“Perfect for Cruise stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #9 of 21 hotels in Metairie
Nashville, Tennessee
“Perfect for Cruise stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We booked this hotel based on the fact they had a package deal that would allow us to park car there during cruise and shuttle service to and from cruise terminal for cruise. When we arrived we were very pleased with the facilities, staff etc. Restaurant located in bottom level of hotel had very good food and very reasonably priced as well. Extremely staff in restaurant and we ended up sitting for couple hours that night having drinks and talking with staff. Would recommend to anyone especially for those cruising out of New Orleans. Much better price than staying right downtown and very convient when leaving out after cruise as far as traffic.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
HIMetairie, General Manager at Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
JoeE,
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Metairie. Thank you for leaving such a detailed description of the cruise package; surely it will help other cruise guests make the same decision.
Thank you for recognizing our team and the restaurant, I am happy to pass along the pat on the back.
We hope you will visit with us again,
Rick Engel, General Manager

146 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

If you have to be in this area, it's a nice, clean hotel. The building itself is a bit dated, but has been nicely remodeled, so is fresh and new looking in most places. The entire staff is exceptionally friendly and helpful, even more so than at some much nicer places I've stayed; even the maintenance people were friendly and asked if we needed anything.
One tip is that it's hard to get in and out the front entrance at rush hour; use the rear driveway.

• Stayed September 2013
HIMetairie, General Manager at Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Madison W,
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Metairie.
I am happy to hear that our staff exceeded your expectations and were found friendly and helpful.
I hope that you will visit with us again.
_Rick Engel, General Manager
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is older but definitely well kept. My family stayed at this hotel while I had surgery and was hospitalized at East Jefferson General Hospital. The staff gave us a medical discount, faxed papers to my doctor's office, and let us check out a day early because I had been discharged from the hospital before expected! Overall, it was a great experience!

• Stayed June 2013
HIMetairie, Executive Assistant at Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Ashklay,
Thank you for reviewing your recent with us at the Holiday Inn Metairie.
While we regret you had to leave us a day early we are extremely happy it was due to your improved health.
Thank you for mentioning the kindness of the staff , you've given us the best compliment we hope to receive, "Home away from Home".

Please come visit with us again soon,
Correnne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Our Stay During My Wedding Weekend Was Divine. Great Group Rate, Clean Rooms And Friendly Staff. Two Thumbs Up. The Hotel is Located In A Great Area Close To Shopping, Restaurants And About 10 Mins From Downtown.

• Stayed August 2013
HIMetairie, Executive Assistant at Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
buttaluvrmsu,
Thank you for your 5 dot review of your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Metairie.
Congratulations are your nuptials, we wish a lifetime of happiness.
Thank you for recognizing the cleanliness of the rooms and the friendliness of the staff. I will be happy to share your comment.

We hope to see you again.
-Correnne
Hammond, LA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Booked this room with a buddy of mine, had a fantasy football draft in Metairie and knew I would not want to drive home after. Location is a little strange, have to make a U-turn if not going correct way. Once you get there, check in was a breeze, lady at the counter was super nice, as I walked to elevator, passed 3 workers working and they all said hello and were polite.

Room was on 9th floor, the hall way up there had an odd smell to it. Room was open and had 2 queen beds as requested. Bathroom was nice and typical, A/C was very cold, pillows were good and comfy. Fridge in the room didn't get THAT cold, but it was cold enough to make the Gatorade i left in there cold enough when I stumbled back at 4am!!

No worries staying here, its work the money (I paid $90 for the night). Not sure how often I will need to stay in Metairie, since I lived 25 min away. But if ever I need to, I'm sure I could easily stay here again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
HIMetairie, Executive Assistant at Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
David5131,
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Metairie.
Thank you for recognizing the staff and the comfort of the rooms, I will be happy to share your comment with the team.
Hope that you will have the opportunity to stay with us again.
-Correnne
Houston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

We stayed in a family suite ($170) but the room was very old, fixtures were old and the service was very average. I would not stay here again. Customer service is mixed bag and depends on whom you talk to. However, this place is close to Airport and Lake Pontchantrain. It has a great restaurant also.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
HIMetairie, Executive Assistant at Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
LathasLover,
Thank you for recent review of the Holiday Inn Metairie.
I am sorry to hear that you felt the level of Customer Service was hit or miss. We take pride that everyone receives 5 star Customer Service. I hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future.
Safe Travels,
Correnne
Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

This one certainly lives up to its reviews here. I find the staff friendly and courteous. The room is nice sized but the shape might be a little strange. The bathroom is tiny. There are actually rooms with a great view of Downtown New Orleans (in the distance).

The first impression of the room was not good. The smell of the room is not that great - probably because of the high humidity there and I was missing the alarm clock. The AC system is the older kind.

The elevator is sort of small and shallow but they work fine and I did not experience any long wait.

The TV has a lot of channels! There are plenty of plubs on the lamps. The desk is sort of on the small side, the chair could not be raised high enough and I wish there would be another piece of furniture to put things on.

The bed is super comfortable - just the right amount of fluffiness and firmness for me. Boy, I am going to miss it.

There is a gumbo restaurant (Ron's) next door and it is definitely a place to visit.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
HIMetairie, Executive Assistant at Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Want2GoHome,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Metairie. I am so happy to hear that your expectations were met. Thank you for the detailed comments, we can only get better with that knowledge.

We all hope that you will visit with us again soon.

- Correnne

Been to Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport? Share your experiences!