“cute little place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 21 Hotels in Metairie
Seattle
“cute little place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

week in one of the downtown conference hotels, a few days now to myself to explore. all the la quinta inn's and best westerns of the world were full tonight, so I took a gamble. glad I did--retro charming rooms. (no, not the downtown sheraton, but for those of you who've been on the road a lot, my room has that late 1980s feel, in a charming way, not a gross way. brings back memories). adorable courtyard and pool that I'm pretty sure someone spent a lot of money to fix up not too many years ago. I get the feel they spent some money to fix up the rooms too. Nice trim, beautiful courtyard plantings, wrought iron railings that very well echo bourbon street. To top it off--way cheaper than even extended stay america. nice little find.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
      Sleep Quality
11 Thank John S

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

My girlfriends and I decided to take a quick roadtrip to New Orleans for the weekend. We ended up staying at the Plaza Suites because they were recommended to us. We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite with a full kitchen and wonderful bathroom with a jacuzzi tub! The place was very clean and well taken care of. We were treated wonderful. Anything that we needed, all we had to do was ask. They are all locals that work at the front desk as well, so they know where the great spots are to eat and shop. They have two locations, so next time we will stay in New Orleans at that hotel. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
      Sleep Quality
14 Thank NOLA8832
Edinburgh
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2010

We have just returned from a 4 night stay 1/1 - 5/1. We stayed in the penthouse apartment which was clean but had a very odd lay out. Everything in the apartment was very shabby - carpet was dirty. The jacuzzi bath had broken controls.
The location of the apartments was in a very isolated spot and we felt we were not in a very safe area. This was reinforced when you had to use your key card to get in to the reception area. Also it was not within walking distance of any shops/restuarants and you definitely needed a car. There seemed to be no other tourists using the place. The staff on the front desk were not equipped to deal with tourists, so this gave us the impression it was a stop over place.
The complimentary breakfast consisted on pre packaged pastries (horrible) and orange juice.
As an RCI property this was very disappointing.
Will definitely not return and would not recommend.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
4 Thank CapitalN
Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2008

My experience with this hotel was trrrible. First let me explain that there were several families that came with us but our group was that only one of a different race. Our room consist of five people and other families consist of up to 11 people in the room but there was a complaint to our leader from the first morning about our room getting the complimentary breakfast because we got a juice and donut for five people. Also we had a pull out bed for the fifth person in which they claimed for the six night stay that they didn't have a pillow for. Also, we had issues with things like why advertise free internet but no one knew how to connect to the wireless internet or atleast that is what they told me several times. Our room was also told that we couldn't recieve clean dry towels after we get out of the pool. We was told to put our towels in the dryer and reuse them. They even hesitated about giving us pots to cook in. The worse of it all was the last night stay there when all of us from that one particular room and one girl from another room was at the pool and I saw and heard the employee who was given us a hard time taking pictures of us with her camera phone. I thought she stood by the pool to talk on her phone until I notice her positioning the pnone for a good angle with the red camera light on and the actual snapping of the camera. She didi this twice in which the other adult and kids notice her doing. My leader told me later that she stated that she was talking on the phone and not taking pictures and the camera snapping noise I heard was a button she pushed by mistake. Anyone who has even seen a phone knows that if the phone is not on speaker that it is held to the ear to talk and not in the air and that you have to go into camera mode in order to snap a picture. None of the other families expereince any of these problems. I later found out that the reason the main trouble maker kept telling us to talk to the manager about our complaint was because he was her son-in-law.

• Liked — Room and setting
  • Disliked — Services and some staff
  • Stayed July 2008
      Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
8 Thank pettwayjan
Arlington, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2007

I booked this resort through RCI. I love the look of it. The courtyard is beautiful. The room is fully equipped with a kitchen. There is crown molding throughout the room. It's close to everything. I am from New Orleans, LA and never new this place existed. I went to visit family. This resort has free off street parking. All of the suites have individual names that are related to the State of Louisiana. All I can say is that I had a wonderful time. Whenever I visit New Orleans, this is the resort for me.

Stayed November 2007