“Nice surprise” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 21 Hotels in Metairie
Houston
“Nice surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

We were driving back to Houston from Pensacola, Fl and stopped for a day in NOLA. We've stayed at this hotel before as we passed through, but it wasn't a Holiday Inn then. It was late when we arrived, and we didn't have a reservation, but they had availability and were able to accommodate us. The check in was relatively easy, but the woman working at the desk was less than friendly. On the contrary, she was cold and unwelcoming. She never smiled and never gave me any indication that she appreciated our business or was happy we chose that hotel. I even tried to joke with her to lighten things up with no success.

The halls, as we went from the elevator to our room, were older and closed in. However, upon entering our room, we were most pleasantly surprised. The room was appointed in an updated and elegant manner for this price point. The beds were very comfortable. The bathroom was nice. There was a new, flat screen tv that was a good size (30" I think).

All in all, I can easily recommend this hotel for your visit to NOLA. The only draw back was the poor attitude of the employee at the reservations desk.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
HIMetairie, Executive Assistant at Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
StaceyB,

Thank you for visiting with us recently and taking time to review that stay.
I am most happy to hear that you found our rooms to be a "Nice Surprise", unfortunately the service you received leaves me most unhappy. Our guests are our number one priorities, and customer service is usually remarkable! Thank you for bringing your experience to our attention.
Hope you had safe travels, and will visit with us again.

-Correnne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
LaFayette, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Hello, this past week my friends and I stayed at this hotel to attend Essence. This was a nice hotel it has a rest. and a outdoor pool. The parking lot,pool, elevator, and sitting area were all clean. The only things we didnt like were we requested a microwave and didnt get it initially but received it after going back down the next day as well as rest. not being inclusive with the room but those things were a quick fix by going down and just eating someplace else since we were going to have to pay anyway. The front desk people were nice, I think there was an Erica and there was a gentleman that told us how to get to the mall. Even though this is an older hotel not to have to deal with downtown traffic and noise this is a great option. Its about 15 mins on the interstate to downtown and I would recommend.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
HIMetairie, Executive Assistant at Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
K A,
Thank you for your recent review of the Holiday Inn Metairie. We hope that you enjoyed Essence Fest and will come stay with us again when you enjoy the fest next year.

A big thank you for recognizing our staff, especially Erica, and the cleanliness of the hotel and amenities. I look forward to sharing!

Lafayette, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I stayed there for one night for business. Having the restaurant on the property was a big plus as I was tired and in no mood to get back into my car. I got the grilled salmon topped with grilled shrimp. It was cooked perfect and I would get it again. For sides I had macaroni and cheese and green beans. They too were very good. Service was fast and nice.
The room was nice and clean. I really liked the big pillows. There were a few minor things with the room. When you open the door to enter the room you have to go down a short hall. There was no light switch by the door. You had to make you way down the hall in the dark to find a light switch. Don’t know who would think that was a good idea. In the bathroom there was only one very small bar of soap that I had to use between the shower and sink. When checking out I was told there should have been two bars in the room. Also there was no hook for a towel near the shower.
I would stay there again on my next trip.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
JeffL222,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Metairie.
I am sorry to hear that your amenities were not our standard quantity, thank you fro bringing that to our attention.

I am so happy to hear of your experience in the RoundHouse Bar & Grill. I am looking forward to sharing your comments with the staff.

Please visit with us again soon,
Correnne
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

This is my second stay at this hotel when I was in New Orleans. It is always accommodating for quick trips. The restaurant inside the hotel gives you a lot of food for your money. The room was a typical, clean, nice room. There is not a lot of furniture in the room; therefore, you have a lot of open space. The staff was generous. The hotel is not far from the high end mall and a short distance from the Superdome and Bourbon Street. You seem to go against traffic at all times which is a plus. I don't consider the hotel as part of Metairie or a typical airport hotel .

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
HIMetairie, Executive Assistant at Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
FlyNurse365,
Thank you for taking a moment to review your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Metairie.
I am super excited to hear that you found our hotel, restaurant and staff accommodating.
Thank you for also mentioning the proximity to Lakeside Mall and the attraction of downtown New Orleans.

I hope that you visit with us again,
Correnne
Mountain View, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I had to stay there just one night. I am still wondering why I didn't change the hotel. I have one excuse- it was late night and I was very tired. The smell was really terrible, I couldn't breath. I didn't see any mold, however something was wrong with the building. Avoid this place, especial if you have problems with asthma. There is no complimentary breakfast like in most Holiday Inns.
The staff was very nice and friendly.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Atunia,
I am sorry your experience was not our up to standard. We always strive to provide the best for our guests.
As you mentioned, we do not provide a complimentary breakfast, however, we do have a Full Service restaurant that offers the guest a wide variety of menu items and also a buffet, all at affordable costs. Our members even get an additional 25% off of dining.
I can not apologize enough that the room had an odor, Cleanliness is a top priority. I have brought your comment to the management team. Thank you for bringing the problem to our attention.
- Correnne
Biloxi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

Very nice hotel. Close to where we needed to be. They were exceptionally friendly and accommodating during our stay. I would definitely recommend it. My only complaint was it is a little pricey for the location.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
HIMetairie, Executive Assistant at Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear jkc58,

Thank you for recently being a guest of the Holiday Inn Metairie and for taking the time to leave a positive review of your stay.

As mentioned, we are a great choice when needing a hotel while away on business. We are the heart of Metairie's business district.

We hope that you had a successful trip and will see us again!

Plainfield, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We were driving from Texas to Orlando and we wanted to stop in New Orleans along the way. We got a great deal here for a suite, and even received a larger suite then expected upon arrival. The beds were the most comfortable beds I ever slept in. Plenty of parking around the back, even though some of the surrounding areas looked a little sketchy, felt safe here.
We really just slept here and then moved on our way, but ended up booking this same hotel for our return trip. That time they were very booked, so we ended up in a much smaller room. Our own fault, for not booking it in advance. Even so, still a nice smaller room, such comfortable beds ! I could have slept forever. This location does not offer free breakfast but has a restaurant located in the front. If you are a priority club member you get 10% off your food there. The only thing we used it for was for a cheese pizza for my picky son, but it was good and resonably priced.
We would stay here again, it was very close to the city, within a 15 minute drive to get to the French Quarter.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
HIMetairie, Executive Assistant at Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear mary h,

Thank for leaving such a positive review of your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Metairie.
It really means a lot to us that you stayed with us twice during your travels.

You've given future guests a thorough review of the area, mentioning the proximity to the French Quarter, and the discount our Members receive. I hope they enjoy the comfort of the beds as much as you did.

I am very pleased to share your review with our staff! Hope you visit with us again!

-Correnne

Been to Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport? Share your experiences!