“Never Again!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Metairie

Save Saved
You added Super 8 Metairie to your Saves list
Super 8 Metairie
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2421 Clearview Pkwy, Metairie, LA 70001 (Formerly Shoney's Inn)   |
Ranked #14 of 21 hotels in Metairie
Sevierville
“Never Again!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2009

I booked this room with Expedia in the summer of 2008 for our stay in February for Mardi Gras. I chose this hotel because I had stayed there in the past when it was a Shoney's Inn and always received great service. When we arrived with our children to check in and after confirming before the trip that everything was taken care of with them and Expedia, I was shocked to find out that apparently the rooms had not been paid for by Expedia. The manager told us we would have to secure one nights stay with a credit card, since it was a Sunday and they would not be able to get ahold of Expedia until the next morning. My Monday morning was spent not sightseeing, but fighting with the manager, once he finally made it into work, about Expedia already paying the fees that summer and confirming with them that summer that everything had been taken care of. When we checked out they had not held the card, but charged the card my whole stay which tied up the funds on my card and it wasn't until we checked out that we had to again force them to credit back the amount to our card. Something that should have been done 3 days prior. Again, rooms are small and dirty. The comforters had several cigarette burns in them and the blanket looks like someone went on a picnic and forgot to wash. There was no fitted sheet on the bed and the mattress was bent in the middle and uncomfortable. We will never stay at this hotel again. There are so many more to choose from. Hope that this helps!!!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family

171 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
ca
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2008

i had bad experience motel had drugs people knocking on doors
and girls sell for Prostitution rooms smell bad and bed bugs in the rooms

Stayed December 2008
Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2008

The rooms are old, in need of maintenance, foul, and generally unappealing. It is so thoroughly cramped by busy roads and second-rate businesses on all sides that merely driving into and out of its parking lot is a dangerous proposition.

The service is variable. One desk clerk was helpful and pleasant; the other was a disgrace. I'm not even sure she was technically an employee, but rather the franchise owner's lunatic wife who for some reason was allowed to sit behind the front desk and insult patrons, while the other (helpful) clerk tried her best to brush her aside. If it were not for this inane character the hotel would merit two stars - perhaps.

• Liked — Leaving.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2008

I stayed at this hotel with my boyfriend for a few months. I had a great experience with this hotel! The complimentary breakfast was great, and the staff were very friendly! The owner was very helpful. The rooms were very clean, and I loved that there were security cameras, and Security guards. I appreciate everything that the staff did for me, and I hope to stay again sometime. I love metairie. It's very close to everything you need. Would reccomend this place to anyone! Thanks guys!

• Liked — The staff.
  • Disliked — Everything was great!
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2008

The hotel is ok, nothing fancy but decent for the price. We were actually quoted $91 a night and was only charge $67. Good location, right off I10 and only minutes from downtown New Orleans. The only problem is that we could hear everything outside - thunder, other customers, etc... Other then that things were fine & I was satisfied with our stay.

• Liked — Location near interstate
  • Disliked — Paper thin walls
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Lewisville, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2007

Oh man. Terrible service, terrible rooms, dirty, terrible location. Just all around bad. OH! And its priced the same as a room you could get in the french quarter? Huh? Yeah, don't book it. Keep looking around, and you will find something downtown or the french quarter for the same price or cheaper.

• Liked — I wasn't murdered....I guess that's good.
  • Disliked — the price! why?!
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Harrison, Tn
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2006

I had made reservations at another property, but did not like the place once I got there. We drove out near the airport in New Orleans to a suburb called Metarie. I stopped at the Shoney's Inn and went in to inquire on rate and vacancy. I guaranteed my stay with my credit card. There was 3 of us for 2 nights. on the second day, we went out early then came back for a while before going out again. The room had not been cleaned yet. We left and came back about 6 hours later to find the door to our room open. We had valuables in that room. I went up to the front desk and complained about it. The desk clerk said he would find out which maid cleaned the room and left the door open. The next day when I checked out, I paid with cash instead of leaving it on my credit card. 2 weeks later I received my credit card statement and I had been charged for the room. I called the hotel and could not get anyone in charge. I left my number for them to call me. I called my credit card company and they said they would send me forms to fill out to dispute the charge. Luckily, I had my receipt. I went online to the corporate offices of Shoneys and complained to them. To this day, I have not heard anything from them. Evidently they don't care about their customers. I called the hotel again and finally got the GM. She said she would check it out. 4 hours later she called me back and said it had been a mistake and she would credit my charge card. Also, she had not heard about our door to the room being left open. Beware of this hotel.

• Liked — The price
  • Disliked — No pool
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Super 8 Metairie? Share your experiences!