“So-so, but better than Ruth's Chris was at twice the price!” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #129 of 424 restaurants in Metairie
Cuisines: Steakhouse
New Orleans
“So-so, but better than Ruth's Chris was at twice the price!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

OK, so I won a $75 credit off of my "Fair Share Plus" United Way contribution. Rolled out on a Thursday after 6.5 hours of boring meetings. Top shelf Margarita straight up was mediocre, a high score for chains though far in the shadows of what I've trained my daughter to at home, and pale on the double homemade whiskey sours. Their lower grade true Margarita (if it doesn't have Triple Sec it isn't!) was only moderately more mediocre. I had the Porterhouse with add-on snow crab. Steak was OK, crab was good. Properly cooked but uninspiring. Potato was same-same (not improperly cooked, not inspired). Wife had the filet with lobster. Pretty much the same relative score. Decent food, but pretty much the only standout was the crab stuffed mushrooms appetizer. Service was brisk and supportive. Home for a long nap and then more industrial chemistry (OK, the sours were really good, beware of the home bar!).

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

42% Recommend
Ashburn, Virginia
“Good Crawfish Appetizer!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We stopped in for dinner on Friday night of Mardi Gras 2013 weekend while waiting for the parade to arrive. We didn't have to worry about parking as we just walked over from the parade route. There is limited parking in front of the restaurant, and a larger lot behind. I heard a customer say his car had been towed the evening we were there. I couldn't hear the entire conversation, but it appears that if you park in the lot for the adjacent restaurant, and don't eat there, they will have your car towed. So, be careful where you park!

We had the "Taz crawfish" as an appetizer. They were quite good and the batter not too heavy. My husband had "The Outbacker burger" with fries and I had the "chicken artichoke flatbread" as my entree. While the food tasted fine, the temperature of everything could have been hotter. Our food was lukewarm, while the plates were hot.

The restaurant was not busy and we sat at a booth in the bar area. We didn't see much of our server, so I'm not sure what he was up to, or why our food was not served when it was plated. This wasn't typical of a visit to an Outback. At no time did we see a manager walking the floor.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
“Steak!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Enjoyed good food and service. They always have great servers and very good food!
They are clean, friendly and always reliable for a great meal while traveling.

Visited December 2012
metairie
“should be better”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

went 2 x recently; overcooked meat, dry, no flavor, lukewarm meat and potatoes; tried seaffod plate second time: skimpy, small portions--good temperature. prime rib reasonably good but have had better elsewhere.

• Visited June 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
usa
“Server & Dinner Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

Our server (Liz C) was wonderful. Friendly and took time to chat a bit. Everything on the menu she recommended was excellent. Timing of apps, meals and drinks were perfect. Perfect service with a smile. Food was excellent. Manager was very friendly and professional. I would highly recommend to anyone.

• Visited May 2012