only lasted a couple of hours. They have a Sonics drive thru next door. Area does feel rough after dark but I had no problems. I would stay here again if back in the area.

Room Tip: Get a room near the back due to road noise.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

We booked this motel only to have a place to stay before departing on a Caribbean cruise. BIG mistake was to book the cruise just before Mardi Gras. This place was the only game in town. I had read other reviews and was not inclined to stay here and was searching on Hotels.com/Expedia.com and spoke with their representative, she Assured me that any property they use was safe/okay, etc. even when I expressed my concerns. With that in mind, and for just one night we thought it would be okay. Wrong. Even the taxi driver who dropped us off asked why we were staying there. We got to our room and it was acceptable overall, considering our circumstances. The scariest thing was that the door did NOT LOCK! The fold over latch did but that did not give us a warm fuzzy. We barricaded the door against the dresser as best we could with chairs and the ironing board. We were kept up most of the night by slamming doors, loud voices, and knocking on other doors, which somewhat abated after those people went in to Mardi Gras. We slept fitfully until they returned about 4 a.m. and we just waited until the morning arrived. When we went to check out, we encountered two other couples/families who had endured the same experience, the family of four being given a single bed for the four of them and their room was not even ready until well after midnight! We have felt more secure in border town hotels in Mexico than this place. And why on earth have doors right next to the window?
The staff were nice but this place was pretty scary.

Room Tip: Try a different motel.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Surrey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2009

Stayed here and other remarks above put me off stayed here before better this time going through major reconstruction was clean, yes few cigarette marks but this is why its so cheap without any frills not as bad as what others have before said, short drive from airport and down town.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2004

New Orleans was great. However, we arrived a day earlier then initially planned and had to find a place to stay for the night. What a mistake it was to stay at the Travelodge. Other lodgers were yelling very loudly from 4-6 am. The front desk would not take action to deal with the situation and NO ONE was able to sleep during that time. I feared for my family's safety.
Additionally, the bathrooom door and toilet barely worked. The carpet was disgusting. My 10 month old son was covered with a sooty grime after crawling around on the carpet for a few minutes. We had to hold him the entire time we were there. The room smelled badly even though it was a "non-smoking" room. I don't ask for much from a motel room, but this was the worst place I've stayed in the last five years.

A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2004

I loved New Orleans and had a great time there, however, we couldn't get to our hotel until the next day, so we had to find one for our first night. We ended up at the Travel Lodge in Metairie and it was a nightmare! We had taken a taxi into New Orleans and got back about 2:00 a.m. I went to turn down the covers on my bed and the sheets looked crumpled and slept in. OK, I thought I could turn the sheets inside out, but lo and behold, the bottom sheet had already been turned inside out!! Then I threw the covers back a little more and to my horror, there was hair in my bed! My sister checked her bed out and it also had hair in it. These beds had not been cleaned for at least two weeks, probably more. There was not only hair but dirt between the sheets. I am convinced that others had just turned the bottom sheet inside out instead of complaining. We also still had a used coffee bag in the coffee pot and we did not have a new bag for coffee in the morning. I was literally disgusted with this room. These bed were filthy!!! I have been searching for the site for the Travel Lodge because I feel they need to know what kind of people are representing them. This night manager (foreign) stood at my door at 3:00 in the morning and handed me clean sheets. I even had to make the beds myself! There was also a customer form filled out which had not been picked up, full of complaints, as well as our own. I do believe they do not have a maid service, they just come in and make beds and put in clean towels. This was the most otrocious hotel I have ever been in. I just feel like Travel Lodge needs to know. Thank You, a disgusted traveler, Rena J. Williams. PS: I will come back to New Orleans, but not Metairie! I hope this will get to the Travel Lodge main office.

Been to Knights Inn Metairie? Share your experiences!