“A Lot of Bad Attitudes” 2 of 5 stars

USA
1,046 helpful votes 1,046 helpful votes
“A Lot of Bad Attitudes”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

This is my 2nd review of the hotel in as many days. The first one I wrote was published and then taken out because I told it like it was. That is not acceptable today in the USA, so I will do it again and be politically correct so people wont be offended that are not doing their job and could care less.
I saw a lot of bad reviews for this hotel and most of them are real. The staff simply does not care from the front desk to the Club level attendant. But the hotel is in great shape, clean and comfortable. Parking is in a garage attached to the building and is free and pretty safe. The gym is small but adequate. Pool nice and well kept and in a good location. Rooms are pretty nice, well maintained and just about everything is good at this hotel except the immediate staff. They are all overweight, slow, bad attitudes and are really not well suited for the hospitality business. They should be working for a governmental office instead where employees don't care and have bad attitudes.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Kathleen Y, General Manager at Sheraton Metairie New Orleans, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Mr. Larry, we are most disappointed that anyone on our caring staff gave you the impression that our team was less than engaged in making you feel welcomed and appreciated!! We are very proud of our associates, many of us have been in the hospitality industry for all of our careers and are dedicated to making people happy - that is why this is our chosen profession. Obviously, we let you down during your stay and we deeply regret that your stay was less than perfect. I wish I would have had a chance to meet you while you were with us and take steps to correct any issue that you found needed attention. I hope that you will stay with us again and allow me to introduce myself. We will make sure your stay in flawless. Again, thank you for taking time to let us know. Best regards, Kathleen

173 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Greek first
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

We booked this hotel through the Priceline Negotiator for our trip to NOLA and stayed one night on a Saturday.

The hotel is located just off I-10 but is slightly awkward to get to because of the way the local roads are laid out. They have free parking in their garage located adjacent to the hotel. The garage itself is very cramped and could use some renovations. They also had a sign near the entrance of the garage at night saying that the garage was full and that we'd have to park on a lot near the hotel, but we were able to find a few spots inside regardless.

Getting back on I-10 Eastbound is much easier. City Park is only a few minutes away and the French Quarter is maybe 10 minutes.

The staff was very helpful and friendly, and check-in was a breeze. The room was clean, but the carpet had several stains. Many channels on TV were also very fuzzy. Beds and the climate of the room were comfortable.

Overall, this Sheraton could use some renovations but it isn't a bad place to stay for a night or two if you're in the New Orleans area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Kathleen Y, General Manager at Sheraton Metairie New Orleans, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Thank you for your review and it is great to hear that you found our staff friendly and accomodating! We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciated the free parking! We have noticed that since we did our high definition upgrade that a few of our TV's have needed to be reprogramed - we will try to find what room you may have been in and make sure that TV is working properly. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to having you back as our guest very soon! Happy New Year! Kathleen
Bucharest, Romania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

I am spending 6 days in this hotel. 4 already passed.
The hotel is not bad, but I would never spend my money here.
Location: far away from New Orleans centre, in a business area, it takes 30-45 minutes for a taxi to arrive for an order and another 20-30 minutes to get in downtown. The good part is that is close to the biggest shopping centers in Metairie.
Staff: very friendly at the front desk and more than bored in restaurant.
Food: awfull. You have no reason to eat here, not even the breakfast. I tried to find something resonable during 4 days and I didn't succeed.
Rooms: clean, quite, very comfortable beds.
Internet: fee wifi everywhere, but very low speed.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Kathleen Y, General Manager at Sheraton Metairie New Orleans, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Thank you for your review and we are very pleased that you found our staff friendly and welcoming. We are six miles from the French Quarter and for those looking for the heart of the action downtown, we are only a short cab ride away. If you prefer to walk around the French Quarter, we do have a lovely Sheraton Hotel on Canal Street only steps from the French Quarter. But we would, of course, hope that you would choose our quiet, peaceful hotel for your next visit! All the best, Kathleen
Shreveport, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

Very nice stay at the Sheraton. Not our usual chain, but after staying here we will use them again. Nice room comfortable bed and nice area that was quiet. Loved the Starbucks coffee provided in the room and lobby and quality amenities. Very appreciated. And to top it off they were a pet friendly hotel that did not charge you for bringing your pet. Thank you Sheraton ! We will be back .

