“Ok place, but front desk employees need training.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Metairie-New Orleans Airport

You added Ramada Metairie-New Orleans Airport to your Saves list
Ramada Metairie-New Orleans Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3400 S. I-10 Service Rd, Metairie, LA 70001 (Formerly Days Hotel New Orleans - Metairie)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #16 of 21 Hotels in Metairie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Jacksonville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Rooms are old and outdated. Tube TV's. Peeling wallpaper. Worn carpet. Ugly and unpleasant-stay away

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

It was a bit difficult using public buses at first but considering price difference from downtown hotels, so worth it! Room was so spacious, clean quiet and comfortable. Staff was friendly, accommodating and efficient. Cute places to eat and drink nearby and the attached IHOP 24HR was a bonus. To those who complain about limited breakfast voucher: REALLY!? it's free and pleasant to have coffee and any little bit else is frosting, especially considering the reasonable overnight rate! Would stay again and again!

• Stayed April 2013
Brewton
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We stayed for one night on a business trip. The room was clean enough, but tired looking. The bed was comfortable but the room itself is on a busy interstate service road and very noisy.
Upon check-in we received no directions to our room from the clerk. She merely stated the room was around the corner so we got in our car and drove around the building to find there were no numbers on the sliding glass doors. We had to go back in to get directions.
There is an IHOP restaurant attached to this hotel and the food and service there were excellent. We had two meals there and upon checkout realized we did not get our free breakfast that would have been included - the only reason we found out about it is at checkout another couple was asking the clerk for a meal voucher - too late for us, we had already paid.
Overall, I would rate this as a two star but an acceptable place for one night. It was less than two blocks from our business meeting.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

NOBHotelManagement, General Manager at Ramada Metairie-New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
I'd like to apologize for the confusion and miscommunication with the directions to your room. Our property consist of indoor corridors which means all rooms are entered from the interior. We are sorry that you were not informed of that. I-Hop is attached to the property and some of the rate packages offer a free continental breakfast, some offer a full breakfast, and other rate packages do not have any breakfast with their room. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.
Taylor, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

This was my first visit to N.O and to Mardi Gras, this was the worst hotel stay I've ever had in my life. I was so excited to finally partake in Mardi Gras festivities, that I reluctantly paid a super inflated price for a Days Inn, but I figured I wouldnt be in the room much any way. When I got there I was met with rude customer service and and even worse room accomodations. My room was dank and musty smelling. The bathroom had holes in the wall where the plumbing from the toliet entered the wall and pieces of tiling missing from the floor. The carpeting was filthy. But again I decided to stay because the reservation was non refundable for the week of Mardi Gras and all other hotels were booked solid. However, I woke the next morning to find huge bugs in the shower, which was digusting. This sealed the deal, I had to go! I tried to remain calm as to not skew the opinions of the other people checking in but the front desk representative was completely utterly rude. She purposely slow to patrons, and short when answering their questions. She wouldnt even assist an elderly couple trying to catch a cab to the airport. She initially told me my reservation was non refundable, and I informed her quietly of why I was unable to stay (because I did not want to become infested with vermin) and would like a refund of the un-used stay. She said she would have to speak with a manager. I waited patiently and no manager ever showed or called. Approximately 30 mins later she returned the remainder of my reservation. When I went back to the room to pack my belongings to leave, she called the room yelling that I wasnt supposed to return to the room after I checked out. Needless to say I gave her a piece of my mind after I gathered my luggage. ABSOLUTELY THE WORST PLACE TO STAY IN NEW ORLEANS!! If I could give it a negative score I would. I will never return, nor will I suggest this place to anyone.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
We sincerely apologize for the treatment that you received while you were here. The condition of the room you were in is completely unacceptable. We have recently put new management in place and we are working to improve the condition of all our rooms. I can assure you that all rooms are not in the condition you spoke of. We do get monthly extermination at our property and it is typically the last week or first week of the month. Customer service is extremely important to us and this business. We work hard on the every day basis to make sure that all staff is providing the best customer service possible. Your comments are appreciated and each point will be noted and attended to.

Been to Ramada Metairie-New Orleans Airport? Share your experiences!