You added Wyndham Garden Hotel New Orleans Airport to your Saves list
Wyndham Garden Hotel New Orleans Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6401 Veterans Memorial Boulevard, Metairie, LA 70003 (Formerly Four Points by Sheraton New Orleans Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #10 of 21 Hotels in Metairie
Houston, Texas
“Solid.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Nothing fancy but just what you need. Staff was super friendly. Room was clean. Free water bottles which was nice. Close to NOLA but cheaper than staying downtown. Would recommend if you are planning spending most of your day out and about..

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Lansing, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Great hotel near NOLA. Staff was very efficient and knowledgeable about the area. Beds were very comfortable.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

SMETOY, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Hotel New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for your review. I will share your comments with the staff.
Fayetteville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

When I arrived,
1.) The Staff never made eye contact and were not very receptive.
2.) Getting to the room the mattress cover had very large blood stains on it.
3.) Bath room had a wobbly toilet, with mold growing in the corners and rust on the shower walls.
4.) Having to sign a no smoking waiver then getting to the room and opening the balcony to find cigarettes all over it.
5.) Almost every morning there was no coffee in the lobby or coffee cups.
6.) Had the "Do not disturb" sign on the door and house keeping just walked in without knocking etc...
I am not a complainer as I am ex-Navy and can sleep most anywhere but I had my wife with me so I will say something, on the way home we stayed in Meridian Ms. at a Drury Inn and it was SPOTLESSLY clean and GREAT customer service.

I will say by the time we left Wyndham Friday the service had gotten somewhat better as I did mention my dissatisfaction to the staff around wed.
Have pics to support what I am claiming if you want them.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Thank you for sharing your experience at our property. This is not the typical level of service given at our property. I am sincerely sorry for all of the problems during your visit. I have shared your comments with the staff and we are finding ways to double check each item, to ensure this doesn't happen in the future.
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Good place to stay for jazz fest.....Good price.....Friendly staff.....The food at the in house grill was slow and salty......The room was just right for what we needed.....we didn't go swimming in the pool, but it was a nice size........

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
SMETOY, Public Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Hotel New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I will share your comments with the staff, especially the restaurant. We have had some challenges with our new menu items and are working to make each meal preparation consistent. We hope you will visit our property and restaurant again in the future.
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is an older hotel in need of renovation. At our 3:30pm check-in we were told there were no room ready but it would only be 10 - 15 minutes. We waited in the lobby in clear view of the check-in counter. After 30 minutes I asked about the room and she immediately found one for us. There were no luggage carts so we had to make several trips from the parking lot to the 5th floor room.

Upon entering the too, there was a distinct mold odor. I found the cleaning team and borrowed some air freshener but that did no good. I called the desk and asked that someone come check the problem. Very quickly the engineer came and said the odor was from a water leak under the AC from recent rains. He got us another room a few doors down that had no odor. Both rooms were very small and neither had a micro weave or fridge. The bathroom was small with very little shelf space. The tub was old and had no drain plug.

I went down to the vending area to get some soda's but they were only sold via credit card with no pricing posted. I went down to the restaurant and the 20 oz sodas cost $3.50. The desk clerk said the machine soda was only $2.00.

I would not stay there again.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Been to Wyndham Garden Hotel New Orleans Airport? Share your experiences!