This was one of the few hotels that offered a free shuttle from the airport. We called when we landed and they were there in about 20 minutes. The driver made an unexplained detour to the mall and waited for a bit, then continued to the airport. We would have asked him why - but he didnt speak english. Once at the hotel the smell of mold/mildew smacks you in the face as soon as you walk in the door. At check in we were told the room we reserved wasnt available and that they were sold out. That wasnt going to work and after about 15 minutes she "found" a room. The elevator was filthy and once up on the floor the smell of mildew was even stronger. The room itself was very small and dark and, of course, stank. The bed was fine but the bathroom was very old. They have made some attempts at a remodel but there was no way I was getting in the shower. We stayed elsewhere the rest of the trip.
The sole saving grace of the place is the restaurant. While breakfast is not included it was reasonably priced for 2 people. The food was typical hotel breakfast, nothing special. Hotel loyalty members get 25% off.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport Hotel
- Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport Hotel Metairie
- Holiday Inn Metairie
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the hotel, complimentary fitness center, state-of-the-art business center, cozy outdoor pool, guest laundry facilities, game arcade, 32” HDTV and mini fridge in every room, full-service restaurant and bar, complimentary airport transportation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.