“Not bad” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Garden Hotel New Orleans Airport

You added Wyndham Garden Hotel New Orleans Airport to your Saves list
Wyndham Garden Hotel New Orleans Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6401 Veterans Memorial Boulevard, Metairie, LA 70003 (Formerly Four Points by Sheraton New Orleans Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #10 of 21 Hotels in Metairie
Walker, Louisiana
“Not bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

This is an older property that is being maintained very well. I do think however that listing it as a 3-Star property is optimistic. There needs to be a refrigerator in the room and the room just seemed to be lacking that 3-star feel. The bathroom was very small and the tub drained extremely slow. However I would recommend this hotel especially if you could get a good deal on the price.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
SMETOY, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Garden Hotel New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Thank you for your review of our property. We are in the process of updating the appearance of the property. I will address you tub drain issues with the engineering team to ensure no one else has this same problem,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Carmel, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

This hotel was really beautiful, convenient and accommodating! I was flying in to New Orleans with a 11:30pm arrival time. When I booked online, I saw that if you arrive after a certain time, they need to know so that you reservation does not accidentally drop off at midnight if you had not checked in already. I did that and the manager made note of it. My flight was actually late and arrived after midnight. After getting my rental car, I drove straight there, which was approximately 3-5 minutes. My reservation was still good because he had attached a note with my reservation AND a post-it note at the desk. The night clerk was very nice and accommodating and registered me within minutes. When I opened the door to my room, it was such a sight for sore eyes. There were 2 queen beds with lots of pillows and a fluffy comforter. For the price I paid last minutes, I really was not expecting too much. The room was spacious as well as the bathroom. All of the rooms have a small balcony with sliding glass door that was wonderful to stand on and drink my coffee the next morning and view the city. Another great part was I DID NOT HEAR ANY AIRPLANES even though the airport is directly across from it. I will definitely stay there again when I return on my many trips to the south.

Room Tip: Talk to the front desk. They are very courteous and even give recommendations for the city.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
SMETOY, Manager at Wyndham Garden Hotel New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thank you for your review about your property. We sincerely appreciate your comments regarding your experience at our property. We look forward to seeing you again when in the New Orleans area.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I short trip to NOLA two weeks ago. This place is easy to find right off IH-10. The Staff was nice and the room was clean. I had no issues staying here. I am staying here again in a couple of weeks. The coffee set up is great for early birds. I would recommend this Hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Longview, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Stayed there as we got in late to the airport. Lots of nice little perks in the room. Everyone we dealt with was friendly. There are plenty of restaurants nearby. The neighborhood seemed a bit industrial but it serves the purpose if you want a good place near the airport.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Metairie
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Great hotel. Great staff. Very friendly and helpful. I enjoyed every moment and the drive into downtown was not bad. Restaurants were in close proximity depending on what you wanted. I can't complain.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Katy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

The service was excellent! We were greeted and departed with smiles. In the evening we needed a cab and the front desk was more than happy to call us one. We stayed with the intention of spending most of our time on Bourbon St. The location was about a $40 cab ride to Bourbon so if this is your plan as well, try to stay closer. The restaurant was disappointing. The convenience of it did not out way the poor quality of appetizers and salads. The other entrees might have been okay but we did not try them. Overall, our stay was very pleasant! It was me and 2 girl friends and the room was plenty big enough for three girls to get ready in.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

Got a deal on Priceline or we would have stayed elsewhere. Decent room although relatively small square footage. Had to ask for bar soap - they were testing not having in the rooms. Even in lower end motels they provide soap...so my guess it is someone's mistaken idea to save some money.

Overall, a pedestrian hotel ...with average service.

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Wyndham Garden Hotel New Orleans Airport? Share your experiences!