“Older hotel, by the airport, just OK, kinda pricey for the quality” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton New Orleans Airport

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #12 of 21 hotels in Metairie
Tulsa, Ok
“Older hotel, by the airport, just OK, kinda pricey for the quality”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

This Sheraton Four Points is not an upscale type hotel. It's an airport hotel so gets lots of traffic, carpets are a bit stained and the chair in my room had seen better days. The rooms are very small probably because it's an older hotel. The bathroom drains were really slow so the basin filled up with water when you ran the water for any length of time. The bathroom overall was in need of a serious redo. There is very little counter space, the toilet and bathtub were scratched up and stained.

There were a couple of good things about the hotel: First the staff was friendly and helpful. Second the hotel bar downstairs is decent and the bartender was friendly.

I rated the hotel poor because I did not think the stay was worth the price. I have stayed at much nicer, cleaner and up to date hotels for less.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

187 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
charlotte, nc
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Stayed here recently for a family reunion. At check in the front desk staff was very nice & accommodating. The 1st room we were given actually wasn't ready for check in (hadn't been cleaned yet) but they were very apologetic & quickly got us into another room. Room was clean but bathrooms were definitely dated. The stopper in our tub didn't work so I had to give my young daughters mini-showers rather than baths. The bed was comfortable & we had a big screen tv which was nice.

The breakfast buffet was convenient & pretty good. The highway traffic didn't bother me, but my mom said that she could definitely hear it in her room.

You can definitely tell the difference between the day & night staff. We had an early flight so we checked out around 5 am. The front desk mgr wasn't nice at all & acted like he didn't want to be bothered. The night before we were told our bills would be delivered to our rooms around 4:30 am. They weren't so we wanted print outs. When my dad went to the counter the guy said something like, "Do you need something?" It's 5 am...we have our luggage. What could we possibly want?? He also never asked how our stay was.

Not a pleasant end to our stay but other than that the (day time) staff was very nice.

Location is very convenient to the highway which makes getting into the city easy....& there are lots of stores & restaurants nearby.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Steven E, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Dear Javarose,
My name is Steven Ezrow. I am the Front Office Manager at the hotel. I am sorry to hear about your experience checking out. This kind of guest interaction is unacceptable. If would please take time out of your day to call me so I can get some more details that would be great. As I cannot change the past I can only ensure this does not happen to another guest. I would like to thank you for the positive comments about or day shift. Our goal is to make every shift give the same attention and care to the guest. I can be reached at 504-885-5700. Again thank you for your time.
Best regards,
Steven Ezrow
Front Office Manager
Avondale, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

Older Sheraton but friendly Frontend staff at checkin. I didn't have any towels in my room within 5 minutes the Security Officer had delivered them. Brandon also helped me locate my lost cellphone charger. Just wanted to thank the Security Officer & Brandon for the great customer service.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

So if your looking for an overnight stay outside of New Orleans, this would work however, If you are looking for upscale Sheraton/Westin spend the money or points and get a nicer place. it is as simple as it comes, no frills although a nice touch of a snack delivered to your door. Rooms were clean but dated, especially the bathroom. Air conditioner worked well. Nothing to complain about but nothing to cheer about. Probably Would not stay here again now that I'm aware of the brand Four Points ....

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Anthony S, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write your review about the Four Points by Sheraton in Metairre, LA. We appreciate the time everyone takes from their busy schedule to not only provide future guests with their review but to also to help us as hotel managers to continue to improve our hotel(s) for our guests, both current and future. As the GM and part owner in this hotel, I am personally involved with and committed to making sure this hotel continues to provide very high levels of service while also putting together a plan to keep the facility clean and well-maintained. We have some renovations upcoming that I think everyone will appreciate and notice (including some renovations to the bathroom you mentioned). The Four Points by Sheraton brand core values are Honest. Uncomplicated. Comfort. For those looking for those attributes in their hotel experience, we think we do it as well or better than our competitors. Again, thank you for taking the time to give us your review and we promise, we take your comments and all of our guests' reviews seriously and wecome them with the sole intent of making our hotel better for all of our guests by listening to each one. I hope you will give us another opportunity to meet your travel needs and that you will stay with us again on your next trip to Metairre.

Lutz, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

Stayed here for a one night stay in NOLA. Easy access to highway but does not feel like a great neighborhood that it is in. Easy check in, clean lobby was refreshing. The room was small but had a great "Welcome to NOLA" sampling with a praline, local chips and a local root beer... very nice touch! Like i said, small rooms but not trying to do yoga in there, just work and sleep. I had the buffett the next morning downstairs, it was ok but waiter was attentive and it looked clean.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Anthony S, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review the Four Points by Sheraton in Metairre, LA. We just recently changed our welcome amenity for our SPG members to the local flavor New Orleans sample you refer to with equally great comments about it. Excellent point about the room size. For those future guests coming to our hotel the rooms with two double beds are larger than our "cozier" King bedded rooms. If you're tall like me, though, or are traveling with your snuggling partner, I'll trade the extra space for that King-sized bed every time...but that's just me! We're continually working on improvements to our breakfast buffet but I'm glad to hear that the restaurant was clean and you were well attended to by your waiter.

Again, thank you for taking the time on TripAdvisor to review our hotel and we hope that the next time you're in Metairre, you will stay with us again.

Orange County, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

Stayed here 3 nights for church conference. The staff was friendly, housekeeping was attentive and the restaurant was excellent. Would highly recommend the sweet potato fries. Banquet staff was accommodating and helpful. Everything you would expect for the price and more.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write your review about the Four Points by Sheraton in Metairre, LA. We wish we hit the mark every time and received comments as glowing as yours but we don't always and sometimes hear more of those than positive ones such as this one. We always strive for this level of service, but no hotel anywhere is perfect all of the time.

Again, thank you for taking time out of your busy day for this wonderful review. We look forward to serving you again on your next trip to Metairre.

P.S. I apologize for my less than timely reply to your review...I've actually been at the hotel for most of the past 3 weeks looking at ways we can make the hotel even better for all of our guests in the very near future.

Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Our flight into NOLA was supposed to arrive before midnite, and we were hoping to take advantage of the free shuttle from the airport to this hotel. Of course, our flight was late, and we had to take a taxi. No problem. We were SO tired, it didn't matter at this point.

When we checked in, the desk clerk seemed as if he was waiting for us -- very welcoming. (I had called from the airport, just to check on shuttle and say we'd be on our way, so they knew our names, etc.)

Our room was comfortable. At this time of night, we were happy to lay down. It was clean.

We were not supposed to have breakfast included with our rate, but the desk clerk did give us vouchers for breakfast. Thanks for that! (I forget this name)

I was a little perturbed in the morning, when the maid knocked on our door to see if we had checked out. I said we'd be out in about an hour, and she was peeking around me, as if to see if there was anyone else in the room. What's with that? Also, I heard her going down the hall, knocking on all the doors. Don't they have a system, where the front desk can tell her who has checked out and whose rooms she can clean? If not, they should.

The breakfast was WONDERFUL! One of the best we had in NOLA. Buffet, but so delicious. Lots of hot choices, not just cereal and muffins.

The morning desk clerk was just as friendly and called a cab to take us to the city.

Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Four Points by Sheraton New Orleans Airport? Share your experiences!