“Downgrade from Sheraton” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Garden Hotel New Orleans Airport

You added Wyndham Garden Hotel New Orleans Airport to your Saves list
Wyndham Garden Hotel New Orleans Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6401 Veterans Memorial Boulevard, Metairie, LA 70003 (Formerly Four Points by Sheraton New Orleans Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #11 of 21 Hotels in Metairie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This is an older hotel in need of renovation. At our 3:30pm check-in we were told there were no room ready but it would only be 10 - 15 minutes. We waited in the lobby in clear view of the check-in counter. After 30 minutes I asked about the room and she immediately found one for us. There were no luggage carts so we had to make several trips from the parking lot to the 5th floor room.

Upon entering the too, there was a distinct mold odor. I found the cleaning team and borrowed some air freshener but that did no good. I called the desk and asked that someone come check the problem. Very quickly the engineer came and said the odor was from a water leak under the AC from recent rains. He got us another room a few doors down that had no odor. Both rooms were very small and neither had a micro weave or fridge. The bathroom was small with very little shelf space. The tub was old and had no drain plug.

I went down to the vending area to get some soda's but they were only sold via credit card with no pricing posted. I went down to the restaurant and the 20 oz sodas cost $3.50. The desk clerk said the machine soda was only $2.00.

I would not stay there again.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends

2 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We were not impressed with any aspect of this hotel. It being a Wyndham we expected cleanliness and excellent service. I gave it a 2 star rating due to the fact that the bed was comfortable and the air unit worked well, but as far as cleanliness I wasn't impressed. There were hairs in the bathroom that didn't belong to us and there were no trash bags in trash cans. The maintenance through the building was less than desirable. At the price charged there should be a continental breakfast. Will not be back.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
SMETOY, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Hotel New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Thank you for sharing your experience at our property. I am sorry for the cleanliness problems you mentioned with your room. This is not our typical level of cleanliness. I will share your comments with the housekeeping and maintenance department and we will make changes to ensure these problems done arise in the future.
Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed in this hotel with my husband while attending an orientation for my graduate program. The room was your average hotel room with a king size bed. The bathroom was clean, although some of the tiles in the shower were discolored by rust stains. If the art on the walls was a symbol of attention to detail, then the hotel may be lacking as one of the pictures had slid loose from the backing making it crooked in the frame. The art was also an odd choice. However, I have a bit of OCD about that stuff. Overall, the room met my needs, and I felt safe in the hotel.

I did eat breakfast room service while I was there. My omelet was well prepared, as were the potatoes that came with it. The coffee was hot and juice cold. The breakfast room service was easy to use, I just filled out my order card and hung it on the door the night before. We got a call from room service prior to coming up, and my order was delivered promptly at the desired time.

My biggest complaint with the hotel was the noise coming in from the hallways. One night, there was a group of people talking in the hallway, I could clearly follow their conversation behind my closed door while laying in my bed. This was somewhat frustrating.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Thank you for sharing your experience at our property. I am pleased your room service order met your expectations and I will make the maintenance department aware of you comments. I will share your comments with hotel staff and have them address your concerns. I hope you will give us another opportunity to regain you trust and business.
Delray Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Having stayed at the Four Points by Sheraton (before the switch to Wyndham) this place was just o.k. I had higher hopes after the Wyndham brand took over, but they're even worse now.

There is no business center. There are two computers situated in the lobby, and one only seems to print. The internet speed in my room has slowed. I had to contact Wyndham's IT department to trouble shoot the situation even though I'd been in meetings all day and the speed was o.k.

This is a hotel for longshoremen, or men who've been on ships for a very long time. As a business woman, I did not appreciate the masses of men oogling at me in the restaurant and making comments, but when I called them out directly about their ridiculous behavior, they quieted down. This is something that should have been addressed by the restaurant staff who were there at the time.

The front desk told me and my co-worker that breakfast was served starting at 6:30 a.m. and included a buffet. We arrived at 7:20am in advance of our meetings scheduled down the hallway. The buffet was still not set up. After being told to wait, I finally asked the chef (who was also the person setting up the buffet) how much longer he'd be before we could help ourselves or order an omelet. He was kind and stopped was he was doing to make us omelets. That was at 7:45am.

If you advertise a breakfast buffet to start at 6:30am, then it should start at 6:30am, not at 7:45am after prodding.

Overall, the front desk staff (who are the same staff who've worked there for years) seem disinterested and do not display the friendly southern hospitality shown at other New Orleans-area hotels. Even the shuttle driver had to be prodded to stay on schedule to get us to the airport at the pre-scheduled time.

I've asked my company to move our quarterly meetings to another location moving forward.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The location of the hotel was perfect and "some" of the staff was really nice. (One of the managers could learn some customer service tips).

My family and I stayed for 3 nights and the first night we had no hot water. Nobody had hot water until late afternoon the next day. Nobody voluntarily informed the guests of the issue so imagine trying to take a shower and it stays cold until you realize no hot water is coming. When I called the front desk all they could say was we are working on it and you have to talk to a manager but they won't be in until the next morning. We were compensated for the inconvenience but the way they handled the situation was awful.

Overall we would stay again (no time soon) for the location BUT when I make the reservation I will ask if the hot water is working

Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
SMETOY, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Hotel New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for sharing your experience at our property. We had an unexpected failure of a hot water pump failing during your visit. This is definitely not a typical occurrence at our property and it has been fixed. I will share your comments with the managers and supervisors to ensure when this type of catastrophic failure happens it will be address correctly. I am sorry for the problems you endured and I hope you will give us the opportunity to redeem ourselves in the future.

Been to Wyndham Garden Hotel New Orleans Airport? Share your experiences!