“First time stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Garden Hotel New Orleans Airport

You added Wyndham Garden Hotel New Orleans Airport to your Saves list
Wyndham Garden Hotel New Orleans Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6401 Veterans Memorial Boulevard, Metairie, LA 70003 (Formerly Four Points by Sheraton New Orleans Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #11 of 21 Hotels in Metairie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Good place to stay for jazz fest.....Good price.....Friendly staff.....The food at the in house grill was slow and salty......The room was just right for what we needed.....we didn't go swimming in the pool, but it was a nice size........

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
SMETOY, Public Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Hotel New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I will share your comments with the staff, especially the restaurant. We have had some challenges with our new menu items and are working to make each meal preparation consistent. We hope you will visit our property and restaurant again in the future.
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is an older hotel in need of renovation. At our 3:30pm check-in we were told there were no room ready but it would only be 10 - 15 minutes. We waited in the lobby in clear view of the check-in counter. After 30 minutes I asked about the room and she immediately found one for us. There were no luggage carts so we had to make several trips from the parking lot to the 5th floor room.

Upon entering the too, there was a distinct mold odor. I found the cleaning team and borrowed some air freshener but that did no good. I called the desk and asked that someone come check the problem. Very quickly the engineer came and said the odor was from a water leak under the AC from recent rains. He got us another room a few doors down that had no odor. Both rooms were very small and neither had a micro weave or fridge. The bathroom was small with very little shelf space. The tub was old and had no drain plug.

I went down to the vending area to get some soda's but they were only sold via credit card with no pricing posted. I went down to the restaurant and the 20 oz sodas cost $3.50. The desk clerk said the machine soda was only $2.00.

I would not stay there again.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We were not impressed with any aspect of this hotel. It being a Wyndham we expected cleanliness and excellent service. I gave it a 2 star rating due to the fact that the bed was comfortable and the air unit worked well, but as far as cleanliness I wasn't impressed. There were hairs in the bathroom that didn't belong to us and there were no trash bags in trash cans. The maintenance through the building was less than desirable. At the price charged there should be a continental breakfast. Will not be back.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
SMETOY, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Hotel New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for sharing your experience at our property. I am sorry for the cleanliness problems you mentioned with your room. This is not our typical level of cleanliness. I will share your comments with the housekeeping and maintenance department and we will make changes to ensure these problems done arise in the future.
Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed in this hotel with my husband while attending an orientation for my graduate program. The room was your average hotel room with a king size bed. The bathroom was clean, although some of the tiles in the shower were discolored by rust stains. If the art on the walls was a symbol of attention to detail, then the hotel may be lacking as one of the pictures had slid loose from the backing making it crooked in the frame. The art was also an odd choice. However, I have a bit of OCD about that stuff. Overall, the room met my needs, and I felt safe in the hotel.

I did eat breakfast room service while I was there. My omelet was well prepared, as were the potatoes that came with it. The coffee was hot and juice cold. The breakfast room service was easy to use, I just filled out my order card and hung it on the door the night before. We got a call from room service prior to coming up, and my order was delivered promptly at the desired time.

My biggest complaint with the hotel was the noise coming in from the hallways. One night, there was a group of people talking in the hallway, I could clearly follow their conversation behind my closed door while laying in my bed. This was somewhat frustrating.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Thank you for sharing your experience at our property. I am pleased your room service order met your expectations and I will make the maintenance department aware of you comments. I will share your comments with hotel staff and have them address your concerns. I hope you will give us another opportunity to regain you trust and business.

Been to Wyndham Garden Hotel New Orleans Airport? Share your experiences!