“alligators” 5 of 5 stars

B.C.,Canada
9 attraction reviews
“alligators”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

This 1 1/2 hour boat tour in the Louisiana swamp was a high light for us. Our Tour guide, Jason, is humorous, knowledgeable and proud of his "backyard" . We saw many birds and animals, including alligators, nutria, armadillo, wild pig. Great value.

Visited January 2014

Zurich, Switzerland
17 attraction reviews
“Good tour, bad company”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

I liked the tour, we saw what we expected: Gators. We even saw a turtle and we were appreciated about the beautiness of the area. BUT: For this company, all is about money. Of course, they have to earn money, this is OK. But you can also care about money AND animals. First of all, how the tourguide told about the animals was disrespectful. The major reason for my bad review and my recommendation to not book the swamp tour at this company is the environment of their animals. They have a few gators and a turtle in a very small cage. Also chicken in an even smaller cage. They do have enough space to make an animal-friendly environment - they just don't care about. When I asked the tourguide, why they don't make a bigger cage for the chicken, he answered: "we use them only for the eggs, they don't need more space". Terrible.
Conclusion: Book a swamp tour, but not this one! There are enough other vendors, so if you like animals, look for another one!

Visited January 2014
Bradford, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Amazing trip, great tour guide”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

We took a small airboat tour and because of the time of year there were only the 3 of us on it. Brandon who took us out was an amazing guide, he'd grown up in the area and played there as a kid so knew everything there was to know, about conservation, the animals, the flora & fauna and the swamps. He had a great sense of humour and really made the trip with stories about the area. The boat can get you in to all the small areas and it's a great ride. Everyone is really friendly with one guy giving me his coat so I didn't get cold (we'd gone on a particularly cold day for NOLA) I'd thoroughly recommend this trip especially on a small airboat.

Visited November 2013
Jacksonville, Florida
“This is a good tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

I enjoyed this tour! My daughter had bought the tickets prior to my visit....I was thinking Swamp Tour..you have got to be kidding! I t was very enjoyable.The guide was absolutely great ,answered all the guest question without hesitation. Very quick to point out everything.Friendly,relaxed tour,explained all the wild life. I would take this tour again.I you have children between the ages of 10-14 this will be educational for them.

Visited December 2013
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
18 attraction reviews
“Excellent Tours”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

Did the tour for the 2nd time (once in 2001 and once in 2013). I highly recommend the tour if you are in the new orleans area. The first time in 2001 had a great tour guide who knew the area and spoke in cajun. He was a local person. I am hoping to have the same tour guide this time but had Jason (who was much younger) but also did an excellent tour. The company seems to make sure that the guides know the area and can get the boat into the best areas in the water for viewing alligators. The guides will also answer any questions about wildlife.

You can look around and get $10 coupons per person on websites which make this trip affordable.

Their gift shop is also good as it has gator heads (if interested, from sustainable sources) and jerky.

If you have questions and call their number, they will answer all questions.

Overall enjoyed this attraction alot 2 times. '

Visited September 2013