“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sleep Inn & Suites

Save Saved
You added Sleep Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Sleep Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4601 Utica Street, or 4601 North I-10 Service Road, Metairie, LA 70006   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Metairie
Kent, Ohio
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

The front desk staff were EXTREMELY friendly and helpful. I got there earlier than planned, and they were able to get me into a room as soon as I got there, even though I didn't have an early check-in time. The WiFi was down one of the mornings, and although they couldn't fix it right way, they put in clear effort trying to find out what the problem was, which I greatly appreciated.

The room was clean, and the bed was comfortable. There were both a mini-fridge and refrigerator in the room as well (which came in handy on the night I was too tired to go out for dinner, so I just picked up a frozen pizza at the Target across the street).

Driving to New Orleans from the hotel barely takes any time at all, and there didn't seem to be heavy traffic at any time of the day (although I was only there for 2 days, so maybe I just got lucky).

And because I always appreciate reviews pointing this out - I'm a female and was traveling alone, and I felt safe during my whole stay.

The only negative thing about my stay at all was the strong scent of whatever air freshener the cleaning staff uses. It's not a bad scent, but if you are sensitive to smells or if you're allergic to perfumes, be prepared!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
gm121, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
To Our Valued Guest!
Thank you so much for wonderful review of the hotel and staff. We do strive for excellence for our guest and want to make sure our guest feel like they are at their "Home Away From Home" while you are staying with us. We are using a lighter air freshener since you have stayed with us last so hopefully on your next stay in New Orleans we will get to see you again.
Again thanks for staying with us at Sleep Inn & Suites of Metairie

Cindy Bishop & Heidi Hutton
AGM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Cocoa Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

When I approached the desk they asked if I was Mfr. Snyder and when I confirmed it they gave me my room keys and a bag of goodies to welcome my wife and I to their great hotel!! It only got better from there. We only staid three nights but when we left we felt as though we were part if the family and not just guests.

The staff were helpful and cheerful. I would recommend this hotel to anyone to when they are visiting New Orleans. We will stay there whenever we return to New Orleans.

Can't say enough about the staff!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: We always get a room on the second floor or higher so we can open the blinds and not have anyone sta...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
gm121, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
To Our Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for the awesome review. The team remembers you both so well. We are proud that we could make your stay memorable and enjoyable. We surely hope to see you again on your next trip to New Orleans area.
Look forward to it!
Cindy Bishop
Crystal Springs, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

We were only at the Sleep Inn for 10 hours. The room was clean. The parking was secure as was the facility. Front desk lady very polite. We had a 6 AM departure at MSY. Sleep Inn is minutes from the airport. Easy access. Room cost $90. We didn't want the hassle of driving into NOLA very early in the morning. This was a great alternative. Will definitely stay here again. Only problem was that the free breakfast doesn't start till 7AM.

Room Tip: Get a higher floor to avoid interstate traffic noise.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
gm121, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
To Our Valued Guest;
Thanks so much for the AWESOME review! Our Team remembers you both so well. We are proud that we as a team could make your stay memorable. I know on the weekends the breakfast times are 7am till 10am and during the week from 6am till 9am. I will definitely pass the suggestion onto our General Manager about the 7am breakfast time. Again thanks for stay staying with us and we hope to see you on your return trip back to New Orleans
Thanks again!
Heidi Hutton & Cindy Bishop
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Our king room was clean and nicely furnished. The flat screen TV was great. Very clean and updated bathroom. Chair and ottoman, refrig, and microwave were nice additions. Very friendly staff. High quality mattress was very comfortable. Breakfast had a large selection including scrambled eggs and sausage.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
To Our Valued Guest,
Our team at Sleep Inn & Suites of Metairie is so pleased to know our hotel amenities and features fit so well for your stay with us. We as a team strive for excellence for our guest. We appreciate your review of us and we look forward to you staying with us on your return trip to New Orleans in the future.
Thanks Again!
Heidi Hutton & Cindy Bishop
Houston, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

This hotel is a great budget choice for New Orleans if you have a car and can hande a 15-minute freeway drive. The rooms are large, comfortable, and fully equipped with flat screen tv, good Internet, refrigerator, etc. The service is very,very friendly. A full hot breakfast is provided. The decor is dated and the lobby and parking lot are cramped. This is a good budget choice for a weekend when French Quarter prices are out of sight.

• Stayed October 2012
gm121, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
To Our Valued Guest
We thank you so much for your review! We're very glad that we could accommodate you on your past stay. We Strive for excellence and like for our guest to feel like they are at their “HOME AWAY FROM HOME”
Thanks again for staying with us at Sleep Inn & Suites of Metairie!
Tallahassee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

or you'll wind up in a constuction area in the median of I-10 2 mi west of here. Write down I-10 exit 226! Once you get there, you can easily SEE the hotel and figure out the streets to it.
Once you're here a friendly staff member checks you in. My room had a king bed, a sofa, working desk( with chair that could double as a reciner), a mini fridge (with microwave, which allowed me to get several meals taken out from a decent place to both reduce costs AND avoid rush hour in an unfamiliar city), all for around $90/night! There all several GOOD choices for eating within a 15 min drive (@ sometimes 10mi/hr). For example there is a mall (with a food court) within a 15min WALK of the hotel. The TV has a wide selection of channels ( including SPEED and FOX regional Sports so i'm not forced to buy a movie to watch on a TV.
I'm not going to rate the breakfast since working evenings/midnights my whole life I don't do breakfast. Overall a great experience for the price.

Room Tip: Odd # rooms face west ,even # rooms face east.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
To our valued guest!
Your review of our team was so awesome and in detail. Thanks so much from all of us! We are in process of trying to correct the problem with the GPS and we do apologize. We are happy that our location was accommodating for your stay. Thanks again for staying with us at Sleep Inn & Suites of Metairie.
Detroit Lakes, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

While on business in Louisiana, I stayed at the Sleep Inn & Suites. The price was reasonable for one night, $100.00. I took advantage of the free internet to make sure my meetings were ready and times were set. The staff helped with the bags, and was very helpful in helping with taxis. The fitness center was wonderful after a day of stressful meetings. The room was clean and the bathroom much larger than I expected, a nice change. I did find a little place that served beignets and great coffee called the Café Du Monde.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
gm121, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
To Our Valued Guest,
Our team are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with Sleep Inn & Suites in Metairie. We strive for excellence in all that we do.We are happy to know you were comfortable and enjoyed the famous beignet's of New Orleans.We hope to see you on your return trip to New Orleans

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!