“Basic” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 21 Hotels in Metairie
Houston, Texas, United States
“Basic”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

There is nothing wrong with this property, but its in no way remarkable either. It is very apparant that the bones of the facility are old and are veneered over with an average level refit/remodel. The elevator for instance, has obvious rust and abuse defects visible. The carpets are in average condition.

I ordered some eggs to be prepared for pickup and, although there we NO patrons in the restaurant, the eggs were not ready on time and I had to wait for them which caused me to be late to a meeting.

There is NO help available for unloading bags or loading room carts, but maybe I should not expect this at a 3 star hotel.

Overall though, the staff was very nice. The ice machine on my floor (7th) was not working which was annoying because I had to go to another floor in my PJ's for ice.

In the end, a practical place but in no way outstanding or special.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear Brian M,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am glad to know that you found our staff very nice. However, I apologize if our carpets and hotel’s exterior did not meet your standards. Your comments will be forwarded to the ownership of the hotel to take into consideration for future upgrades. Thank you again for your review and we hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Charisse V.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Isola, MS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

My family and I decided at the very last minute to do a mini-staycation at a Holiday Inn. This one fit the bill. There is an outdoor pool, fitness center and restaurant on property. We had two rooms that adjoined. The hotel was clean, friendly and no noise came through any walls.

The trip was short and sweet and had everything we needed.

Room Tip: The handicap rooms are huge!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
HIMetairie, Sales Coordinator at Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear Christinelsola

We do appreciate you and your family staying with us on your mini staycation. we strive to make your stay as comfortable as possible. with everything at your finger tips you did not have to leave the property for nothing! please do come back again.

Thanks, Holiday Inn Metairie
Scotland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

I have stayed here a few times with work, the hotel is clean and staff are friendly. Some of the rooms are starting to look tired, the toilet door does hit the toilet bowl in some room! The service in the restaurant is on the slow side, the food is standard fare but fine for a couple of days. They have a shuttle bus which, if available, will drop you somewhere local if you want to go. Really a run of the mill hotel but a pretty safe bet if you want a hassle free stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
HIMetairie, Sales Coordinator at Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear Kickinaboot

We thank your for choosing to stay with us at the Holiday Inn Metairie Airjport. We hope that you will come back and visit us real soon. As we know there is always room for improvement and we strive to make those improvements on a daily basis. Making our guest happy is our goal each day!

Thanks, Holiday Inn Metairie Airport
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

Stayed here 3 nights. The rooms was clean and comfortabe. My wife loved the pillows. The front desk staff was friendly. Location was great if you are not looking to pay an arm and leg near the city center. Easy access from the freeway.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
HIMetairie, Sales Coordinator at Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Dear Travelbuddy81

We really appreciate you staying with us during your visit here in our city. I'm glad our staff was of great help to you. We hope that you visit us again in the future.

The Holiday Inn Metairie Airport
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

My stay here started out ok. I agree with another reviewer who mentioned how busy the hotel is. If you didn't show up early enough in the evening, the whole parking lot was filled. The hotel management were extremely curtious and made sure I had everything I needed during my visit. What threw me off about this hotel is what I'll call the pretzel incident. I arrived with an open bag of honey twist pretzel sticks which I left on the desk and didn't touch again until after I became aware of the pretzel incident. One night climbing into bed I found crumbs and an entire pretzel twist on the floor between my bed and the bedside table (I was so perplexed and grossed out that I took pictures and maybe I'll post those later). I was discussing this with a coworker the next day. He thought maybe there was a rat who had gotten into the bag, however, I wasn't so sure about his theory, as the rat had somehow rolled the bag back up after it was done. That is one tidy and smart rat. I'm also betting that rat was very hungry. I left the rat a new, closed bag of snack mix the day I checked out. My pretzels went in garbage.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
HIMetairie, sales coordinator at Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear Quinnlavin

We truly apologize for any inconvenience you experience here at the Holiday Inn. We appreciate your business and would like for you to visit us again!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

This was a busy hotel. People in and out constantly, plenty parking but fills up very quickly.
Front desk was accommodating and honored my "priority" status by giving me an earlier than normal check in. I was truly grateful. The restaurant food wasn't the greatest. The beds were comfortable but the shower was always backed up even though maintenance attempted to unclog the drain 2x. Management got involved and offered a day of refunded points for the inconvenience. Stayed 4 nights. Not really a stay to write home about. I didn't find any good restaurants in the area and had to drive 30 minutes to cracker barrel to find a decent breakfast. It was worth the trip compared to what I was getting in the area.

Room Tip: Less traffic higher up but I had the view of the parking lot.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
HIMetairie, General Manager at Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Dear geminilove,
Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out a review about your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry that your stay did not exceed your expectation of an exceptional stay. If you would like to contact me at the hotel, I would like to find out how I can make it up to you. Again, thank you for staying with us and for letting us know how we are doing. Have a great day.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

We have now used this hotel for their cruise package twice. Both times it was great and for the cost of a weeks worth of parking at the terminal this is a great deal...room with two drinks at the bar and free breakfast and transport to and from the cruise port...staff extremely friendly and provide great service and we highly recommend this goral for your trip to NOLA!

Stayed March 2014
Rick E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear Roger47993,
I am so happy that you decieded to come see us again and for letting us know how we are doing. I hope that you had a great trip and we hope to see you again. Have a great day.

Been to Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport? Share your experiences!