“Great one night stay!!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 21 hotels in Metairie
Hammond, LA
“Great one night stay!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Booked this room with a buddy of mine, had a fantasy football draft in Metairie and knew I would not want to drive home after. Location is a little strange, have to make a U-turn if not going correct way. Once you get there, check in was a breeze, lady at the counter was super nice, as I walked to elevator, passed 3 workers working and they all said hello and were polite.

Room was on 9th floor, the hall way up there had an odd smell to it. Room was open and had 2 queen beds as requested. Bathroom was nice and typical, A/C was very cold, pillows were good and comfy. Fridge in the room didn't get THAT cold, but it was cold enough to make the Gatorade i left in there cold enough when I stumbled back at 4am!!

No worries staying here, its work the money (I paid $90 for the night). Not sure how often I will need to stay in Metairie, since I lived 25 min away. But if ever I need to, I'm sure I could easily stay here again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
HIMetairie, Executive Assistant at Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
David5131,
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Metairie.
Thank you for recognizing the staff and the comfort of the rooms, I will be happy to share your comment with the team.
Hope that you will have the opportunity to stay with us again.

135 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Houston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

We stayed in a family suite ($170) but the room was very old, fixtures were old and the service was very average. I would not stay here again. Customer service is mixed bag and depends on whom you talk to. However, this place is close to Airport and Lake Pontchantrain. It has a great restaurant also.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
HIMetairie, Executive Assistant at Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
LathasLover,
Thank you for recent review of the Holiday Inn Metairie.
I am sorry to hear that you felt the level of Customer Service was hit or miss. We take pride that everyone receives 5 star Customer Service. I hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future.
Safe Travels,
Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

This one certainly lives up to its reviews here. I find the staff friendly and courteous. The room is nice sized but the shape might be a little strange. The bathroom is tiny. There are actually rooms with a great view of Downtown New Orleans (in the distance).

The first impression of the room was not good. The smell of the room is not that great - probably because of the high humidity there and I was missing the alarm clock. The AC system is the older kind.

The elevator is sort of small and shallow but they work fine and I did not experience any long wait.

The TV has a lot of channels! There are plenty of plubs on the lamps. The desk is sort of on the small side, the chair could not be raised high enough and I wish there would be another piece of furniture to put things on.

The bed is super comfortable - just the right amount of fluffiness and firmness for me. Boy, I am going to miss it.

There is a gumbo restaurant (Ron's) next door and it is definitely a place to visit.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
HIMetairie, Executive Assistant at Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Want2GoHome,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Metairie. I am so happy to hear that your expectations were met. Thank you for the detailed comments, we can only get better with that knowledge.

We all hope that you will visit with us again soon.

- Correnne
Fort Stewart
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I stay here every time that I visit my family in New Orleans and every time I drive to Texas since it is about half way from Georgia. Staff is very courteous and helpful. Rooms are clean, quite and comfortable. Convenient location; minutes from downtown and easy access to US 10. I will recommend this hotel to family and friends traveling thru the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Remar17,

Thank you for reviewing the Holiday Inn Metairie.
You gave us the best compliment we hope to receive, "all the comforts of home". Our guests' comfort and happiness are our achievements. Thank you for recognizing our staff, I am happy to share your comments with them.

Please come visit with us again soon,
Houston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

We were driving back to Houston from Pensacola, Fl and stopped for a day in NOLA. We've stayed at this hotel before as we passed through, but it wasn't a Holiday Inn then. It was late when we arrived, and we didn't have a reservation, but they had availability and were able to accommodate us. The check in was relatively easy, but the woman working at the desk was less than friendly. On the contrary, she was cold and unwelcoming. She never smiled and never gave me any indication that she appreciated our business or was happy we chose that hotel. I even tried to joke with her to lighten things up with no success.

The halls, as we went from the elevator to our room, were older and closed in. However, upon entering our room, we were most pleasantly surprised. The room was appointed in an updated and elegant manner for this price point. The beds were very comfortable. The bathroom was nice. There was a new, flat screen tv that was a good size (30" I think).

All in all, I can easily recommend this hotel for your visit to NOLA. The only draw back was the poor attitude of the employee at the reservations desk.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
StaceyB,

Thank you for visiting with us recently and taking time to review that stay.
I am most happy to hear that you found our rooms to be a "Nice Surprise", unfortunately the service you received leaves me most unhappy. Our guests are our number one priorities, and customer service is usually remarkable! Thank you for bringing your experience to our attention.
Hope you had safe travels, and will visit with us again.

LaFayette, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Hello, this past week my friends and I stayed at this hotel to attend Essence. This was a nice hotel it has a rest. and a outdoor pool. The parking lot,pool, elevator, and sitting area were all clean. The only things we didnt like were we requested a microwave and didnt get it initially but received it after going back down the next day as well as rest. not being inclusive with the room but those things were a quick fix by going down and just eating someplace else since we were going to have to pay anyway. The front desk people were nice, I think there was an Erica and there was a gentleman that told us how to get to the mall. Even though this is an older hotel not to have to deal with downtown traffic and noise this is a great option. Its about 15 mins on the interstate to downtown and I would recommend.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
HIMetairie, Executive Assistant at Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
K A,
Thank you for your recent review of the Holiday Inn Metairie. We hope that you enjoyed Essence Fest and will come stay with us again when you enjoy the fest next year.

A big thank you for recognizing our staff, especially Erica, and the cleanliness of the hotel and amenities. I look forward to sharing!

Lafayette, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I stayed there for one night for business. Having the restaurant on the property was a big plus as I was tired and in no mood to get back into my car. I got the grilled salmon topped with grilled shrimp. It was cooked perfect and I would get it again. For sides I had macaroni and cheese and green beans. They too were very good. Service was fast and nice.
The room was nice and clean. I really liked the big pillows. There were a few minor things with the room. When you open the door to enter the room you have to go down a short hall. There was no light switch by the door. You had to make you way down the hall in the dark to find a light switch. Don’t know who would think that was a good idea. In the bathroom there was only one very small bar of soap that I had to use between the shower and sink. When checking out I was told there should have been two bars in the room. Also there was no hook for a towel near the shower.
I would stay there again on my next trip.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
JeffL222,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Metairie.
I am sorry to hear that your amenities were not our standard quantity, thank you fro bringing that to our attention.

I am so happy to hear of your experience in the RoundHouse Bar & Grill. I am looking forward to sharing your comments with the staff.

Please visit with us again soon,
Correnne

Been to Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport? Share your experiences!