“Right on interstate but quiet - amazing” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double HHonors Points
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Metairie
Flora, MS
“Right on interstate but quiet - amazing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

The hotel is right ON the interstate and I slept in a room on the interstate side but it was nice and quiet. The was very clean and comfortable. The usual great Hampton clean bed and good breakfast. Also the parking garage was easy to access the hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Mobile, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

I have stayed at this property twice. Not impressed with either visit. The room was pretty standard fare for Hampton with the exception of not having a fridge or microwave in the room. Staff at reception was average and did not blow me away with customer service. Just seemed like they were going through the motions....checking in, checking out. This property charges an average
rate for the area, but without a whole lot of perks. I'll stay here again as the rooms are clean, relatively quiet and the property is close to where my business is in Baton Rouge.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Rochester Hills
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

The servoce and room readiness was great. They provided prompt shuttle service from airport to hotel. Hotel people were friendly and helpful. Business center has convenient to use. The pool was not so claen, many debris in the pool. Overall, this is a good place to stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

We decided last minute to attend the Essence Festival on Saturday, July 7, 2012. Searched diligently for a hotel since many were booked months ahead. I was delighted to see Hampton Inn had rooms available, read the reviews...happy. So glad I booked hotel at the Hampton Inn Metairie perfect choice, free shuttle to and from airport and free breakfast which was great. We were able to check in early, as well as the server extended the breakfast buffet to allow latecomers to eat. Also, like the complimentary shuttle to Decatur Street twice a day, we did not make the time schedule so we took a cab to the Convention Center and later walked to the Superdome, cheaper if you join in with 4 or more people. Cab ride was not long nor was their any construction in or around the hotel, smooth sailing all around. Really like the gift package upon arrival, nice clean room with fridge, safe environment, and friendly professional staff. Great Experience will stay again! Thanks CoCo - Georgia

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

We just checked out of this hotel after a three night stay. The room was nice and clean. My only gripe would be no in-room safe. Your valuables would need to be secured in a safe at the front desk. The process was too much of an inconvenience. So I decided to keep my valuables with me. The staff was friendly and the breakfast was great! We will definitely stay here again when in New Orleans.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor for quick and easy access to the second level of the garage.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Fort Polk, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

I recommend any one with kids to stay at Hampton Hotel at Metairie if you plan to visit New Orleans. This Hotel is only about 10 to 15 minutes to Downtown New Orleans, Great buffet breakfast, great customer service, rooms are clean, Wii, cable TV and nice small swimming pool. I and my family enjoy our time in Hampton hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Guntersville, Alabama, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

I am mobility challenged and need a handicap room with roll in shower. Well, the room we were given was at the very end of the first floor by the exit door. The room had been retrofitted to make this a roll in shower so when you took a shower the water ran all over the bathroom floor and into the hallway of the room. This made the bathroom very slippery so I had to hold on to my husband to exit the room. But this isn't the worse of it. The room is opposite the service closet/room and the staff used it all night long, talking and making noise enough to wake me up. Still not the worse, there was highway construction going on so it was difficult to reach the back of the hotel but it was doable as we did it. But everyone was told to park anywhere, which also meant non-handicapped parked in the few handicapped spots available and to make matters worse, the manager cordoned off (by putting in an orange cone) the handicap spot closest to the door so his "best" customer could plug in his electric car. The "best" customer was not handicapped and there were places in the back where he could have plugged in his car. When we complained, we were ignored. Nothing was done. We asked to speak to the manager but he wouldn't speak to us. We were told to park in the back as it is closer to your room, but there was no curb cut in the back so I wouldn't be able to get to the parking lot with my mobility chair.
We will never stay at this Hampton Inn again. The manager should be fired.
It took me a while to write this review as I had some medical issues that needed to be done when we returned from our vacation.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Hampton Inn Metairie, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
Thank you for your review. I always enjoy hearing from our guests and I am very sorry that the comfort of your stay was interrupted by the safety hazards in the bathroom and the inconvenience of the parking. I have taken your comments to our team to correct these issues. Again, we are very sorry for the inconveniences you and your husband experienced. The next time you have the chance to travel to Metairie, I do hope that you will be our guest again at the Hampton Inn.

Been to Hampton Inn Metairie? Share your experiences!