Stayed November 2013
We are delighted to read your kind review and so pleased that you enjoyed being our guest! Yes, we love having your pet stay with us, too!!! Be sure to ask for our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper pet bed next time you are with us - let us spoil your pet while we spoil you! Please say hello next time you are with us....I have some special little treats for our favorite pet friends!! Best regards to all, Kathleen
Brownsville, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

we stayed here at sheraton hotel metarie, new orleans twice a month. my experience here are terrible ... the restaurant service is very poor and the cook are terrible ... last june 8, 2013 - i ordered ribeye steak and i brought it back to the front desk because the steak is over cooked black like a charcoal one side look okey but when i turned the other side its like a charcoal burned. June 13, 2013 stayed here again and i ordered - burger and it was burned again, i brought it back to the front desk ... the worst thing is when i checked out and i asked for the receipt ... i give the server tips but the server knows we have $ 40 per diem, the server print another receipt and add more charges. i have copies of the charges receipt. today i ordered seafood pasta and its not even warm its cold.

Room Tip: don't eat at their restaurant ... eat somewhere else ...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your comment and we are very disappointed that some of your dining experiences were not to your satisfaction. We know you are our guest often and that usually you are very happy with our staff and our hotel. I trust that your visits since this posting have been more of the kind of great experience we are known for and that you will continue to enjoy staying with us in the future. If ever you are at all displeased with anything we do for you, please let us have the opportunity to make it right at that moment so that your stay is a good one! We look forward to your next visit. Best regards, Kathleen
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Please don't get me wrong, my family and I booked the Halloween weekend and we enjoyed our stay.
First of all, the hotel was almost full and we were upgraded to the preferred member floor, so that was a good treat to begin with. The entire staff was friendly and helpful.
The food was great, the bar staff awesome, everything to a Sheraton standard.
My only problem were the pillowcases. For some reason, which I am still intrigued, they did not iron the pillowcases. The moment I walked in the room, the impression was that they did not change them or the bed sheets from the last guest. With that in mind, I smelled the cases and had the impression they had a "stench". I called the guest service and informed of my impression, which left the attendant quite surprised. In minutes, somebody knocked and came in to change the pillowcases. Sure enough, they were not ironed again, but at least I saw them change it.
Overall a great hotel, with friendly staff and good price. Just hope that they read the review and start ironing the pillowcases.
As they say, the devil is in the details.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Kathleen Y, General Manager at Sheraton Metairie New Orleans, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
First, let me thank you for your nice review and tell you how happy we are that you and your family enjoyed staying with us! We often hear comments from our guests telling us how friendly and welcoming our staff has been but we can never hear that enough!! It makes all of us feel appreciated when guests enjoy our team! You are very correct about the pillow cases - our wonderful ironing machine has been 'out with the flu' for the last few weeks and we are doing everything in our power to bring it back to good health! We expect to be back to providing beautiful, freshly pressed sheets and pillow cases in the very near future! Please come visit us again soon and let me know when you are here so I can thank you in person for your kind remarks. All the best, Kathleen
Mobile, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

I have visited this hotel many times. This time was one of the better experiences. I arrived late on Halloween night. It was actually really busy in the lobby with check ins. Check in was effortless and altough I was given the wrong room it only took them a few minutes to correct the issue. Overall this hotel has a very friendly staff and is very convenient.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Kathleen Y, General Manager at Sheraton Metairie New Orleans, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind comments. Halloween night is always a lively time in New Orleans!! We are delighted that you found our staff to be as friendly as we know them to be - it is really a pleasure to be on a team that enjoys hospitality. Thank you again and we hope you will stay with us again soon. Kathleen Young, General Manager

Been to Sheraton Metairie New Orleans? Share your experiences!