“Superb Super 8, Great hotel plus location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Metairie

You added Super 8 Metairie to your Saves list
Super 8 Metairie
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2421 Clearview Pkwy, Metairie, LA 70001 (Formerly Shoney's Inn)   |
Ranked #14 of 21 Hotels in Metairie
Atlanta, Georgia
“Superb Super 8, Great hotel plus location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I liked everything! The girl who checked me in was extremely friendly and entire staff was so helpful..Value was excellent.Ten minutes from airport right off interstateClean fresh room including clean curtains. The rooms were so spacious and comfortable. The bed itself and the bedding...wish I could have taken it home! The entire facility was so clean, it was a great stay!
Great price too

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Little Rock
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Well the guys all decided on a overnight trip to the Big Easy, lol. And this was the place selected for us, no arguments, and the check in was done by someone else. So my review will consist of the room quality and the enounter with the front desk clerk, I think his name was Michael.

Upon entry on the room I was not surprised of anything especially, typical of every other motel. Double bed, office style furnishings etc. Then I checked the restroom and noticed only 1 bath towel and not washcloths. I call front desk and spoke with the gentleman and asked for more, he advised that I would have to wait for housekeeping to finish upkeeping first, then I would be able to have more. I was not satisfied with response and walked back down to front desk to voice my concerns directly for lack of supplies. Again, he said once housekeeping is finished he would have me taken care of. This time he must have been in front of the owner, that coupled with his tone. The manager/owner assisted Michael with the proper response and advised him to get on walkie talkie to call housekeeping and bring towels to my room immediately. 3-5 min later I had clean warm towels.

Finally, the bed and pillows. I have no complaints and the quality alone for the bed and pillows Super 8 should be able to garner a half star increase.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

The first thing you notice in New Orleans in July is the heat! We found our room to be nice and cool at all times. The beds and pillows were very comfortable and we slept well in this surprisingly quiet hotel. This three-story facility has a nice elevator/or stairs centrally located between the parking lots on each side of the building. Our room was kept very clean during our wonderful 3 day festival stay and personell were very friendly and helpful at all times. It was very easy to take I-10 back and forth into New Orleans for the festival activities and restaurants from this location.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Metairie, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

When I made the reservation online, I had a low expectation coming to this hotel but this hotel beat my expectations. I need a room for a night because of our air conditioner was not working and down here in New Orleans, A/C is needed here. The staff was so friendly, from Angela who checked me to Jamal who was there bright and early when I was on my way to work to check me out.

The rooms were nice and spacious for someone who was living in a 2 bedroom home. My wife love the fact that we were able to use the internet (which by the way was faster than my own at home), and they had a refrigerator so we can keep the food we cooked earlier in the day. The beds were wonderful and the room was remolded with new carpet and the linen was clean and ready to for us to sleep on. My wife and I really like the fact that we didn't have to cook breakfast in the morning. Waffles, Pancakes, OJ, Oatmeal, was great to have when your on the go.

The next time I have family staying here in town Super 8 on Clearview will be my number 1 choice for them to stay. Congrats on making our service wonderful!

Room Tip: The side away from the Shoney's is the most quiet side!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Saint Catharines, Ontario, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

Of all the stops on our southern road trip, this hotel was the worst. Just one towel and we could not get another one, electric plugs that didn't work, dirty and run down room. If there had been another room available in another hotel, we would have left, but there was a big music festival going on and rooms were scarce. Would not stay here again, should have slept in the car.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Macon, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

This is a great place to stay in New Orleans. It's 10 miles to the Quarter. It's close to restaurants, stores, and gas. Free parking and breakfast. If you don't like the breakfast the hotel has, there's a Shoney's in the parking lot. The pool is nice as well. Room was clean and comfy. LOVE the pillows! They're not the flat things like at some hotels. Each room has a fridge and microwave which is great for saving money. I will definitely stay here next time I go to the Big Easy.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Super8metairie, Management Representative at Super 8 Metairie, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking out time in reviewing our property. We are glad that you had enjoyed your stay at Super 8 Metairie. We are looking forward to address your travel need in future and hope you would stay with us again when you are in town. We encourage you to book directly with us by calling +1 504 456 9081.

Thank You Again !!!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012 via mobile

About 10 mi. From the French quarter off I-10. Free parking and breakfast, close to food and gas. Saved big bucks staying up here and easy access to highway. Pretty basic hotel but it did the job and was decently kept. Would stay here again!

• Stayed June 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank You Again !!!

Been to Super 8 Metairie? Share your experiences!