“Known for the oysters, but so many good choices!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood, Oyster Bar
Good for: Entertaining clients, Local cuisine, Large groups, Doing business
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Home of the Original Charbroiled Oyster!
Bossier City, Louisiana
“Known for the oysters, but so many good choices!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

My husband and I tried Dragos for lunch because of the trip advisor reviews and we are so glad we did! My husband had the 1/2 stuffed lobster and I had the crap augratin (sp?) stuffed crab with rosemary potatos. They were both delicious! The crab was a little spicy, but being from Louisiana, I like a little kick to my food anyways. We ordered the cheesecake for dessert. It looked like a scoop of ice cream instead of cheesecake but OMG, it was the best cheesecake we have ever had! We will try the oysters next time, but you can bet we will get another order of cheesecake! Service was great. Our waiter was very attentive. We didn't have problems parking, but I can see where during a dinner rush it might be a problem. Lunch prices were very reasonable.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Corpus Christi, Texas
“Very good seafood at a good price.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Getting there is half the fun. The parking was a disaster...Very limited in front of the restaurant. They have a separate lot a little past the restaurant on a side street. Fat City traffic after five. Very efficiently managed once you get inside, got a table right away. Wanted oysters Rockefeller and a Dixie Beer, but they don't do Oysters Rockefeller and were out of Dixie! Not a loss though, had other beers on hand, though not the same and they were very apologetic. Dixie was brewed to drink with oyster dishes... Instead of the Rockefellers, we had their specialty charbroiled oysters and a couple dozen raw on the half shell. All were excellent. Some had a seafood salad that they also thought was very good. Very popular place and good place to soak in local culture. Will be going back, and now know where to park.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, GA
“Great Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

The food here is amazing and service is impeccable. The shrimp salad and the lobster tails are so good.

Visited March 2013
Tequesta, Florida
“What a pleasant surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

Went here on the advice of a client. Although she neglected to clue me in on the charbroiled oysters; thankfully, my waiter recommended them. What an experience! They were quite possibly the best accidental restaurant find I've ever had. If you are ever near New Orleans, you must absolutely try these.
I went back the following night because I wanted to try one of the entries instead of just pigging out on oysters. I had the Hedurra (sp?) shrimp and found them to be very good.
This place is a bit pricey - the dozen oysters are $18 and my entree was was about $26 but it really was worth it.

Visited April 2013
Slidell, Louisiana
“AWESOME OYSTERS”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Came to this restaurant with about 6 co-workers for a small celebration - the waiter we had was GREAT!! The Chargrilled Oysters and Raw Oysters were AWESOME (Best in Town)!!! I had the Eggplant & Shrimp Stack as my entree' - that was down right NASTY !! I love Eggplant and when I saw it on the menu it sounded wonderful - except when I got my plate and actually started eating it, the shrimp that came with the dish were no bigger than a quarter and then there was only a total of 4 shrimp in the whole plate - it came with 3 pieces of eggplant - 2 of the 3 pieces were so overcooked that they were soggy and did not taste good at all - the 3rd piece of eggplant was not even cooked, it was hard as a brick....so I would defiantly NOT order this dish again !! But overall it was good and watching the guys shuck the oysters was great.

• Visited April 2013