“This is a Great Hotel if Used for the Right Reasons” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double HHonors Points
Ranked #4 of 21 hotels in Metairie
Fort Smith, Arkansas
“This is a Great Hotel if Used for the Right Reasons”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Hampton's, in my opinion, are very consistent and that is why I like to stay at a Hampton when I must reduce my business cost or travel personally and want to save my money for other things besides a room. This Hampton was no different in comfort of bed, cleanliness of room, temperature control and free breakfast. All of those things were very good, very Hampton and vaery consistent. The free shuttle to the airport was very nice and runs every hour on the hour, but reservations should be made the night before leaving, especially if leaving early in the morning. The location to the airport and main arteries going into downtown New Orleans is very convenient. The reason I rated it a three instead of higher, which I typically do for Hampton Inns is the fact my home alarm did not go off the day before and I almost missed my flight to New Orleans. I didn't want that to happen again, so I called the desk and asked for a 5:00 am wake up call. The young lady told me she was entering that call right then and I was "all set". The next morning, fortunately, I awakened at 4:50 and decided to just get out of bed. The phone never rang, so I was very fortunate I did not oversleep. The hotel needs a little outside renovation, but the buttresses from the interstate might just overshadow any updates or attempts to make this property more appealing. If you do not want to go for a run, walk outside, or use the outdoors while at this property it is a fine, economical, and great location choice. If the outdoors is your passion and you like to walk or run, I wouldn't recommend this property; otherwise, it is consistent with the Hampton Inn brand.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

178 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Ruskin, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Lobby under construction and rooms need updating. As a hilton honors diamond member that travels every week I am looking for comfort and a great business center. Their business center needs improvement as far as technology and internet speed.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Brampton, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

My husband and I arrived at the Hampton on Friday night to find the hotel under construction. The main breakfast/lounge area was being upgraded as well as the floor in the elevators and main hall. Access to the elevators was restricted and we had to walk outside to the pool entrance to get to it.

The next morning breakfast was served in a small meeting room. As many of the rooms in the hotel where occupied, the meeting room was not large enough to accommodate all the guest. Some took plates of food back to there rooms.

The food itself was the same as most Hampton Inns however there was less selection, with many item not being refilled.

As a Hilton Gold member, I was very unimpressed. The only saving grace was that the hotel had a shuttle to the airport every hour.

Room Tip: Has an Airport shuttle that runs every hour.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Carlos R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Metairie, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
I am so sorry for the construction issues you had while you stayed with us. Your comfort and safety is my number one concern so I appreciate you bringing this to my attention.

As you could tell we are currently going through renovations and I sincerely apologize if this may have caused you any inconveniences. I can assure you that your comments are incredibly important to us and I will definitely take them into consideration.

Again, please accept my apologies and hope that the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our location again. Thank you.
Brooklyn, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Really ugly and depressing part of town, but was ok in a pinch and Hampton Inns do tend to be clean. This one was no exception, but I wouldn't stay in this location again if I had a choice. Also be aware that there is construction going on outside the hotel right now. Not sure when that will be finished.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the Causeway Blvd overpass - you'd have LOTS of traffic whizzing past y...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Carlos R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Metairie, responded to this review, January 11, 2013

As you could tell we are currently going through renovations and I sincerely apologize if we caused you any inconveniences. I can assure you that your comments are incredibly important to us and I will definitely take them into consideration.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Very nice hotel. Staff was helpful and courteous. Delicious breakfast,comfy beds,immaculate rooms. Not far from the French Quarter,but quiet. Free,covered parking was a nice touch.The free local calls were a bonus as well.We would return if we were in the area.

fremont, ca
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights in December. The Hotel itself is located weirdly off of a ramp to Highway 10. Getting there at night can be tricky but most GPS should be able to negotiate the turns correctly to take you there.
The Hotel staff service was quite courteous and helpful and checking in was a breeze. The room cleaning service was found wanting though. We found that the room cleaning was perfunctory and lacking in effort on a couple of occasions.
The breakfast was quite adequate. Although it was supposed to be a hot breakfast on most days we found bacon and sausage added to the hot items (scrambled eggs or prepared omlettes). Being vegetarians we just avoided them.
The front desk would willingly provide bottled water when requested daily.
Its location is somewhere squarely between downtown New Orleans and the Airport. There is a mall just a couple of blocks away although getting to it can be a bit arduous due to construction on street.
There are number of places to eat on Veterans blvd., within driving distances of 2-3 miles.
The location is quite safe for families to stay and I would recommend it as a no frills basic Hotel to stay any time.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms away from the freeway on the upper floors.
Boca Raton, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I was staying in Hampton Inn on a business trip to New Orleans. The hotel is located half way between airport and city right off I-10. The hotel is standard reliable Hampton Inn with a typical reliable Hampton Inn service. The hotel is located next to elevated hotel, but I did not have any noise problem - my room was facing pool. The room had two bed and was clean and everything was working.
Pros: - Clean good hotel. Reception desk was helpfull and friendly.
Cons: - internet was at standstill - Youtube could not load.

Location - at the begining its looked very strange and difficult to get to the hotel - maybe because of road construction, but at the second return late in the evening it was very easy. There are major shoping mall about 1.5 blocks away (Macy's). Few good chain restaurants - Outback and TGIF -just 2 blocks away. Whole Food is 2 blocks away. There are many restaurants on Veterans Hwy - just around corner. Its took me about 15 minutes drive to get to French Quaters in downtown around 7pm in the evening. Airport 15 minutes away from car rental lot.

The location maybe not great if you on vacation to see New Orleans or your business is in downtown, but if none of these apply to your trip - this is very normal location and good place to sleep.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn Metairie? Share your experiences!