“Family Reunion 14” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 21 Hotels in Metairie
Atlanta, Georgia
“Family Reunion 14”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Our family recently celebrated our family reunion there and it was a great choice. The rooms were clean, beds were very comfortable. The front desk staff, especially "Keia" was exceptional. All of the staff were very courteous which is common to find in the New Orleans area. The food for our banquet was very tasty.

A few of us ate breakfast in the restaurant which had pretty good food, although pricey and it had something for everyone. During our recent visit, it appeared to be short staffed though Dejannae did her best to keep up.

The only glitch to our stay was that the elevator got stuck twice with several family members inside. The 2nd time they had to be pulled from the elevator when it got stuck between floors. Quite a traumatic time since they were coming down from the 7th floor!

Overall, the hotel is a good place to stay, comfortable and fairly quiet. Great for business travelers and families.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
HIMetairie, Sales Coordinator at Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear Cas888

We appreciate you and your family for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Metairie. Hope that you had a great time and enjoyed your special event. However we do apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused you during your stay. Please come back and see us again.

Thanks, Holiday Inn Staff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

The best thing about this hotel is the location. It is close to Metairie (where we came to visit family), but also not far from the city (where we go to have fun!). Our room was nice. The beds were comfortable, and the decor was fairly modern. The bathrooms are tiny, however. You can tell by the old doors and ceiling that this is an older hotel that's been renovated several times. The check-in and check-out were quick and without complication. I appreciated that. Housekeeping seemed to pick our room to start their duties, because on both days we were there, they came knocking about 10a. However, they came back later to make sure everything was to our liking. Overall, for our purposes, the stay was great.

Room Tip: Try and park in front, the back seems shady.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
HIMetairie, Sales Coordinator at Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear Chas218

We thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Metairie. We also thank you for taking time out to grade us on our hospitality. Please do come and visit us again. Hope you enjoyed Essence Fest 2014.

Thanks, Holiday Inn Staff
Houston, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

There is nothing wrong with this property, but its in no way remarkable either. It is very apparant that the bones of the facility are old and are veneered over with an average level refit/remodel. The elevator for instance, has obvious rust and abuse defects visible. The carpets are in average condition.

I ordered some eggs to be prepared for pickup and, although there we NO patrons in the restaurant, the eggs were not ready on time and I had to wait for them which caused me to be late to a meeting.

There is NO help available for unloading bags or loading room carts, but maybe I should not expect this at a 3 star hotel.

Overall though, the staff was very nice. The ice machine on my floor (7th) was not working which was annoying because I had to go to another floor in my PJ's for ice.

In the end, a practical place but in no way outstanding or special.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear Brian M,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am glad to know that you found our staff very nice. However, I apologize if our carpets and hotel’s exterior did not meet your standards. Your comments will be forwarded to the ownership of the hotel to take into consideration for future upgrades. Thank you again for your review and we hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Charisse V.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Isola, MS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

My family and I decided at the very last minute to do a mini-staycation at a Holiday Inn. This one fit the bill. There is an outdoor pool, fitness center and restaurant on property. We had two rooms that adjoined. The hotel was clean, friendly and no noise came through any walls.

The trip was short and sweet and had everything we needed.

Room Tip: The handicap rooms are huge!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
HIMetairie, Sales Coordinator at Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear Christinelsola

We do appreciate you and your family staying with us on your mini staycation. we strive to make your stay as comfortable as possible. with everything at your finger tips you did not have to leave the property for nothing! please do come back again.

Thanks, Holiday Inn Metairie
Scotland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

I have stayed here a few times with work, the hotel is clean and staff are friendly. Some of the rooms are starting to look tired, the toilet door does hit the toilet bowl in some room! The service in the restaurant is on the slow side, the food is standard fare but fine for a couple of days. They have a shuttle bus which, if available, will drop you somewhere local if you want to go. Really a run of the mill hotel but a pretty safe bet if you want a hassle free stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
HIMetairie, Sales Coordinator at Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear Kickinaboot

We thank your for choosing to stay with us at the Holiday Inn Metairie Airjport. We hope that you will come back and visit us real soon. As we know there is always room for improvement and we strive to make those improvements on a daily basis. Making our guest happy is our goal each day!

Thanks, Holiday Inn Metairie Airport
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

Stayed here 3 nights. The rooms was clean and comfortabe. My wife loved the pillows. The front desk staff was friendly. Location was great if you are not looking to pay an arm and leg near the city center. Easy access from the freeway.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
HIMetairie, Sales Coordinator at Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Dear Travelbuddy81

We really appreciate you staying with us during your visit here in our city. I'm glad our staff was of great help to you. We hope that you visit us again in the future.

The Holiday Inn Metairie Airport
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

My stay here started out ok. I agree with another reviewer who mentioned how busy the hotel is. If you didn't show up early enough in the evening, the whole parking lot was filled. The hotel management were extremely curtious and made sure I had everything I needed during my visit. What threw me off about this hotel is what I'll call the pretzel incident. I arrived with an open bag of honey twist pretzel sticks which I left on the desk and didn't touch again until after I became aware of the pretzel incident. One night climbing into bed I found crumbs and an entire pretzel twist on the floor between my bed and the bedside table (I was so perplexed and grossed out that I took pictures and maybe I'll post those later). I was discussing this with a coworker the next day. He thought maybe there was a rat who had gotten into the bag, however, I wasn't so sure about his theory, as the rat had somehow rolled the bag back up after it was done. That is one tidy and smart rat. I'm also betting that rat was very hungry. I left the rat a new, closed bag of snack mix the day I checked out. My pretzels went in garbage.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
HIMetairie, sales coordinator at Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear Quinnlavin

We truly apologize for any inconvenience you experience here at the Holiday Inn. We appreciate your business and would like for you to visit us again!

Been to Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport? Share your experiences!