“Great hotel and location” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #8 of 21 hotels in Metairie
Houston, Texas
“Great hotel and location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

This is the second time we have stayed at this hotel located very close to the downtown area. Great value. The staff there is wonderful but what has been suprising is the restaurant. The food was very good as well as the service. We will be staying there on our next trip to New Orleans.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Rick E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear Mike L,
Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out a review about our hotel and your stay with us. It is always great to see a returning guest. This proves that we are doing something right to earn your business. I was also pleased to see you really enjoyed the restaurant food. Again, thank you for staying with us and I hope to see you return in the very near future.

146 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
huntsville,al
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Stayed one night at the Holiday Inn as a pre-cruise hotel. Had a wonderful and relaxing time at this hotel before my Dec 16th cruise on NCL.

The hotel was clean and the staff wonderful. The shuttle bus for the cruise terminal left at 10am. It first stops at the carnival port and then NCL. The hotel contracts the shuttle bus with a cajun tour company. For NCL, the shuttle bus drops and picks you up at the Julia Street Terminal door one. Took the easy walk-off from NCL, at 7.30am and was at door one at 8am. The shuttle bus showed up at about 8.20am and was not full. Managed to get to my car and on the road by about 8.50am from the hotel.

This hotel gives you vouchers for two free cocktails in the bar. The bar lady, forget her name, was very friendly and a pleasure to talk to. The beds in my room, one the 4th floor, were the best that I have ever slept on.

Will stay at this hotel for future cruises.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Rick E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
Dear thebrit123,
Thank you so much for filling out a review about your recent stay at our hotel. I am so happy that we were able to accomodate you and your family and that we meet your expectations of an exceptional stay. I hope that you had a wonderful time on your cruise and that we will see you again in the near future.

Trumansburg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

We stayed here 2 nights before our cruise. The rooms were great, and the desk staff was wonderful. There is also a quasi-taxi, his name is Aseem, and he is a great resource--he drove us into and back from the city several time, giving us advice on where to eat and where to go. Overall, we had a wonderful time here. I would order off the menu for breakfast next time--the buffet was awful.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear grammygale,
Thank you so much for filing out a review and for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Metairie. I was so happy to read that my staff was very accomodating during your stay but was disappointed that the breafkast buffett was not up to your standards. I will be addressing this issue with my kitchen staff to ensure we do a better job of providing a quality food product in the future. Again thank you for staying with us and I hope to see you again in the future.

Tulsa OK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here before our cruise using the "stay and cruise" package. It was $131 pre tax and we got the room, 2 call alcohol drinks, $20 for breakfast ( you can order off menu or go to the buffet), transportation to and from the port and parking for the car while we are gone.... You can not beat it. The front desk people, Josh Berry and Val Williams, were super nice. They were there to let us check-in early and there in the morning too. Service in the dining room for breakfast was a bit spotty but we never needed anything so didn't matter that she never came to check. The bed was comfy, comfy, comfy and I'm a bad sleeper. I would suggest a higher floor because we could hear some traffic on floor 9 but not a problem at all. We highly recommend staying here. Thank you Val and Josh for your hospitality.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear x2tpd,
Thank you so much for letting us know how were are doing in our guests eyes. All the information that we can get helps us do our best to meet our guests needs. I want to personally apologize for the lack of concern shown by our restaurant staff during your dining experience. I will be addressing this with our server staff and let them know that this is not the way we treat our guests. Again thank you for staying with us I hope that you have a wonderful day.

Collierville, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

We booked a room at this property for the night before our cruise out of New Orleans. We bought the cruise package with included to free cocktails, free breakfast and shuttle to and from the cruise terminal.

We were allowed to leave our car parked at the hotel for up to ten days. It was a great experience and the room was very nice and clean. We got in late on Friday night and had driven six hours to get there so we decided just to eat in the hotel. My wife ordered fried shrimp and I had the fish and shrimp combo platter. Her dinner was enough to feed to hungry people. My dinner was so much it would have feed four people. It was unreal and very good.

The shuttle driver, John, was very helpful getting us to the cruise terminal and picking us up after the cruise. He took our cell phone number and called us on our return to coordinate where to pick us up exactly.

This hotel package was well worth the price. If you park your our car at the terminal it cost $16 per day.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear BeachBoyPerdido,
Thank you so much for filing out a review about your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Metairie. We really appreciated the feed back. It also appears that our transportaion company Cajun Encounters is doing a wonderful job in taking care of our guests as well. I am always so happy when our guests have a wonderful stay. Thank you and I hope to see you again in the very near future.

Bowie, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

This place knows how to take care if its most frequent guests.

I am a Platimun member, but made my first visit to this hotel. I was met by a chipper, cheery and cute Maya at the front desk - who welcome me with a charm and charisma I instantly fell in love with. As an Elite member, she told me that I could have one of three Platinum perks; I chose the free drinks (yes, drinks is plural!) in the bar. First hotel I have *ever* stayed at that gave its most loyal guests two free drinks on the house... Plus I got a discount off my dinner and a late checkout.

I wish the airport shuttle ran more than only once an hour on the hour, but it is what it is. I had to catch the 6am shuttle for my flight at 7:45am.

Overall - I 'd stay here in a heartbeat given the chance again - and would definitely stay longer than one night.

• Stayed December 2012
Dear jacobandjune,
Thank you so much for being a Loyal Platinum Priority Club member and for giving us a chance to serve you. We love it when our guests have a wonderful stay and when our staff is recognized for exceptional service. We strive hard everyday to ensure all our guests have a great stay and especially our most Loyal guests like yourself. We hope we get the opportunity of serving you again in the near future.

Mesquite, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

We had a couple of hiccups setting things up but what a great deal and a very nice hotel. The breakfast buffet was great! And those of us that didn't want the buffet, the selections from the menu were very nice. The restaurant staff were awesome.

The driver of the mini-bus that took us to and from the cruise terminal was extremely helpful. And when we returned from our cruise he was there and ready to pick us up.

This was certainly the best deal around. Next time we cruise out of New Orleans...we will be staying here.

Kudos to the staff for all their help!!!!!

• Stayed August 2012
Dear Johnny B,
Thank you so much for staying with us and for letting us know how we are doing. We love it when we have done a great job in our guests eyes and they let us know about it. We truly appreciate you and hope to see you again in the very near future.

Rick E.

Been to Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport? Share your experiences!