“Nice Motel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sleep Inn & Suites

You added Sleep Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Sleep Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4601 Utica Street, or 4601 North I-10 Service Road, Metairie, LA 70006   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Metairie
Milton, Florida
“Nice Motel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Very small parking area at the motel. Breakfast was good but dining area is very small and hard to move around in if you get four or five people moving at the same time. My room was great. I never heard anyone else in the other rooms like I have seen in the reviews.

Room Tip: Had a hot tub room and it was great. The tub was clean and big, not a small one you find in a lot of...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
gm121, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
We thank you so much for the "AWESOME" review of our staff & hotel. We want our guest to feel like they are at their "HOME AWAY FROM HOME”. We look forward to having you and your family back to stay with us again soon. We thank you again for staying with our family at Sleep Inn & Suites of Metairie

AGM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Arlington, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We had a one night stay on our way to Florida. Room was clean and comfortable. Only thing that could improve was parking spaces. We had to park across the street which makes it hard when you have little kids.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Birmingham, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Must read this before you stay here.... We stayed july 29 - Aug 2 came home and we brought back BED BUGS..... Yes BED BUGS... I called them as soon as I found my son with bites all over his body, the manager Cindy was nice at first but after talking to the owner and telling him I want them to pay for treatment on our house she changed. I'm so upset that our special needs son got ate up with bed bugs and the hotel could care less. They had to know this room had bed bugs but I guess it's all about the money because the hotel was full every night we were there. We throw our luggage away and my sons bed and mattress and had it sprayed. I will call the health tomorrow morning.

• Stayed August 2013
Mrs. Marler
I am very sorry that you still feel like this about our staff and management but most of all about our hotel . I have sent you the reports for Orkin and had them professionally come out and inspect the room as the normal procedure when someone thinks we have bed bugs. We have no problem for someone to come in and inspect our rooms We are proud of our product and will continue to make all of our guest feel like they are at their "HOME AWAY FROM HOME" .Again we are so sorry you feel like this about us after proper documentation was presented we do not have bed bugs.

Bentonville, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Very, very friendly staff. Clean room that is appointed well and comfortable bed. My only complaint was that we heard every word from our neighbors and people walking down the halls. Many folks complained about being hard to find. My GPS took me right to it, no issues. Breakfast area is very small and parking is tight ( you might have to park on the street or neighboring business). Nice breakfast. Great price and I will stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
gm121, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Thanks for staying with us on your most recent visit to New Orleans. I would like to say we have addressed the parking issue as of Friday June 28, 2013. We now have 19 spaces in the lot with the bank next door to our lot plus our secured parking garage down the street, complimentary to our guest. We have been working on doing this and it has been finalized. . We apologize that it was not done sooner, Our guest are who make us and if you all are not completely satisfied than we have been defeated as a team of excellence for our guest.

Thanks Again
Georgetown, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

This was a great pick because it was quiet and a great place to retreat after a long steamy day in New Orleans. The hotel is just a short drive down from New Orleans. It is in an odd location that might be tricky to some to get in and out but I found no issue with it. Veterans Street is just on the other side and accessible to food and drink for lunch and dinner.

I was given good recommendations for dining and that came about great.

I did encounter a couple of housekeeping issues that were dealt with swiftly and courteously.

I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The problems I encountered was that the duvet had a highly visible blood stain on it. I took it dow...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
gm121, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
To Our Valued Guest, Thank you so much for the awesome review of our staff and hotel.We do want to make our guest feel like they are at their "Home Away From Home". And we love to make every guest stay memorable. We hope to see you again in the near future. Thanks again for staying with The Sleep Inn..
Thanks Again
West Monroe, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

The staff at this hotel gets five stars for kindness, cheerfulness, and housekeeping effectiveness. The hotel is very hard to find. It is necessary to cross three lanes of traffic if coming off the I-10 onto Clearview Parkway North to take the very first left. If approaching from Veterans Highway from the airport, one can take a right on Lime St. and follow the curve. It is only because we are originally from the city that we were able to find it, and then we had to make a U-turn on Clearview because we didn't pick up on the above lane crossings.
There's a small, clean lobby and a tiny breakfast area, which was always very crowded. There's the usual cold cereal, powdered eggs, a waffle iron, and such. No problem, there are many great breakfast places in Metairie. Our room was clean but a bit dingy, with business grade, dark striped carpeting. Although the bath fixtures are good quality, plumbing was slow, and it's hard to adjust the temperature on the shower head. There isn't enough parking on site, but the hotel has another parking lot a block away. There's no pool. Most of us don't go to the New Orleans area to stay in the room, so we just didn't complain about anything. The Wi-Fi is user friendly but sometimes sketchy, in that it fades in and out. On the whole, the staff made us feel welcome, and housekeeping did an outstanding job with cleaning. I don't think we'll stay again because we like something a little more upscale. There are air units that do make noise if that bothers you. If you're brave and observant enough to learn how to get in easily, if you come in early enough to get a nearby parking place on site, and if you are interested in just the basics, it's a good value for the price.

Room Tip: The "suite" is a little larger, all one room but with a sofa bed, a tiny fridge,
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
To Our Valued Guest

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My friend who lives 1.5 miles away attempted to steer me to accommodations in Metairie at TWICE the cost. Based on TripAdvisor reviews, I took a chance and was pleasantly rewarded. Clean, friendly staff (I overheard them recommending nearby restaurants and I could tell they were being very honest, and not pitching a place). Located right off an exit ramp in a mixed residential/light industrial area. French Quarter is 8 miles away via freeway (and cost me about $13 a day to park in the Quarter). Shopping center around the corner. I had no problem finding it on my GPS by using the Utica address. I did have to park on the street one night due to a full lot (which apparently was resolved the day I checked out June 28, 2013). All rooms face into an indoor hallway so I felt totally safe. The breakfast looked good, though I only ate a danish. The only (slight) negative was room location. I was on the ground floor on the side facing a road that is well-travelled during rush hour. But the room was fairly soundproof, and I supplemented it by having the A/C fan on at all times to produce white noise. Some noise from hallway as expected; none from above. I had to call the front desk to ask how to operate the shower and the staffer was a hoot ("Yes that seems to be the million dollar question around here.")The rooms have been updated and look great for the money. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to traffic, you might want to ask for rooms on the opposite side from the well...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo