“Fair to midland” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Garden Hotel New Orleans Airport

You added Wyndham Garden Hotel New Orleans Airport to your Saves list
Wyndham Garden Hotel New Orleans Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6401 Veterans Memorial Boulevard, Metairie, LA 70003 (Formerly Four Points by Sheraton New Orleans Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #10 of 21 Hotels in Metairie
Florida
“Fair to midland”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I stayed in this hotel with my husband while attending an orientation for my graduate program. The room was your average hotel room with a king size bed. The bathroom was clean, although some of the tiles in the shower were discolored by rust stains. If the art on the walls was a symbol of attention to detail, then the hotel may be lacking as one of the pictures had slid loose from the backing making it crooked in the frame. The art was also an odd choice. However, I have a bit of OCD about that stuff. Overall, the room met my needs, and I felt safe in the hotel.

I did eat breakfast room service while I was there. My omelet was well prepared, as were the potatoes that came with it. The coffee was hot and juice cold. The breakfast room service was easy to use, I just filled out my order card and hung it on the door the night before. We got a call from room service prior to coming up, and my order was delivered promptly at the desired time.

My biggest complaint with the hotel was the noise coming in from the hallways. One night, there was a group of people talking in the hallway, I could clearly follow their conversation behind my closed door while laying in my bed. This was somewhat frustrating.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Delray Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Having stayed at the Four Points by Sheraton (before the switch to Wyndham) this place was just o.k. I had higher hopes after the Wyndham brand took over, but they're even worse now.

There is no business center. There are two computers situated in the lobby, and one only seems to print. The internet speed in my room has slowed. I had to contact Wyndham's IT department to trouble shoot the situation even though I'd been in meetings all day and the speed was o.k.

This is a hotel for longshoremen, or men who've been on ships for a very long time. As a business woman, I did not appreciate the masses of men oogling at me in the restaurant and making comments, but when I called them out directly about their ridiculous behavior, they quieted down. This is something that should have been addressed by the restaurant staff who were there at the time.

The front desk told me and my co-worker that breakfast was served starting at 6:30 a.m. and included a buffet. We arrived at 7:20am in advance of our meetings scheduled down the hallway. The buffet was still not set up. After being told to wait, I finally asked the chef (who was also the person setting up the buffet) how much longer he'd be before we could help ourselves or order an omelet. He was kind and stopped was he was doing to make us omelets. That was at 7:45am.

If you advertise a breakfast buffet to start at 6:30am, then it should start at 6:30am, not at 7:45am after prodding.

Overall, the front desk staff (who are the same staff who've worked there for years) seem disinterested and do not display the friendly southern hospitality shown at other New Orleans-area hotels. Even the shuttle driver had to be prodded to stay on schedule to get us to the airport at the pre-scheduled time.

I've asked my company to move our quarterly meetings to another location moving forward.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The location of the hotel was perfect and "some" of the staff was really nice. (One of the managers could learn some customer service tips).

My family and I stayed for 3 nights and the first night we had no hot water. Nobody had hot water until late afternoon the next day. Nobody voluntarily informed the guests of the issue so imagine trying to take a shower and it stays cold until you realize no hot water is coming. When I called the front desk all they could say was we are working on it and you have to talk to a manager but they won't be in until the next morning. We were compensated for the inconvenience but the way they handled the situation was awful.

Overall we would stay again (no time soon) for the location BUT when I make the reservation I will ask if the hot water is working

Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
SMETOY, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Hotel New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Thank you for sharing your experience at our property. We had an unexpected failure of a hot water pump failing during your visit. This is definitely not a typical occurrence at our property and it has been fixed. I will share your comments with the managers and supervisors to ensure when this type of catastrophic failure happens it will be address correctly. I am sorry for the problems you endured and I hope you will give us the opportunity to redeem ourselves in the future.
Clementon, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I think that you should have an extra person in the kitchen on Saturday night. It was so busy and there was only one girl for ROOM SERVICE the front desk person and the Bar Tender had to help.

On Saturday we did not have our rooms cleaned no maid. I call because it was late and need fresh towels for the next day,

Printer was not working for us to print our Boarding Pass- Mgr helped us.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

SMETOY, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Hotel New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for sharing your experience at our property. I will share your comments with the staff and department heads. Our goal is to always deliver exceptional service; obviously some things fell through the cracks. i assure you we will address and correct the issue you have mentioned.
Magnolia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I love Wyndham properties. The Gardens are consistent and this one falls into place. Clean, comfortable, kind front desk staff. The fitness center was large, the hot tub is large, bed is comfy, shower was hot. Free water in the room is always nice as well :)

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Irving
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed three nights for work. Though it seems like an older building, it has been kept up and the rooms look newly remodeled and clean. The staff are all very friendly and accommodating. Malorie (sp? Sorry!) and Joyce were the ones I dealt with most and were fantastic. There aren't a whole lot of places within walking distance but the shuttle will take you up to three miles away. I recommend Don's and Harbor to eat. Either one has great local seafood. Harbor is pretty small and seating limited though.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your experience. I will share your comments with the staff and ensure the persons mentioned are recognized.

Been to Wyndham Garden Hotel New Orleans Airport? Share your experiences!