“Late lunch and this Outback delivered!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #162 of 437 Restaurants in Metairie
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Columbus, Ohio
“Late lunch and this Outback delivered!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Most Outbacks are open starting at 4:00 p.m. local time and 11:00 a.m. on weekends. I lucked out and found this one to be open for lunch weekdays and reportedly one of the very few in the U.S. that operates as such.

As one might expect, the place was not very busy around 2:30 p.m. I was seated immediately. My server came by shortly afterward and the order promptly taken. I had the Cesar salad and grilled chicken on the barbie with a side of grilled lemon shrimp. Only the smaller portion size of the chicken is available for lunch. Actually, the lunch menu is also unique here.

It was all good and I was out of there in less than 30 minutes easy.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Terry, Mississippi
“Good steaks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Service was good as well as the food. No dislikes. You can't go wrong with a mouth watering delicious steak with a good loaded potatoe.

Visited July 2013
New Orleans
“Quickie meal”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

We stopped here on our way home from traveling to see my daughter in college. They had a special with lobster tails. I have seen bigger shrimp and crawfish than the lobsters I was served. I didnt expect them to be huge, but this was pretty pitiful.

Visited April 2013
Fort Lauderdale
“Steak good, other food not so much!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

I am not a steak person so I end up eating their non-steak items and find their food to be so-so. My boyfriend, who loves steak, enjoys it and says good at a great price. So, the conclusion is go for the steak only, otherwise you might be disappointed.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
New Orleans
“So-so, but better than Ruth's Chris was at twice the price!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

OK, so I won a $75 credit off of my "Fair Share Plus" United Way contribution. Rolled out on a Thursday after 6.5 hours of boring meetings. Top shelf Margarita straight up was mediocre, a high score for chains though far in the shadows of what I've trained my daughter to at home, and pale on the double homemade whiskey sours. Their lower grade true Margarita (if it doesn't have Triple Sec it isn't!) was only moderately more mediocre. I had the Porterhouse with add-on snow crab. Steak was OK, crab was good. Properly cooked but uninspiring. Potato was same-same (not improperly cooked, not inspired). Wife had the filet with lobster. Pretty much the same relative score. Decent food, but pretty much the only standout was the crab stuffed mushrooms appetizer. Service was brisk and supportive. Home for a long nap and then more industrial chemistry (OK, the sours were really good, beware of the home bar!).

• Visited February 2013