“Good price and location during Mardi Gras” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Garden Hotel New Orleans Airport

You added Wyndham Garden Hotel New Orleans Airport to your Saves list
Wyndham Garden Hotel New Orleans Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6401 Veterans Memorial Boulevard, Metairie, LA 70003 (Formerly Four Points by Sheraton New Orleans Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #10 of 21 Hotels in Metairie
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Good price and location during Mardi Gras”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Stayed in the hotel for 3 nights after our other accommodation has been cancelled last minute.Easy access from highway. Rooms are big enough, décor a bit out dated but we were not there to stay but only to sleep. Reception staff helpful and polite. Heating worked well. About 20 min drive to French Quarter. Free parking and good wifi. Overall clean and acceptable. Would't choose to stay there again but as last resort and cheap price during Mardi Gras could not complain.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
SMETOY, Manager at Wyndham Garden Hotel New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, yesterday
Thank you for sharing your experience at out property. We are in the process of renovating the property. I hope you will visit us again when in the New Orleans area to see what changes we have made.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Amherst, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I've stayed at this hotel 3 times when it was Four Points (reviewed it once) and now again. Interior is clean is still the best thing I can say. Lack of concern for customers by management forces me to give this hotel a 'poor' rating.
A week prior to this trip I contacted not only a Wyndham customer service represenative via their national phone line, but the front desk itself, to be certain we would be given room 735. I explained this room has the amenities and quiet we need. I was assured by both we'd receive that room.
We didn't. We were given room 727 and my husband was told it IS the same room just the room numbers were different since Wyndham had taken over. That was a lie but the room seemed good enough to accomodate us so I spent the next hour unpacking everything we needed to keep us comfortable for a week.
I soon found out why we didn't receive room 735.
Revamps are still being done, extremely loud hammering on several floors. When I was awoken by it on our first morning there, I let it go,,,,for over an HOUR. I finally reported it to the front desk who, with no apologies, said it would be handled immediately. 45 minutes later, it was still ongoing. I felt forced to go, in my pajamas and robe, to the room being worked on and guess what. IT WAS ROOM 735.
I understand the work must be done but when a customer goes out of their way to be assured they will receive a specific room not once but TWICE, why weren't we notified it wasn't available and offered one comparable on another floor? On top of that, we were LIED to about the room numbers!
When I went to room 735 the pounding was so loud I had to partially push the door open to get the workers attention. When they opened it, I explained I was sleeping after a 16 hour drive and was told they had been advised to discontinue their work for now.
One of the 2 workers said 'this is the time we have to work so we're working'. I responded with 'this is the time I have to sleep and you were already told to stop'. He retorted 'then you need to sleep another time because this is when I can do this, lady'. I said 'we pay money so I can sleep when I need to'. He responded with 'this is the time we're gonna work so don't feed me that s..t''.....and walked away to return to his hammering.
By now I was angry so I yelled, while returning to my room 'we'll see about that' and called the front desk again. The hammering stopped very shortly thereafter but only for 2 hours. To be fair it was noon by the time I made my second call to the front desk but logic dictates people who travel sleep at all hours and the best time to do such pervasive work is dinner time. Even most babies are awake at dinner time. Moreover, no customer should be spoken to that way.
That evening I expressed my concerns to the front desk clerk who is professional and apologized. She asked if the front desk clerk I spoke with earlier contacted the maintenance manager - I told her no, the word used was 'manager' and I suggested signs be put on each floor work would be done on since she advised me the revamping will continue for some time.
She also asked if the offer to move to another room had occurred - it had not.. She assured me the maintenance manager would be contacting my husband the next day - it never happened and the hammering began again 3 days later, just on other floors, loud enough to wake me (and I still saw no signs for the necessity for loud noise due to maintenance).
This isn't a 'bad' hotel and could be a very good one but for the price the management is still lacking in its duties. Nobody expects to pay $150 a night to be woken up from smells or noise and then have to beg to be treated properly by the staff. If that much revamping needs to be done, the professional thing to do is completely close the hotel for a week and get it OVER with. During that time administration could revamp the customer service employees that need to be trained better, too.
Yes, a weeks loss of revenue from rentals is big but the loss of customers because of poor management costs more. Due to the lack of comfort at this hotel, husbands company is looking into other area hotels to set up accounts with.
But....I don't manage a hotel so what do I know? I only stay at them for months and months every year. Oh and I have some common sense too.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor away from the elevator and ice machine but be sure to inquire about...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our property. I apologize for the lack of service you received at our property during your visit. I will share your comments with the other managers and staff. Treating our guest with respect and understanding is our constant goal, we will address your comments with the parties responsible. The work that was being done during your visit is now complete. I hope you and your husband will give us another try in the future.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Everyone at the desk was fantastic but Mallory truly seemed like she cared about her hotel and all of the guest in it. The property is far enough from New Orleans that I felt safe, but close enough to all the fun and culture. I loved that the bar in the lobby had a pool table for our enjoyment and a very good selection of top shelf liquor. The rooms were kind of small but the comfy bed made up for that. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for some good southern hospitality.

Room Tip: Ask for Mallory
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your experience at our property. We are pleased you enjoyed our property. i will share your comments with the staff; especially Malory. We hope you will visit us again in the future.
Bronx, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Don't be fooled by the Wyndham name, this is a crappy old Sheraton with new paint. The room was shabby and run down and not clean. Highway I 70 is very close complete with lots of traffic noise. The van service is not timely, I waited 1 hour at the airport while being told numerous times "ten more minutes". The TV guide sheet shows 99 channels but about 79 of those wouldn't work. Workout room is good size but filthy. Comforter on bed had stains, room was small and sliding glass door was ill fitting and allowed extra outside noise to enter room. I suppose it's better than sleeping outside but that's about all I can say positive. A perfect example of a hotel that if not in such a popular tourist area would be out of business, abandoned and eventually torn down. The positive reviews have got to be from hotel management or people who are accustomed to harsh conditions. I would not stay here again if I could at all help it.

Room Tip: Stuff your bag with earplugs before checking in.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
SMETOY, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Garden Hotel New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Thank you for sharing your experience at our property. Your experience is not our usual level of service or quality. I will address you comments and concerns with he staff to ensure these issues don't happen in the future. We are undergoing a renovation in the near future and I hope you will give us an opportunity to regain your confidence in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I have to say I was shocked about the revamp.(*we stayed here a couple of times when it was the Sheraton Four Points*) I can't say enough of the staff and how great
they are. We arrived around 11:30 and took a chance on checking in early. They welcomed us with open arms and a smile! Now by
12:30 we are ready to hit the town. Easy access to I10, this close to Mardi
Gras it's a great perk!

Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
SMETOY, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Hotel New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for sharing your experience at our property. I will share your comments with the staff to ensure they understand their efforts aren't going unrecognized. We will be undergoing an extensive renovation near the end of February of 2015. I hope you will visit us in the future and see the updates we have made.
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Everything was great with my stay at the Wyndham Garden Hotel in New Orleans. The staff was great, the restaurant food was excellent and the price was affordable. The location was close to shopping which made for a wonderful trip.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

SMETOY, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Garden Hotel New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for your comments regarding your visit. We are pleased our property met your expectations. I hope you will visit us again with your in the New Orleans area.

Been to Wyndham Garden Hotel New Orleans Airport? Share your experiences!