“Review Hampton Inn Metairie” 4 of 5 stars

Get Double HHonors Points
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Metairie
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Imperial, California
“Review Hampton Inn Metairie”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Service was up and down. The up was the check-in - terrific. The down was the check-out/airport shuttle service. Though we had confirmed the night before we needed early morning (5:00 am) shuttling to the airport, the morning staff was ill-prepared to meet this need when their own shuttle was not ready. The room was good and clean. We left too early for the breakfast and our stay was too short to use any of the other amenenities.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Great Experience on a holiday week end and I can't wait to go back again and am already planning a trip. I am planning a tour trip and am going to recommend that we stay here. I am 73 years old and in the past 8 years I have driven to Canada and all over the US by myself and have stayed at Hampton Inns and never been disappointed!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here one night precruise. After arriving late at nearly 1 am at the airport we phoned and waited for the shuttle to arrive. They were very prompt,but we didn't know there is a special area across in the parking lot so make sure you confirm where to wait. After a short ride to the hotel we were greeted warmly by the staff. I had delivered diapers and other baby related items to the hotel and they were waiting for me in luggage storage. they happily retrieved them for me and we loaded them on the luggage cart up to our room. ( they had carts but no porter service here. ) As we had infants the cribs were already in our room with sheets. ( I constantly have to request them after I arrive even after requesting them with my reservation so this was extremely helpful, especially as we finished checking in and schlepping luggage at 2 am.). We were up just in time for the 10am ending breakfast which included waffles, toast, hard boiled eggs and hot and cold cereals amongst other items. The next day we went to Kmart which is a block away along with a lot of other stores/ shopping so you can pick up any forgotten items. In our case water for the cruise. I wouldn't want to stay here to visit New Orleans as it is too far out, but it would be possible using the buses or taxis. For a late night arrival I thought it was a perfect choice. We also loved the bed too. I don't know if it was because we were exhausted but this hotel gets high marks from my party as having the most comfortable beds in any hotel ever!

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

My family stayed at this hotel while visiting the New Orleans metro area. Great location! Conveniently located! Room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. Morning breakfast was just what we needed.

• Stayed March 2013
Salt Lake City, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

There wasn't anything particularly wrong with the hotel- it was a little more run down than I expect but still recognizable as a Hampton Inn. The location is right off the freeway and a main thoroughfare, which wasn't a problem.
Our problem with the stay was the noise level you could hear in the rooms. It was impossible to rest with so many people partying in the rooms around us. The hotel was also full of tours- and more small children than I've seen in one place in a long while. It is within walking distance to a few places to eat- and within a mile or so of a lot of restaurants. It is also very easy access from the airport and to the 10.
We chose to stay here the first couple nights so we could do some plantation touring before we headed to the French Quarter. I wouldn't plan on staying at this particular hotel again- even in the French Quarter we found the rooms a lot quieter at night.

Room Tip: I'm not sure there is a tip for this- even our friends room in another location was noisy.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

This hotel is wedged in the middle of one of the heaviest traffic areas in the New Orleans metro. Getting into the hotel is a little tricky, but once you're there, the facility is just fine. And, it has a connected parking garage which, again given the area, is very welcome. The room was clean and well-appointed. Staff is friendly and helpful. The only glitch of the trip was that housekeeping was not done cleaning my room upon check-in. That was a minor annoyance, as I just dropped my bags & went along to a function. Breakfast buffet is ho-hum.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Hotel is next to a busy road. If you miss the exit, you will miss the access to the hotel. Location is not good. Will avoid next time. Happy to see the sign at the lobby about the Jambalaya reception in the evening ... Then it's Jambalaya plus water.

Room Tip: Select even number rooms. The odd number room is very close to the high traffic road.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn Metairie? Share your experiences!