“I used my points” 3 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #7 of 21 Hotels in Metairie
“I used my points”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

This was a busy hotel. People in and out constantly, plenty parking but fills up very quickly.
Front desk was accommodating and honored my "priority" status by giving me an earlier than normal check in. I was truly grateful. The restaurant food wasn't the greatest. The beds were comfortable but the shower was always backed up even though maintenance attempted to unclog the drain 2x. Management got involved and offered a day of refunded points for the inconvenience. Stayed 4 nights. Not really a stay to write home about. I didn't find any good restaurants in the area and had to drive 30 minutes to cracker barrel to find a decent breakfast. It was worth the trip compared to what I was getting in the area.

Room Tip: Less traffic higher up but I had the view of the parking lot.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
HIMetairie, General Manager at Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Dear geminilove,
Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out a review about your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry that your stay did not exceed your expectation of an exceptional stay. If you would like to contact me at the hotel, I would like to find out how I can make it up to you. Again, thank you for staying with us and for letting us know how we are doing. Have a great day.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

We have now used this hotel for their cruise package twice. Both times it was great and for the cost of a weeks worth of parking at the terminal this is a great deal...room with two drinks at the bar and free breakfast and transport to and from the cruise port...staff extremely friendly and provide great service and we highly recommend this goral for your trip to NOLA!

Stayed March 2014
Rick E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear Roger47993,
I am so happy that you decieded to come see us again and for letting us know how we are doing. I hope that you had a great trip and we hope to see you again. Have a great day.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

My main complaint with this place is that the carpets in the rooms are filthy. Walk around the room barefoot, and then step into the shower and you will see dirty foot prints.

There is no parking for large vehicles as in buses. And this being a hotel booked by college athletic conferences, this is not good.

Breakfast is a bit pricey at $14.08 for the buffet and coffee. Have I told you what you can get for less than that at a Cracker Barrel? And the table legs were not level causing it to rock back and forth and constantly splash coffee from the cup and make a mess.

Next trip to this area, I think I'll go down the block to other hotels to stay.

• Stayed March 2014
Dear thgr8waldopepper,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I am so sorry that your carpet was not clean and that the parking situation was not accomodating. I have addressed these issues with my staff to ensure we do a better job of meeting our guests needs. Again, I am so sorry that we did not meet your expecations and hope that you will give us another chance in the very near future.
Memphis, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

We booked here bc everything else in town was booked. It is easy to find and you can get downtown quickly. Staff was nice but they failed to clean our room 2 days in a row. First day we just rolled w it but the second time we called the front desk. They remedied right away but we had to hang downstairs while they cleaned. The manager bought us 2 drinks and really tried to smooth it over. We were fine. Just seems weird. Room is small compared to newer built hotels but clean. Only issue is lack of lighting. The place is dark! Kids eat free!

Stayed March 2014
Dear MemCer,
Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. It appears there were a few issues with your stay and I wanted to personally apologize for the trouble. I hope that your next visit to the area will bring back to our hotel so we can prove to you that we really want to make all our guests stays a wonderful experience.
Arlington, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

First 2 rooms they sent us to were occupied. Try walking in on someone at 230am. Not cool. Place smells like smoke and mildew. If it wasn't 230 in the morning, we'd go somewhere else. Can't wait to check out in a few hours and find something else. Stay away!!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Katherinemichele1,
Wow, I am so sorry that you had to go through all this trouble just to get a room. If you don't mind, could you please give me a call at the hotel so that I can properly apologize for our mistakes. Thank you.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

I like the fact it was a surprisingly good hotel with clean rooms as well as a very helpful staff. It was close to everything as well. The only negative for the hotel was parking which was very difficult depending on the time of day.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear coolguy350,
Happy Mardi Gras! Thank you for staying with us and for letting us know how we are doing. I am so sorry for the parking situation, but hope that it did not defer from you having a good time. Again, thank you for being our guest and we hope to see you agiain next year.
St. Albert, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

Our family of five stayed one night in a double suite (two queen beds and a pullout couch in a separate room) pre-cruise. It is often difficult to find a hotel with one room that accommodates five people. The room was clean, large, small kitchenette... more than adequate! The hotel is an older building, but has been nicely upgraded.

We took the shuttle at the NOLA port the next day for $10 per person, all arranged by the hotel. Since we were a group of five, the pre-cruse stay package offered by the hotel was not economical for us, but you can still take the shuttle without booking the package. The shuttle was well worth it. It is only about a 15 minute ride and the streets by the port are very convoluted!

Our boat was delayed, so we had extra time in the morning. Maya at the front desk arranged for the hotel shuttle to take us to the shopping mall. She was so helpful!

Breakfast was not included with our room price at this hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
HIMetairie, General Manager at Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
capttap,
Thank you for reviewing you stay with us at the Holiday Inn Metairie. Your review is so thorough and will defietly help guests make the decision to utilize our Crusie Service.
THANK YOU for recognizing Maya; she is very appreciative to you. Please visit with us again.
-Rick Engel, General Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport? Share your experiences!