“Nice for quick in and out stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #9 of 21 hotels in Metairie
Atlanta, Georgia
“Nice for quick in and out stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

This is my second stay at this hotel when I was in New Orleans. It is always accommodating for quick trips. The restaurant inside the hotel gives you a lot of food for your money. The room was a typical, clean, nice room. There is not a lot of furniture in the room; therefore, you have a lot of open space. The staff was generous. The hotel is not far from the high end mall and a short distance from the Superdome and Bourbon Street. You seem to go against traffic at all times which is a plus. I don't consider the hotel as part of Metairie or a typical airport hotel .

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
HIMetairie, Executive Assistant at Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
FlyNurse365,
Thank you for taking a moment to review your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Metairie.
I am super excited to hear that you found our hotel, restaurant and staff accommodating.
Thank you for also mentioning the proximity to Lakeside Mall and the attraction of downtown New Orleans.

I hope that you visit with us again,

143 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Mountain View, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I had to stay there just one night. I am still wondering why I didn't change the hotel. I have one excuse- it was late night and I was very tired. The smell was really terrible, I couldn't breath. I didn't see any mold, however something was wrong with the building. Avoid this place, especial if you have problems with asthma. There is no complimentary breakfast like in most Holiday Inns.
The staff was very nice and friendly.

Atunia,
I am sorry your experience was not our up to standard. We always strive to provide the best for our guests.
As you mentioned, we do not provide a complimentary breakfast, however, we do have a Full Service restaurant that offers the guest a wide variety of menu items and also a buffet, all at affordable costs. Our members even get an additional 25% off of dining.
I can not apologize enough that the room had an odor, Cleanliness is a top priority. I have brought your comment to the management team. Thank you for bringing the problem to our attention.
- Correnne
Biloxi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

Very nice hotel. Close to where we needed to be. They were exceptionally friendly and accommodating during our stay. I would definitely recommend it. My only complaint was it is a little pricey for the location.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
HIMetairie, Executive Assistant at Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear jkc58,

Thank you for recently being a guest of the Holiday Inn Metairie and for taking the time to leave a positive review of your stay.

As mentioned, we are a great choice when needing a hotel while away on business. We are the heart of Metairie's business district.

We hope that you had a successful trip and will see us again!

-Correnne
Plainfield, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We were driving from Texas to Orlando and we wanted to stop in New Orleans along the way. We got a great deal here for a suite, and even received a larger suite then expected upon arrival. The beds were the most comfortable beds I ever slept in. Plenty of parking around the back, even though some of the surrounding areas looked a little sketchy, felt safe here.
We really just slept here and then moved on our way, but ended up booking this same hotel for our return trip. That time they were very booked, so we ended up in a much smaller room. Our own fault, for not booking it in advance. Even so, still a nice smaller room, such comfortable beds ! I could have slept forever. This location does not offer free breakfast but has a restaurant located in the front. If you are a priority club member you get 10% off your food there. The only thing we used it for was for a cheese pizza for my picky son, but it was good and resonably priced.
We would stay here again, it was very close to the city, within a 15 minute drive to get to the French Quarter.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
HIMetairie, Executive Assistant at Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear mary h,

Thank for leaving such a positive review of your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Metairie.
It really means a lot to us that you stayed with us twice during your travels.

You've given future guests a thorough review of the area, mentioning the proximity to the French Quarter, and the discount our Members receive. I hope they enjoy the comfort of the beds as much as you did.

I am very pleased to share your review with our staff! Hope you visit with us again!

-Correnne
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

The staff at this Holiday Inn are standouts! They are all so friendly and accommodating. There is a shuttle to/from the airport and if they are not too busy, will take you to places within a few miles radius. It's a bit "far" from New Orleans, about a $25 cab ride, but still relatively close to drive to NOLA. There is a small pool for cooling off, a great restaurant/bar in the hotel, too. They made my stay very enjoyable! Keep up the great work!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
HIMetairie, Executive Assistant at Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
YankeeFan06,
Thank you for recently being a guest of the Holiday Inn Metairie, and for leaving us such a wonderful review.

As you pointed out, our staff truly is the heart of the hotel. Thank you for taking a moment to recognize us!

Hope that you have safe travels and will be our guest again,
Dothan, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I usually stay here when visiting my parents. This stay was different and very enjoyable. The staff work as a team and it is evident from check-in through check-out. The housekeeping staff is improved from my last stay and there seems to be good communication with maintenance staff. Security is improved (I noticed the back door is consistently locked with key access). The location is great and the rooms are well maintained. I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite, very roomy and comfortable.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
HIMetairie, Executive Assistant at Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear theallygator,
Thank you for being a guest at the Holiday Inn Metairie and for the wonderful review you left us. Your compliments mean so much to the entire staff - I can't wait to post the review in the back of house areas so we can cheer lead our team on a job well done. Thanks again for making that possible.

We can't wait to impress you again,

Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

This was one of the best hotels I have stayed at. Even though you are not within walking distance, you are close to everything. The front desk was friendly and the restaurant had some of the best food I had my entire stay in the New Orleans area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
HIMetairie, Executive Assistant at Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Mark I,
Thank you for being a guest at the Holiday Inn Metairie and for leaving such a positive review. Your compliments mean so much to the entire staff - I can't wait to post the review in the back of house areas so we can cheer lead our team on a job well done.
Thanks again for making that possible.

- Correnne

Been to Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport? Share your experiences!