“Rude staff, terrible experience every time!” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Harahan, Louisiana
“Rude staff, terrible experience every time!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

I'm not sure how anyone can review this place with any level of confidence of a rating over 1 star. If I could give zero stars I would. We have been to this restaurant 3 times for the Tuesday raw oyster special only to be let down each and every time. They couldn't pay me to go back here. The first time we went, the place looked closed (with one hour until closing time). Some of the staff were sweeping while the others were gathered by the bar. After a few minutes of standing, we were hurriedly shown to a seat and told someone would be with us soon. We then watched the ENTIRE staff hover around the bar with a Krispy Kreme box to sing happy birthday to a staff member... all before even taking our drink order.
We ordered an initial 2 dozen oysters. The oysters were tiny... many no bigger than a half dollar. Also, upon counting the oysters we were only given 22. When I brought this up to the waitress, she seemed annoyed and said she would bring them out with our next round of oysters, Since we pay PER oyster, I would think the staff would be competent enough to count them before sending them out.
Each time we have gone for the oysters and an appetizer or side. The oysters have been small EVERY time, the food sub par, and the service is a joke. Trying to get a refill on a drink, more cocktail sauce, the check, or anything else you may need feels like a hassle.
Wouldn't recommend this place to my worst enemy. With such heavy competition for seafood in this region, I am completely astounded this place has lasted so long.... avoid at all costs.

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

“Decent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

We ate here with a group of about 20. It took a little while to get seated, but the staff made sure we didn't need anything while waiting.

The food was good and the service was great for our large party. I would try this place again.

Metaire
“Made my night perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

My family was in town for thanksgiving so we needed a place to go eat so since I live in metaire and one of my best friends all ways take us there I decided to take my family the grilled oysters was awesome the blakend alligator was to die for wish I new how they make that seasoning the seafood plater feed three almost three people only not to mention how good my lemon broiled catfish with the Mac and cheese was we all had left over hope you all can go experience

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Brooklyn, New York
“Good Food Good Price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I went out to treat an entire family to dinner and we needed to to boxes as the food was good and plentiful. AND it was affordable. Great sweet potato fries, seafood pasta, friend oysters! Not too big on vegetables, but it is New Orleans flavor. I would return again.

Visited November 2013
Jefferson, Louisiana
“Pleased, will return.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

From the moment i arrived, until the moment i finished my meal and left, i was waited on promptly. I met nice people both customers and workers. My server was Melissa and she was great. Look forward to my next vist.

• Visited October 2013