“Don't judge a book by its cover” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Reservations
Menands, New York
“Don't judge a book by its cover”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

A friend recommended this place and my husband and I eyed each other when we went to park. But we went in and were pleasantly surprised. It's not fantastic for ambiance, but very good. Our waiter, Jacob, was very accomadating and pleasant. The food was very tasty and good for the price.

Visited July 2013

85% Recommend
“Crabs, crawfish, shrimp. Get a little of it all!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

This is the place for seafood. I love crabs, and I'm never disappointed. And the one time I was they fixed the matter so rapidly, I almost forgot. Service is quick and friendly, and this place is busy!! Definately go early, especially on the weekend. And be sure to ask for Rob, he's always our server, and is excellent at what he does.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Such a great find!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I noticed this place one evening when I saw a huge line out the door and made a note to myself that I had to try it. I came back with my boyfriend and we were both greatly enjoyed our meal. The fish was so fresh! The service was great and quick and it was a good deal-- salad, bread, fish and two sides--plus the size of the meal was big enough to split. It was refreshing to have a casual family feel and such great quality fish. I highly recommend!

Visited June 2013
Fredericksburg, Texas
“Neighborhood Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Notwithstanding the quality of its famous restaurants, one of the things which makes dining out in New Orleans a continuing delight are the hundreds of neighborhood restaurants where the food is outstanding. The Galley in Metairie, a New Orleans suburb lovingly called "Metry" by the natives, is a perfect example. Their menu is extensive, at any point offering 3-4 dozen main items, almost all of which are seafood based. It is out of the way, parking is limited, and the atmosphere is friendly. Décor is reminiscent of a roadside inn, so come casual, but the service is good, the wait staff know what's good that day, and will guide you.
We visit New Orleans frequently and have eaten at the Galley 5-6 times. Every dish has been excellent. Their po-boys are delicious, the etouffe outstanding, and all their fish is fresh and well prepared. Interestingly, the highlight may be their homemade balsamic vinaigrette. It includes, among other things, garlic, sliced onion, and Splenda - and defies description it is so good.
Its well worth the trip.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
La Place
“Oustanding Seafood in the New Orleans Area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

This is on Metairie Road (La. Hwy. 611-9) in the Old Metairie area. Although they specialize in boiled seafood, we ordered some fried dishes. All dinners come with big tasty salads. My shrimp plate ($18.99) had lost of juicy, flavorful, well-seasoned butterflied shrimp and delicious baked macaroni & cheese. My meal partners shared a seafood platter with softshell crab. At. $32.00, it was expensive, but very good. None of the food was at all greasy. Also, their tartar sauce is homemade and outstanding. This is a very busy and popular place, but the service was friendly and attentive. This is an "A" place all the way. Maybe the best seafood in the New Orleans area. RJT

• Visited June 2013