“Just "ok"” 3 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4409 Hearst Street, Metairie, LA 70001   |
Ranked #17 of 21 hotels in Metairie
“Just "ok"”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

This hotel was ok for the price. Nothing fancy. I stayed with three other ladies on a weekend girls trip to NOLA. I wouldn't want to stay with my family or any longer than a night or two. Its about a 15 minute drive from Bourbon and all the action. Bring your own towels if you need more than two, because it was virtually impossible to get any. Also, check out is at 11 am, but we were rudely awoken at 9 am to housekeeping banging on the the door asking us when we were leaving. Not cool when you had a long night/morning out.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

75 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Ft Walton Beach, Fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

this is the place to stay for low rates, cleanliness, hospitality, location to the city, good area. it was really a nice clean room. we stayed on the first floor in the rear of the hotel and it was very quiet and easy to get to. I would suggest this hotel to family and friends. convenient location to the city.

Room Tip: we stayed on the bottom floor in the rear of the hotel. it was quiet, air was cold, bath was hot, a...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Metairie
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

AFTER I checked in, receptionist said, "Oh, wifi is not working; it may be restored this week sometime, we don't know". I asked but they said no refunds for early checkout, even if free wifi was advertised. There was no wifi for about 2 days, no compensation of any kind offered. I asked every day. On the 3rd morning was told, "Oh, it was restored last night". No one informed me. The staff never offered any help, housekeeping was not available unless you stayed at least a week. I even had to ask someone to take the trash. Service is at a bare minimum, if that. Location inconvenient, hard to find. May be cheaper than the usual, but it may be more worthwhile to spend a little extra and get treated like a real guest, not an inconvenience.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

New Orleans
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for two weeks because I needed a place to stay before moving into my apartment. The rooms aren't bad. As a single traveler I was placed in a room with two full beds because they are remodeling many of their rooms. It smelled like smoke and had some roaches but all the basics that you'll need are there, including a working kitchen.
Everything else that happened was terrible. My second night there I received a phone call on the hotel phone at 4:00am from a woman in another room soliciting phone sex. She called five times in a row and when I finally unplugged the phone I heard someone walk down to my room and hang out outside of it for ten minutes. Creepy. The next morning at 5am I got a knock on the door as someone offered me various drugs through the window and wouldn't leave when I shut the window on them. When I went to the front desk with the issues the response was, "Oh it happens. Just unplug your phone and keep your door locked until security sees them." So it must be a regular occurrence. A few mornings later my fire alarm went off at 3:00am for no reason and ten minutes later there was a gun shot a few blocks away and the entire hotel woke up.
I went to the front desk about the fire alarm and to see if I could get my room cleaned (it wasn't cleaned my entire stay) and they offered me a refund for four of my fourteen days if I continued my stay with them and didn't go to another hotel. However, when I finally checked out at the end they denied me the refund and said I wasn't allowed to get it.
I think I just had bad timing, and a lot of those issues were outside of their control, but if they offer a refund then they need to follow through. That hurt.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Menands, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Based on a two-star rating, we got what we expected and got nothing less or more. It is an extended stay room, so it had a kitchenette but no room service unless your stay was long. It was clean but in a neighborhood that wasn't very attractive. The front desk lady was nice but her friend visiting her was nicer.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Roanoke, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed here in March 2013. Were a little worried with the mixed reviews I read on here.but I was very pleasantly surprised. We stayed 3 nights and had a chihuahua with us. Check in was a breeze, the lady at the front desk was very nice and informative about where to eat, which route was the easiest. We told her our dog had heart trouble and this was his last trip, she was very sympathetic and friendly to us and Kaos. We were located 15 minutes from the French Quarter and Garden District. The room was very clean and it had everything we needed, fridge, stove top, microwave, coffee pot and a small dinning room table and chairs, plenty of towels, great hot water in the bathroom, ac that worked great, , queen size bed, and a chair and ottoman.. It had wifi that worked well. I felt secure when I walked kaos in the morning and at night. No, this isn't a 5 star hotel with room service, but for two people and a dog, it was a great place with friendly people, at a great price, and we'll be happy to stay here again when we come back to NOLA.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Sun Suites Metairie? Share your experiences!